SBI PO Preparation Tips according to the exam pattern. The SBI PO Exam consists of the following tests such as Numerical Ability, English Language, Logical Reasoning, Objective Test, Descriptive Test, and Personal Interview
PO stands for the probationary officer. It comes under the area of management, where it is provided in various public sector banks across the country. Preparation tips for the SBI PO examination are for the candidates who are committed and dedicated to cracking the examination with the desired rank or score.
Students face many difficulties while preparing for the SBI PO exam. They don't know where they should start from. So, don't take tension; we will provide you with the information on the SBI PO preparation tips to prepare for the exams.
Read More: SBI PO
SBI PO Preparation Tips General and Section-wise
Before going to the preparation tips, let us discuss the SBI PO Exam Pattern and, based on the sections, preparation tips are mentioned under each section.
SBI PO Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the SBI PO examination consists of three phases, and each phrase has its own sectional cutoff.
Below are the detailed SBI PO preparation tips.
- General Preparation Tips for SBI PO Examination
- SBI PO Phase 1
- SBI PO Phase 2
- SBI PO Phase 3
General Preparation Tips for SBI PO examination
Solving more than one mock paper or previous exam question paper every day by setting time aside because you will be able to improve time management and stay confident while you are writing the exam.
General preparation tips for the SBI PO examination are as follows.
- Do not have overconfidence in any of the sections, even if it is English or grammar.
- Before appearing in the exam, most of the students think that the grammar part will be easy, and actually, that is where most of the students lose their marks.
- Give equal importance to all the sections: numerical ability or quantitative aptitude, English language, and reasoning ability.
As mentioned above, there will be preparation tips mentioned section-wise.
SBI PO Phase 1
In phase 1, there are basically three sections.
- Numerical ability or quantitative aptitude
- English Language
- Logical Reasoning or Reasoning Ability
Preparation Tips for Numerical Ability or Quantitative Aptitude
As it is math, learn as many formulae as you can because this section deals with the problems based on data interpretation, average percentage, profit and loss, etc.
Here are the preparation tips for numerical ability or quantitative aptitude.
- Learn shortcut methods to solve this section as per the allotted time, and you need not use the additional time to solve the problems.
- Spend most of the time-solving problems using all the methods, including shortcut methods, then learning formulae because solving helps you remember for a longer time than learning formulae.
- Solve a minimum of two SBI PO mock papers regularly and verify the answers. With this method, you will be able to come across various problems; thus, confidence increases much more.
- Steady with the mathematics tables (1 to 20) helps anyone increase the speed while calculating multiplications.
Preparation Tips for the English language
The first and foremost tip is to consider this section just like other sections. This is the section where most students show the least concern, and later it costs high.
Here are the preparation tips for the English language.
- Spare yourself some time to focus only on the parts of grammar and vocabulary.
- Read as many books to excel in vocabulary because most of the questions like one-word substitution, spelling, finding errors, synonyms, and so on require a lot of vocabulary and grammar to answer the questions.
- Become a fast reader for comprehension because most of the time in this section goes for comprehension. So, solve the minimum of two comprehensive passages regularly to increase the solving rate.
Preparation Tips for Logical Reasoning or Reasoning Ability
To become a mastermind in this section, any person has to have a habit of solving puzzles, riddles, etc.
Here are the preparation tips for logical reasoning or reasoning ability.
- Even if they are not habituated, building this habit makes any candidate become proficient in this section.
- Solve more and more problems based on reasoning to be crystal clear on what kind of questions you can expect in the exam.
- Coding and decoding, blood relations, seating arrangement, etc., for these types of questions to solve, a lot of practice is required to analyze any question in the exam easily. Don't stress yourself and allow time only to solve these types of questions on the paper rather than just reading.
- Solve a minimum of two mock papers or previous year question papers to solve in a faster and easier way.
The students who scored well in Phase 1 and got shortlisted moved into phase 2.
SBI PO Phase 2
In phase 2, there are basically two tiers.
Preparation Tips for Objective Test
General knowledge, reasoning, and computer aptitude are the two new sections in this phase other than English and data analysis and interpretation.
Here are the preparation tips for the Objective test of SBI PO Phase 2.
- To score well in the general knowledge section, knowledge of current affairs is very well required. To gain knowledge in current affairs, read newspapers of the last 6-12 months.
- Remembering the dates of some imperative events and also understanding the event.
- The reasoning and Computer Aptitude section carries 60 marks. Computer knowledge can be improved by reading computer books.
- Stay strong with the basics of computers which turns out to be easier to score in this section.
- Schedule time at least two hours regularly to prepare for the computer aptitude.
- Solve a minimum of two mock papers to come across various kinds of questions.
Preparation Tips for Descriptive Test
The objective test consists of two sections which are letter writing and essay writing. Therefore, writing skills are most important to fetch in this tier.
Here are the preparation tips for the descriptive test of SBI PO Phase 2.
- To improve writing skills, you need to be aware of grammar. Read as much as you can so that your writing skills will improve.
- Maintain an English dictionary for proper vocabulary while writing.
- Provide time to concentrate on grammar, as that is the epitome to increase the credentials in this section.
- Organize a paragraph in English on your own and make someone read what you have written.
The descriptive test starts right after the completion of the Objective test. Students who got shortlisted in phase 2 will be moving to phase 3
SBI PO Phase 3
In phase 3, it is all about how well you perform in the personal interview and group exercise.
Preparation Tips for Personal Interview and Group Exercise
Strong confidence is the only thing you need to hold whenever you appear for group exercise and the personal interview.
Here are the preparation tips for the personal interview and group exercise
- Build confidence by talking to yourself in front of the mirror, or if there is no mirror, talk to yourself for at least four minutes on any topic.
- Building confidence leads to avoidance of giving jerks and stammers in the personal interview as well as a group exercise.
- Be well aware of current affairs. Watch group discussion and debate shows to gain more knowledge; it will also help you insight into different perspectives about the topic.
Read More: SBI PO Exam Pattern
NOTE: Whatever you prepare every day make sure you revise the whole things you prepared on the same day or by the end of the day.
POST YOUR COMMENT