About Kalna College, [KC] Bardhaman
Kalna, a sub-divisional town in west Bengal is a distinguished heritage site. The archaeological remains dating as back as 14thcentury ADhave spread in Kalna and revealed its rich past. Ambika Kalna is known to the tourists as a town of temples with architecturalmagnificence .The Jain, Buddhists, Baisnaba, Shakata and Islamic Cultures used to harmoniously co-exist as evidenced bythe relics of those settlements.
Kalna College was established in the year of 1943. The College is situated one kilometre away from its nearest railway station Ambika Kalna. The Holy Ganga is also one kilometre away towards north from this college. Since 1943 the college has been catering higher education to the people of Kalna and around Kalna.
Kalna College, one of the oldest colleges under the University of Burdwan, is now a flourishing institution with honours teaching facilities in as many as fourteen subjects including Santali and Computer Science in general course. The B.Ed course approved by NCTE under B.U. has been the integral part of the college for long back. The College also running extended morning shift. The Morning shift imparts teaching to Arts streams in the general course. The Present student-strength of the college is around five thousand. The College provides good laboratory facilities with the students of science streams. The college Library has a collection of huge number of rare and good books besides thebooks for regular use of the students.The College was earlier accreditated by NACC with B++, and it will start the process for further accreditation. The college has undertaken different infrastructural development programmes that have been funded by UGC in its XI plan.
Why to Join Kalna College, Bardhaman, West Bengal?
- Scholarships and concessions: Students from various minority communities are offered scholarship and concession amounts. Also, the student's union supports in students aids for students belonging to lower income groups. Many meritorious students showing consistent academic performance are given a stipend in order to encourage them.
- Seminars and symposiums: In order to help the students cope with the ever changing needs in the field of commerce and science various symposiums and seminars are organized inside the campus. This serves as an opportunity for students to learn and experience the various developments and other changes in their respective fields during the course of pursuing their degree.
- Different courses: This institution is among the rare few to offer 14 different courses including Satali and Computer science in general courses.
- Infrastructure for research: Labs encouraging research and development facility for science stream has supported students in improving their overall knowledge and passion for the subject.
Rules & Criteria:
- Admission to the 1st year B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. course (both General and Honours) will commence as soon as possible after the publication of the results of the Higher Secondary Examination.
- Students of either sex who have passed the H.S. Examination or such other equivalent Examination under any other authority recognized by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, and I.S.C., C.B.S.E. are eligible for admission to the 1st year B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com., Honours and General Course of the new three year Degree Course (1+1+1) pattern.
- Application for admission will have to be made in the prescribed form only. An incomplete form is liable to be cancelled.
- Attested copies of the certificates / marksheets / admit cards etc. of the Madhyamik Examination / H.S. or equivalent Examination together with a character certificate (Original) from the Head of the Institution where the student studied last should be attached to the form of application for admission. Attested copies of Scheduled Caste / Tribe / Physical Handicapped certificates (wherever applicable) should also be attached to the admission form.
- The students are to be selected for admission to their desired courses strictly on the basis of merit.
- The Prospectus, Notice, Rules & Regulations for Admission should be consulted carefully at the time of selecting subjects of study.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Ph: 03454 - 255032
Fax: 03454 - 255669
Email: [email protected]