Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad Infrastructure Details
- Serves the teachers, non-teaching staff and research scholars of the University through its well-trained library professionals. It provides a variety of services like documentation, reference, lending of books to its clientele, inter-institutional loans, etc. Study Centres also have attached library cells to serve the needs of the widely scattered student population.
- At present, the Central Library and Study Centre Libraries have a collection of
- 1,47,225 books and non-book material in different languages.
- It subscribes to 20 newspapers( English newspapers 8, Telugu 8, Hindi 1 and Urdu 3).
- 153 journals (123 Indian and 30 foreign) for the Central Library.
- E-journals - 5 packages i.e.,
- Cambridge University Press
- The library has acquired a gift of over 18,000 books from the late Sri Narla Venkateswara Rao, an eminent Journalist and Parliamentarian.
- 1765 books on distance education were gifted by the late Prof. G. Ram Reddy, an eminent educationist, founder Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- Prof.V.S.Prasad former Vice-chancellor of this University donated his personal collection of 700 books to Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University Library.
IT enabled service
- All the in-house operations of the Library are computerised.The Library database(including the Endowment Libraries) is accessible to all the academic departments of the University through the Local Area Network(LAN).
- The Computer Centre has facilities for storing, retrieving and updating all the data pertaining to the students. This helps in streamlining dispatch of material, publication of results for awarding degrees, diplomas and certificates.
Live Application Forms