About Gour Mohan Sachin Mandal Mahavidyalaya, [GMSMM] South 24 Parganas
Gour Mohan Sachin Mandal Mahavidyalaya is a government – aided, co-educational multi-faculty college established in 1968.The college was founded by Dr. Satyendranath Naskar, a renowned educationalist with empathy towards the backward classes in 1968. Late Sachindranath Mandal, son of Late Gour Mohan Mandal , of the adjoining village Bireswarpur, donated land and money towards the establishment of the college. Many benevolent persons contributed land and money for the development and expansion of the college. The college at present is situated on 13.1 acres of land near Madhabpur station, Sealdah - Lakshmikantapur Railway Line. The Kolkata – Kulpi Road runs past the college.
Affiliated by the University of Calcutta on 30th August 1969 as a grants –in –aid college ,the college is recognized by the UGC under Section 2(f) and 12( b).The college underwent its first cycle of NAAC accreditation in march 2007 and was awarded B Grdae. At present the college has 10 Hons Courses in BA, BSc and B.Com stream besides various subjects including Journalism, Music, Physical Education and Computer Science in General Stream.
Gour Mohan Sachin Mandal Mahavidyalaya perceives education and the process of educating as a total integral contextual process which includes students, teachers, parents, administration and the environment. The college in aspects of student profile faces a unique reality. Most of our students hail fromeconomically weak, rural agricultural and socially backward families.
The college seeks to impart Quality and Equitable Education to many at affordable costs. Serving the cause of social justice, ensuring equity and increased access to arenas of higher education in the wider world scenario are the primary concerns of the college. The college believes innately that pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.
- To enrich the mind of the learner and to enable them to think analytically and to understand what is happening around them.
- To enable the learners to do productive work and access gainful employment including self-employment particularly contextual in the area’s socio-economic reality of poverty and unemployment.
- To inspire the students to become national and global citizens through activities like N.C.C.
- To bolster community development through vocational courses and distant educational programmes.
Why To Join Gourmohan Sachin Mondal Mahavidyalaya, South 24 Parganas, West Bengal?
- Career Counseling: This College organizes regular career counseling camps that offer information to students about all the latest career options in call centers, retail centers, etc. The college updates its placements notice board as broad guideline for students.
- Seminars: the college keeps organizing seminars on different modern issues such as Aids awareness, Child trafficking, etc periodically with the local NGOs in attempt to inculcate socially responsive attitude among students.
- Cultural Events: The College organizes cultural events all-round the year. Through various cultural programs the students are encouraged to appreciate modern trends and respect tradition of India. Thus, the college incorporates traditions in students along with education, for all round personality development of the students.
For more details about admission please contact :-
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone Number : 03174 277355