Find updated details on Paramedical Courses in Kerala related to the admission process, documents required, the application process, and the important dates.
Admission to the Paramedical courses in Kerala is purely based on the candidate's performance in the qualifying exam. LBSCST (LBS Centre for Science and Technology), Govt. of Kerala conducts the admission for Kerala paramedical courses. There are no entrance exams for these courses. Candidates can follow this article regarding the paramedical courses in Kerala, eligibility criteria, the application process, and the seat allotment process.
Table of Contents
- Application Process
- Important Dates
- Documents Required
- Selection and Counselling Process
List of Paramedical Courses in Kerala
Course selection is considered one of the most important key factors of one's education. It helps students to focus their interests and learn more about the course they're interested in studying in college. The following is the list of paramedical courses available in Kerala for which the duration is 4 years in total.
- Bachelor of Science-Medical Laboratory Technology- [B.Sc. (M.L.T)]
- Bachelor of Science-Perfusion Technology- [B.Sc. Perfusion Technology]
- Bachelor of Science-Medical Radiological Technology-[B.Sc. MRT]
- Bachelor of Science- Optometry-[B.Sc. Optometry]
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy-[B.P.T]
- Bachelor in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology- [B.A.S.L.P]
- Bachelor of Cardiovascular Technology-[B.C.V.T]
- Bachelor of Dialysis Technology-[B.Sc.D.T]
Paramedical Courses in Kerala Eligibility Criteria
A couple of factors are deemed a minimum eligibility requirement by the Kerala government for admission to the Paramedical course. Below mentioned points cover the important information regarding the eligibility criteria for Paramedical Courses in Kerala 2021.
- Nativity Criteria
Candidates who are citizens of India can apply for Kerala Paramedical Admissions 2021. Applicants who are holders of Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cards or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), will also be considered citizens of India for the admission process.
- Age Criteria
As on 31 December 2021, Candidates have to be a minimum of 17 years of age. However, there is no upper age limit for candidates belonging to the service quota.
- Domicile Criteria
An applicant of Kerala origin will be considered as a ‘Keralite’ and will be considered for the state merit list. Applications outside of Kerala but follow other standards will be treated in the ‘Non-Keralite’ category but will not be considered for the state merit list.
- Academic Criteria
Candidates are required to be Higher Secondary Education qualified from Kerala Board or passed in an equivalent examination approved by Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur. 50% of aggregate marks are required by candidates studying different courses.
The table lists out the respective subjects for the courses offered and the minimum aggregate marks needed for eligibility.
|For B.Sc. M.L.T. and B.Sc. Optometry||English, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics||50%|
|For B.C.V.T., B.Sc. Perfusion Technology and B.P.T||Physics, Biology, and Chemistry||50%|
|For B.A.S.L.P.||Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics/ Biology/ Statistics/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ psychology||50%|
Colleges offering Paramedical Courses in Kerala
Once the course is chosen as per candidate interest, the second most important factor is to choose the right college. Some of the top colleges for Paramedical courses in Kerala are mentioned below. Click on the colleges for more information.
- Govt. Medical College Kottayam
- St.Teresa's College
- Dr Somerwell Memorial CSI Medical College
- MOSC Medical College
- AWH Special College
- Karuna Medical College
- Assumption College
- Mar Thoma College
- ISBMA Kochi
- SGMCARF Thiruvananthapuram
Application Process for Paramedical Courses in Kerala 2021
Following are the steps are broken down to be followed in order to submit a successful application for the Paramedical Courses in Kerala:
- Interested students can register themselves online through the website www.lbscentre.kerala.gov.in. After the registration, the students are required to fill in the application form with correct information in order to proceed.
- Once the registration is complete, the payment option will be provided. The payment can be made online on the website or offline through bank challan. Once the payment is made, the applications will receive their Application Number and Registration ID. The Registration ID will be required to log in to the website in the future. The payment amount is divided according to the category of candidates.
