Chhatrapati Sahu Ji Maharaj University [CSJMU], Kanpur Facilities
Infrastructure on Campus at Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University
- The University boasts of a state of the art auditorium which plays host to all events and celebrations of the University. Painted with lively colours, the centrally air-conditioned auditorium is an engineering marvel and has a seating capacity of 1500 audience.
- The auditorium has wall to wall carpeting as well as world class furniture which is both good looking as well as ideal for long hours viewing. Besides a huge stage, the auditorium also has Dolby surround sound which makes the audience come alive. In addition, the auditorium also has lush green exteriors and a parking space which is big enough to accommodate hundreds of vehicles at a time.
- It would not be an exaggeration to say that till date, this auditorium is the best of its kind in Kanpur.
Bank and ATM Facilities
- The university campus has branches of two nationalised banks – The Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India.
- The bank helps students to carry out their banking activities and also provides some loans and extended financial services.
- The cafeteria provides as a place to relax and unwind after students have had a long day in college. The cafeteria remains open 6 days a week, open to students and staff as a place of social recreation.
- The central library of the University is equipped with thousands of books relevant to all streams. Students are given a lot of free space to sit and read, study, research and work on projects.
- The library also holds a large reference section with volumes of the best encyclopaedias.
- There is a digital library with some computers, equipped with high-speed internet and subscriptions of various popular international research journals.
- The computer centre in the University is extensively used for Engineering, BCA and other tech-related programmes.
- The computer centre is totally advanced, housing top-quality high-performance computers and fast internet.
- Students can avail the services of laser printers, scanner, CD writers, zip drives etc. provided at the computer centre.
- The University campus has its own helipad to accommodate up to 3 helicopters.
- Prestigious guests of the college are often flown in by helicopter for various events and on duty.
- A 10-bed health centre has been set up to look into all health issues faced by students, staff and faculty on the campus.
- There are doctors focussed on separate health factors like Orthopedics, Gynaecology, Opthalmology, ENT, Surgery, Psychology etc.
- Candidates can also avail medical facilities like ECG, Dental X-rays and other minor OT services.
- There is an ambulance available 24 hours a day, in case of any major medical emergencies.
- Students are also given nutritional counselling and diet according to their health condition.
- There are hostels on the campus for girls and boys, with mess facilities, 24-hour power supply, common hall, TV rooms, reading rooms, phone, recreational facilities, sports and round-the-clock security.
Lecture Hall Complex and Multipurpose Hall
- The lecture hall complex allows the smooth functioning of over 72 lectures a day, equipped with modern teaching technology.
- A multipurpose hall in the centre of the campus accommodates more than 1000 people at a time.
- It is used for various sporting events and practice like badminton and table tennis, cultural and literary events like dance, debates, plays etc. The intercollegiate fests are also held in the multipurpose hall.
- A shopping complex has been set up on campus to help students avail items for their daily needs.
- It has various stores for groceries, personal needs and clothing, among other things.
- There are also photocopy and stationery shops here for students to circulate their study material.
- The University stadium caters to people of all sports, like athletics, track and field, cricket, football, hockey, basketball, handball, volleyball, tennis, kabaddi, kho-kho etc.
- Accommodation has been provided for most of the regular staff on campus, centrally situated from all the departments.
- Ample parking space, a botanical garden, a temple, police station and a post office on campus.