About Gurudev Arts and Science College, [GASC] Kannur
Gurudev Arts and Science College is established in the name of the great Indian legend and educationalist Rabindranath Tagore in the year 2002 at Mathil, Kannur.
Gurudev is one of the Malankara Catholic Colleges administered by the Metropolitan Bishop of Bathery in accordance with the rights of the minority community guaranteed in the constitution of India.
His Beatitude Moran Mor Baselios Cleemis, the Major Archbishop Catholicos of the Malankara Catholic Church and the Vice-President of the Catholic Bishop’s Conference of India is the Chief Patron of the college. Most Rev. Dr. Joseph Mar Thomas, the Bishop of Bathery is the patron of the college. Rt. Rev. Msgr. Mathew Chamakkalayil, the Chief Vicar General and Rt. Rev. Msgr. Dr. Varghese Thannickakuzhy, the Vicar General of Bathery Diocese are the Co-patrons of the college.
The college stands for academic excellence, development of professional skills and character formation based on vertical and horizontal dimensions of love so as to produce cognitively enriched, affectively trained, morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired young citizens of India. Excellence in educational performance and ethics in social norms have marked the wonderful reputation of this institution. The college marches forward with enhanced vigour and vitality, upholding the motto “Lititia et Servire”- Love and Service.
Why To Join Gurudev Arts And Science College?
1. Best university results- The Science and Arts College produces best University results in the whole state. With 99 per cent result in 2011- 12, 98 percent result in 2010-11 and 97 percent in 2009-10.
2. Highly qualified faculty members- For numerous courses, different faculty member are allotted, and they are hired with the best academic history. All the teachers have master’s degree and have a minimum of at least five years’ experience
3. Well stocked library and highly equipped labs- The college is well-equipped with best facilities available for the labs. The labs are large and spacious and are all set up for different subjects. The library has vast collections of books and journals and meets all the requirements of students and teachers.
To impart value-based education for the overall development of students whose dreams bring to reality with firm love, respect, loyalty and descipline.
- To impart quality higher education.
- To build up a community of teachers who are committed and loyal to their profession.
- To cultivate leadership qualities among students.
- To promote free thinking and creative outlook in students.
How to Apply :
Single Window System
Admission Formalities :-
Applicants provisionally selected will be intimated to appear for an interview. At the time of interview, candidates should be accompanied with their parents / guardian. The following documents in original should be produced.
- The intimation card
- Transfer & conduct certificates
- S. S. L. C. Mark book
- Mark list of qualifying examination
- Certificates ex-cur activities (if any)
- 3 passport size photographs
The S. S. L. C. book and other certificates submitted to the college office will be returned to the students only when they leave the college. Students are, therefore advised to take true copies of the certificates before submitting them to the office.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Office: 04985 281500
Principal: +91 9497055816
Administrator: +91 9447251064
Director: +91 9447110152
Email : email@example.com