- Lastly, the applicants will be required to upload documents required on the website. The final step would be to check and review the application before proceeding to accept the declaration and submitting the application.
Paramedical Courses in Kerala Important Dates
Once the candidates are selected for the Kerala paramedical courses, admission will be given to them to both private/ government paramedical colleges of Kerala state. The following important dates list out the admission activities carried out for the Kerala paramedical courses for the year 2021.
|Online application starts||July 2021|
|Closure of online application||August 2021|
|Last date for the application fee payment||August 2021|
|Releasing of rank list||October 2021|
Paramedical Courses in Kerala Selection and Counselling Process
Candidates must know the selection and counselling process for admission in Paramedical courses in Kerala. Administrators will issue the Merit list which will be published on the official website LBS Centre, Kerala. The admissions are offered to the candidates based on the Merit List. Candidates need to open the authorized website of the university to go through the merit list. Candidates are required to download the merit list from the official website of the university. Kerala Paramedical admission 2021 rank/ merit list will be published as three different lists according to different courses. Find the table given below for more details.
|Rank List No.||Seat Allotment (According to Courses)|
||||M.Sc. M.L.T and B.Sc. Optometry|
|||||B.Sc. Perfusion Technology, B.Sc. Medical Radiological Technology, B.C.V.T, B.Sc. Dialysis Technology and B.P.T.|
Conducted by the Director of LBS Centre for Science and Technology Kerala, the below-mentioned steps will be followed during the counselling process. The documents required are mentioned in the ‘Documents Required’ section of this article.
- The centralized seat allotment process for Kerala Paramedical Admission 2021 will be completed through an SWS (Single Window System).
- To participate in the process, the candidates will have to register themselves with the LBSCST website and enter their course choice. The seat allotment will be based on the rank lists, the option exercised by the candidates, and the availability of seats.
- After examining the application forms of the candidates, the first allotment will be published on the LBSCST website, based on the options registered by candidates.
- After the first allotment list, there will be a second allotment list released on the date notified by the conducting authority yet to be declared.
- In the case of vacant seats after the above-mentioned steps have been carried out, there will be a Spot Allotment. The registration and seat allotment norms for the Spot Allotment process will be the same as above.
- After candidates have been allocated a seat, they will have to report to the assigned college, further the enrollment process, and confirm admission.
Paramedical Courses in Kerala Cutoff 2021
The LBS, Kerala discharges the cut off for each round on the official website. Paramedical courses in Kerala cut off will be delivered as positions or marks. Up-and-comers can verify the college and category cut on the official site. Based on the cutoff, specialists set up the merit records. In view of the paramedical cut-off 2021, competitors will get a confirmation in the respective college. The cut off fluctuates from each course and the category. For the general class, the cut off percentile is 50% and for SC/ST category it is 40%. Mentioned below are the paramedical courses Kerala cut off 2021 for three papers.
|Category||Paper 1 (Minimum Marks)||Paper 2 (Minimum Marks)||Paper 3 (Minimum Marks)|
Documents Required for Paramedical Courses in Kerala 2021
Find below the documents required for Paramedical Courses in Kerala to fill the application process online. Please note that false documents will be immediately rejected and will not be considered a relevant application.
- Date of Birth Certificate (relevant page of the Secondary School Leaving Certificate or equivalent) must be submitted.
- Documents related to Domicile or equivalent to prove nativity should be submitted by applications falling under the ‘Keralite’ category.
- Qualifying examination mark lists will also be submitted online.
- A scanned copy of the category Certificate should also be submitted (for candidates claiming reservation under that category)
- Income Certificates in certain cases and if applicable will be asked as well.
- In SC/ ST candidates’ cases, a Community Certificate obtained from a Tahsildar (Tax Officer) should be submitted.
- Inter-Caste Marriage Certificate (if applicable), will also be submitted.
- Medical Certificates obtained from the District Medical Board in the case of PwD will also be submitted.