About Amara Institute of Engineering and Technology, [AIET] Guntur
AMARA INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY, SATULURU, NARASARAOPET, is the first educational institute established by SAI SUDHA EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY which is headed by Sri Amara Venkateswara Rao. Sri Amara Venkateswara Rao, Chairman of the Institute has an ambition to start an Engineering College for the students in and around Narasaraopet. The College is presently an ISO(9001:2000) certified institution. Every effort is made to implement the best practices in the field of technical education. Principal Dr. K. Ramesh, a Ph.D. holder from NIT Warangal has vast experience. Enhancement of the overall personality of the students is planned at AIET through a wide range of extra curricular activities. There are separate Hostels for Boys and Girls. Transport facility is arranged by the College for the advantage of the students from Narasaraopet, Guntur, Vinukonda, Sattenpalli and Chilakaluripet. Free Internet facility is arranged for the benefit of students and staff with 100 mbps leased line facility. Excellent canteen facility is provided for students and staff serving refreshments and meals. The Academic performance of the Institution is considerably good right from the first batch.
AIET strives to achieve global identity through its innovative methods and strenuous efforts for the betterment of the student community. It is equipped with sophisticated laboratories, modern multimedia, Advanced English Communication skills laboratory with latest software. It has a library having an area of 5,100 sq.feet with 8,743 volumes. It also subscribes to many Indian journals in various Engineering fields. It has a seating capacity of more than 200 students. It also houses Digital Library.
a) Innovative Academic Practices:
- Students are given LESSON PLANS in the beginning of the semester. Students can monitor the concerned lesson plans and come to the classes with preparation of concerned topics. HOD monitors the lesson plans periodically and takes corrective action on the concerned teacher for deviation, if any, in the lesson plan.
- Students are given Mini Projects right from the first year to apply their technical concepts effectively.
- After obtaining the University results, effective follow up action is taken for the subjects in which set target is not achieved.
- All the laboratories are fully equipped as per University syllabus. Extra equipment is procured in the laboratories to do extra experiments which are in accordance with the industrial needs.
- Assignment questions are given from reference books.
- Weak students are counselled after the internal exams.
- Students attendance, internal marks and assignment questions are made available in the Institute.
- Students are encouraged to use DIGITAL LIBRARY in the central library.
- Effective students – teacher relationship is maintained in the departments.
- Effective decentralization is maintained in the department.
- Department counseling cell is established to counsel the students on personal, academic problems, career growth and higher studies.
b) Innovative industry - related practices:
- To develop and strengthen effective Industry Institute Interaction; Industrial visits are arranged
- Guest lectures by Industrial experts
- Department Development Council (DDC) is planned to form in the department with senior faculty and experts from Industry to upgrade the curriculum and the laboratories in accordance with the latest trends in technology.
- Mou’s with industries are planned
c) Innovative Co - Curriccular and Extra Curricula Practices:
- Students are advised to speak in ENGLISH only.
- Students are encouraged according to their interest of creativity.
- All the extra and Co-curricular activities are conducted effectively through various department programs.
- Seminars, group discussions, quizzes are conducted through association hours.
- Lot of emphasis is given for the student development by conducting regular training classes through JKC, personality development, soft skills and communication skills classes.