The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani is one of the best institutions in India offering technology and engineering programs as well as other professional courses.
It has the status of a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act.
BITSAT (BITS Admission Test) is a computer-based admission test conducted by BITS, Pilani for its integrated first-degree programs offered by all its three campuses – Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad campus.
Candidates will only be eligible for BITSAT admission process only if they have:
- The candidate is required to have completed the Class 12th Boards examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their subjects
- The candidate is also eligible if they are going to appear for their class 12th Boards Examination.
- For B. Pharm (Hons) program, students with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12 can also apply.
- The candidate must have Obtained minimum of 60% marks in each of the above-mentioned subjects separately.
- And the minimum aggregate marks must be at least 75% of marks.
- The candidate is required to have an Adequate proficiency in English.
- In case the candidates have appeared for the Class 12th Board exams for more than once, only the latest performance will be considered.
- Present students of any of the BITS campuses are not eligible to appear for BITSAT 2021
- All students who have obtained the first rank in their Class 12th Board examinations will be given direct admission to the programs of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT scores if they meet other eligibility criteria of BITSAT.
- Candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 1160 (out of a maximum of 1600) in SAT, and also a minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of a maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics Level 2.
- The candidate should have written the SAT and SAT subject tests.
- Scores of candidates who had written SAT as per old format will be mapped using concordance tables available from College Board (USA).
- The admission process will commence.
- The candidates are required to fill in the application form and register themselves.
- Once the online registration is done, the candidate must be prepared for the admission process which includes the Entrance exam conducted by the Institute.
- BITSAT exam date will be announced
- While filling up BITSAT application form, students will also have to choose up to three exam centers in the order of their preference as well as the time slot for the exam.
- Candidates who do not have any of the following marks/scores at the time of filling the application form can submit the application:
SAT score (yet to take SAT)
Qualifying examination results (appearing in the qualifying examination).
- They MUST submit the SAT score/qualifying examination result as early as possible, but NOT later than the dates given below:
- Qualifying examination (Grade 12) results.
- Qualifying examination (Grade 12) marks should be uploaded on the website if results are announced.
- If a candidate fails to furnish any of these by the specified date or fails to meet the eligibility criteria (i.e. secures less than specified minimum in Class 12 (only) and/or SAT test and thus becomes ineligible), his/her admission would stand canceled.
- See Refund Policy for fees refunds.
- Candidates for whom one or both of the above qualifying scores are not available at the time of making admission would be considered and may be offered \'provisional admission\' based on their SAT Subject test\'s score.
- The "provisional admission" would be confirmed after the missing score/s is/are received, found to meet the stipulated eligibility requirements, and all other stipulated admission requirements are complete.
- Candidates who do not have SAT Subject Test scores (or yet to take the SAT Subject Tests) should provide SAT Subject Test scores, to be included in the merit list.
- The candidate is required to appear for the Entrance test on the day and time slot allotted to him.
- The BITSAT Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted online.
- A candidate is required to sit in front of a computer and choose the correct answer to the question on the screen.
- Unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test, all candidates get a different question set as the computer selects random questions from a question bank in the server.
- The syllabus and the content material will be available online.
- The Entrance test usually covers NCERT syllabus of Class 11 and 12.
- There are many online coaching courses available online to prepare the candidate for the exam.
- The candidate is required to check the college website for any kind of updates on the application process and if there are any new notices and notifications.
- Offer letters will be sent to students with details of the reporting date, campus (Pilani, Goa or Hyderabad), scholarship and other requirements.
- Students will be given ten days to accept the offer and pay the first semester fees.
- Once the fee is paid, BITS would send admission letters and the student should then apply for VISA using the admission letter from BITS.
Following are the documents required at the time of admission process:
Appear for Grade 12 (qualifying) examination, Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) and SAT subject tests (in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics Level 2).
Request College Board to send SAT scores to BITS-Pilani (DI code: 7759 – BITS Pilani). The SAT Subject scores must be received, and the SAT scores must be received.
- Fill the application form online.
Upload the required documents such as Grade 12 marks sheets, photograph, copies of passport, etc.
- Submit the application and pay the application fee.
On receipt of the completed application and application fee, an acknowledgment will be sent to the candidate via email. During processing of the form, additional or missing information may be requested. Please quote the application number in all your correspondences related to admissions.
- The merit position of all eligible candidates will be prepared on the basis of their SAT subject test scores.
- Candidates may also be interviewed before offering admission.
For further details the candidate may contact:
Practice School Division
Room No. A-113
BITS-Pilani, K K Birla Goa Campus
Pin Code- 403726
State - Goa
Country - India
Contact number - +91-8322580388, +91-8322557033
Email - [email protected] , [email protected]