Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar was established in 2001. In 2004 the college got its name placed in the list of the Universities maintained by the University Grants Commission [UGC]. It is also the member of the Association of Indian Universities [AIU] as approved by the AIU in 2009.
The Dhirubhai Ambani College courses offered are undergraduate, postgraduate, and Doctorate programs for the students. The Institute is consistently ranked as one of the best technological institutes in India in the fields of electronics and communication engineering, computer science, and information technology.
The DAIICT infrastructure has a good campus with state of art facilities like resource center [library], laboratories, computing center, Cafeteria [food court], hostel facility, medical facility, sports facility, security facility and many more.
The college has a dedicated and well-organized placement cell which provides training, internship and placements for students with good salary package in some of the top companies.
The Institute offers quality education for all the departments and courses and also encourages and supports students in cultural, social, extracurricular activities and events through various students clubs and committee.
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar:
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar Highlights:
Year of Establishment
Association of Indian Universities [AIU] and
University Grants Commission [UGC] under UGC Act, 1956.
National Assessment and Accreditation Council [NAAC] with 'A' Grade
DAIICT, Near Indroda Circle, Gandhinagar - 382 007, Gujarat, India
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology Fee structure
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar Infrastructure Facilities:
Resource Centre [Library]:
- The DAIICT college library is known as Resource Centre [RC].
- The library or RC serves as an innovative partner in learning, teaching and research activities.
- The RC operates from the separate buildings with wi-fi enabled facility for two library buildings.
- The college library can accommodate about 300 users at a time.
- The RC has a diverse and rich collection of about 31,020 books, 11,230 e-books, 5,674 e-journals, 78 print journals, 10 databases, 663 theses and 3,913 audio-visual material in the social science, ICT, and humanities.
- The DAIICT college students can also browse and access the various electronic resources such as e-books, e-journals, and databases using the dedicated areas in the reading zones.
- The college library also offers language learning for the students.
- The RC has collaboration with Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) and National Digital Library of India (NDLI) for resource sharing.
- The college has eco-friendly and modern infrastructure facilities in the IT department.
- It has high-speed internet and high configuration computers for the students and research scholars.
- The DAIICT college has a state of art labs with high-tech and modern labs with special equipment and systems to facilitate practical and research education.
Halls of Residence [Hostel]:
- The institute has two Halls of Residence [Hostel] one for Men and the other for Women.
- The men’s hall has 8 wings labeled from A to H each wing consists of about 60 rooms.
- The total capacity of the 8 wings for men can accommodate about 900 students on twin sharing basis.
- The women’s hall has 2 wings and labeled as the J and K wings with a total accommodation of 195 resident students.
- The DAIICT college campus has 7 food courts offering a wide variety and diversity of food from North India to South India.
- The food courts are run on a yearly basis by experienced outsourced caterers.
- The modern infrastructure facilities are provided for contractors with at low cost.
- All the food courts in campus serve North and South Indian Food in addition to two food courts serve South Indian food with one special breakfast, snacks, pastries, and one fruit and fruit juices.
- The college has Amul outlet and products of Amul are available at the food court.
- The institute campus has a separate food court which serves non-vegetarian food including egg dishes.
- The DAIICT campus has a Medical Centre with a reasonable stock of medicines.
- The campus is visited by two Doctors daily, one Doctor is available in the forenoon and the other in the evening.
- The campus Doctors provide free consultation and medicines to the students.
- The DAIICT college has signed MoU's with Aashka Multispeciality Hospital which is adjacent to the college campus and Apollo Hospital Gandhinagar.
- The institute has an ambulance facility and available for 24/ 7 for the students in case of emergencies.
- The DAIICT provides all the students with the medical and accidental insurance policy.
- The DAIICT campus has round-the-clock security coverage.
- The security of campus and residents is administered through a registered private security company which employs well-trained security supervisors and guards.
- The work of security guards is monitored by the institute administration as well as the centralized security set up of Reliance ADA Group.
- The security staffs are well trained and equipped to handle all incidents relating to the security of property and campus residents.
- Securities are authorized to ask for identification from students, employees and campus visitors.
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar Programs:
The DAIICT college provides admissions to its undergraduate program under 3 categories :
- All India Category
- Gujarat Category
- NRI and Foreign National
- M.Tech. [ICT]
- M.Sc [IT]
- M.Des. [Communication Design]
- Doctorate [Ph.D.]
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar Clubs and Committees:
- Debate Club
- Press Club
- Dance Club
- Music Club
- DA-IICT Theatre
- Research Club
- Chess Club
- Programming Club
- Film Club
- Google Developers' Group
- IEEE Student Branch
- Mircosoft Student Club
- Electronics Hobby Club
- Khelaiya Club
- Cubing Club
- Radio Club
- Webkit Club
- Excursion Club
- Heritage Club
- Headrush- Quizzing Club
- Photography and Movie Making Club
- Academic Committee
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- ICT Committee
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Student Placement Cell
- Gender Cell
- Cafeteria Management Committee
- Hostel Management Committee
- Annual Festival Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Sports Committee
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar Collaborations, and MoU's:
- University of Hildesheim [Stiftung Universitat Hildesheim], Hildesheim, Germany
- Institut Superieur D’Electronique De Paris, France
- University of Evora (Universidade de Evora), Portugal
- The Government of Gujarat
- Indian Navy
- Indian Statistical Institute
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
- Space Application Centre, Indian Space Research Organisation
- Tata Consultancy Services
- Entrepreneurial Development Institute of India
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Hyderabad
- INFLIBNET Centre, Inter-University Centre of the University Grants Commission
- The University of Dayton, USA
- eiTRA-einfochips Institute of Training Research and Academics Limited, Ahmedabad
- University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Springer Science+Business Media Singapore Pte Ltd
- ICICI Bank
- Ramakrishna Sarada Sevashram, Bastar
- Reliance Communications Limited
- Ericsson India Private Limited
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar Placements:
- The DAIICT Placements for the students are provided by institute's well-structured and dedicated Placement Cell.
- The placement cell comprises of Placement Manager and Placement Secretary, Faculty members, and the students.
- The cell provides training for the students which are designed in line with the industry.
- It also provides internships for the students which helps them understand and gain experience in industry management and technology.
- The institute's placement cell has good relations with various industries and companies.
- Many companies and industries visit the Institute for recruitment process and offer very good salary package for the students.
- Some of the top recruiters are Google, Microsoft, Deloitte, Linkedin, Samsung, TCS, Morgan Stanley, Infosys, Directi, Qualcomm, Oracle, Mu Sigma and more.
- The highest salary package offered for the student is Rs. 29 LPA and the average package is Rs. 10.44 LPA in 2017-2018 placements.
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication, [DAIICT] Gandhinagar Technology, Gandhinagar Scholarships:
- The DAIICT Gandhinagar provides scholarships and financial aid for the eligible students through institute and State Government Schemes.
- The Institute awards merit scholarships equivalent to full tuition fees.
- The DAIICT Scholarships are awarded for the students based on the admission ranks from Gujarat and All India Categories separately.
- In addition to this five other merit-cum-means scholarships are offered to the students with highest ranks subject to a means test.
- The college offers Reliance ADA Scholarships as part of its Corporate Social Responsibilities [CSR].
- The State government's 'Mukhya Mantri Yuva Swavalamban Yojna' scholarship is provided for students, which offers financial support to bright and needy students.