BKD College of Education for Women was started keeping in mind the women factor who were been derived of higher education after their +2 stage of schooling. The girls, of that time when the college was set up, were not able to attend any college due to various reasons which led them to sit at home or get married. So, after seeing the need of education, especially for the women sector of the area, the BKD College was established for giving them higher education in the field of the most respected job of teaching. The transform the lives of these girls, the students of the college are taught to become competent and highly proficient teachers to teach the further generations of the nation.
Why To Join BKD College Of Education For Women, Sirmour ?
- Wide infrastructure: The College provides an efficient infrastructure with all the possible facilities to its students. All the facilities like well stocked and maintained library, well equipped lab, playground, hostel, etc. are provided for facilitating the students to the optimum level.
- Proper education to fit the budget: The College imparts high standard of education to all its students. The fee structure of the college is also as such that would fit the pockets of every parent who wants to enroll their girl child in the college.
Facts & Figures :-
||Baba Shri Chand Memorial Trust, Paonta Sahib, Dist. Sirmour
||Himachal Pradesh Govt. and National Council of Teacher’s Education, Jaipur
||Himachal Pradesh University
||22 rooms with modern facilities and mess
||Celebration of important days and national festivals , competitions in arts and sports, study tours, cultural programs, seminars, many other events, etc.
In B.Ed course admission will be made on the basis of merit of marks obtained in the entrance examination conducted by Entrance test section, H.P. University, Shimla.
- The applicant should possess either a Bachelor's Degree (Medical, Non-Medical, Arts/Commerce) or Master's degree or any other qualification equivalent there to with at least 50% Marks (45% Marks in case of SC, ST, OBC and Ex-serviceman categories) from a recognized university established by law in India. The candidate with 49.99% or less marks from open/General category and 44.99% or less marks in case of reserve category(SC, ST, OBC, Ex-serviceman and Physical Handicapped) would not be eligible for admission (Para 3.2 of Appendix IV of NCTE Notification No.F-51F1/2007-NCTE(N & S) dated 27/11/2007).
- The marks obtained at P.G level will only be considered for eligibility in case marks in graduation are less than 50% or 45% in case of SC/ST/Ex-service men (self not wards). However, for considering merit to admission to B.Ed. course only the marks obtained at graduation level will be consider.
- The reservation of seats for SC/ ST/ OBC/ Ex-Serviceman and Physical Handicapped students will be as per existing rules of H.P. Govt.
- The admission will be made strictly on the basis of the merit of entrance test conducted by H.P. University Shimla. The minimum eligibility criteria will be the attainment of 35% marks in the entrance test. However in case of SC/ST, 30% marks in the entrance test would be the minimum qualifying criteria (Hon’ble High Court of H.P. CWP 4533 to 2013). The entrance test will consist of 150 items of on mark each on General Awareness of the candidate about India, Himachal Pradesh, freedom movement, Knowledge about various commission & committees on education, General Mental Ability and proficiency in the language of Hindi and English.
Documents to be Produced at the time of Admission:-
The following documents, in original, have to be shown at the time of admission to the college and one attested copy of each has to be submitted for office record.
- Matriculation Certificate.
- 10+2 Examination Certificate.
- A./B.Sc. Final Examination Certificate.
- Character Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Reserved Categories Certificate if any.
- Certificate of Bonafide Resident in H. P.
- Five copies of recently taken passport size photograph.
- Any other relevant document asked for at the time of admission.
- Migration Certificate
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone No. : 01704-223133 ; 09418227106