About Calcutta Girls' College, [CGC] Kolkata
Calcutta Girls' College, Kolkata was established in 1963 by Smt. Ena Ghosh, Bijoy Singh Nahar. The College is located in the heart of the city and is adjacent to both S.N. Banerjee Road and Lenin Sarani and is commutable from every corner of the city and suburbs. The aim of the college is to imparting value based education to students. The main objective of the college is to providing scope of study to students, to providing need-based education and to Catering to the academic interest of students suffering from financial constraints. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of Art and Science.
- Providing need-based education.
- Catering to the academic interest of students suffering from financial constraints.
- Providing scope of study to students who failed to continue on a regular stream.
Calcutta Girls' College was founded by Smt. Ena Ghosh, Bijoy Singh Nahar, the then Labour Minister of West Bengal, Labanya Probha Dutta (Ex-MLA) and other noted figures, on August 16th, 1963. The founders aimed to facilitate the working girls who were then coming out for the first time to build a career. The College provided an opportunity for these working girls to acquire higher education. The Socio-economic condition then necessitated the hours to be in the evening for the aspirant working women and hence the college was unique in its purpose. Many students graduating from this College have excelled in their careers. However, in the recent past the composition of the students altered considerably and most of them were coming fresh out of school. As a result the evening classes in the late hours created difficulties for them. This necessitated the formulation of a new vision regarding the college hours.
All Students seeking admission to the college must note the following :-
- They must produce original Admit Card and Mark sheets of previous Examinations at the time of collecting Admission forms from the College Office.
- They must attach attested xerox copies of Admit Cards and Mark sheets of the previous qualifying examination along with 2 passport size recent photos with the Admission Form at the time of taking admission on payment of requisite fees.
- Migration cases may be considered for provisional admission.
- Cases pertaining to break of studies may be considered on production of Break of Study Certificates from responsible persons.
- A student who fails to secure the pass marks in any Elective Subject at the plus 2 level is not entitled to take up that subject at the Degree level.
- Students passing in H. S. or equivalent examination with Accountancy or B.O. or Business Economics and Mathematics or Economics or Statistics or Mathematics are eligible for admission in B Com course, both General and Honours.
- Candidates taking up Honours must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination in which that subject is included, or 55% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination, or 50% marks in aggregate when the candidate takes up Honours in the subject not included in her previous qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : (033) 2226 - 2540
Email : email@example.com