ISRO scientist salary 2023 is between the range of Rs. 15,600 to Rs. 39,100 per month to Rs. 75,500 to Rs. 80,000 per month. The ISRO salary deductions for basic salary is Rs. 12,000 and it increases based on the salary range and designation of the scientists.
An ISRO Scientist salary 2023 is in between the range of INR 15,600 to 39,100 per month to INR 75,500 to 80,000 per month. The basic ISRO salary offered is INR 15,600 per month. The salary of ISRO scientists majorly depends on the grade of the position, experience, and other key factors.
The aspirants can check the perks and allowances, the growth and promotion cycle for the ISRO scientists from various designations to understand the paygrades in which ISRO salary functions.
Table of Contents
- ISRO Scientists Salary Structure
- ISRO Scientists Salary After 7th Pay Commission
- ISRO Scientists Salary: Perks and Allowance
- ISRO Scientist Salary: Growth and Promotion
ISRO Scientist Salary Structure
The ISRO Scientists pay band/ scale varies from grade C to grade B to grade A. However, the grade pay may vary for different positions. Other than the basic salary of ISRO scientists, they have benefited from various other perks from the central government of India. The monthly pay band of different ISRO scientist positions is tabulated below:
|ISRO Scientist Post||Salary (INR)|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SD||15,600 - 39,100|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SE||15,600 - 39,100|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SF||37,400 - 67,000|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SG||37,400 - 67,000|
|Scientist/ Engineer- H||37,400 - 67,000|
|Outstanding Scientist||67,000 - 79,000|
|Distinguished Scientist||75,500 - 80,000|
The ISRO Scientist salary structure and split up for a SC is given in the table below for clarity.
|Components||Gross Salary (in INR)|
|Basic Pay (BP)||56,100 per month|
|Dearness Allowance (DA)||6,732 per month|
|House Rent Allowances (HRA)||13,464 per month|
|Transport Allowances (TA)||7,200 per month|
|DA over TA||364 per month|
|Gross ISRO Scientist Salary Per Month||84,360 (approximately)|
The ISRO scientist salary dedcutions from the basic salary is given in the table below for clarity.
|Components||Deductions (in INR)|
|Income Tax||3,000 to 6,000 per month|
|National Pension System (NPS): 10% of Basic Pay||5,610 per month|
|Canteen Facility||300 per month|
|Medical Facility||200 per month|
|Insurance||300 per month|
|Education||400 per month|
|Total ISRO Salary Deductions||12,000 per month (approximately)|
Note: Therefore, the aspirants recruited as SCs in the ISRO can expect an in-hand salary of approximately INR 72,360.
Also Check: ISRO Entrance Exams after 12th
ISRO Scientist Salary After 7th Pay Commission
The 7th Pay commission has revised the salary of ISRO scientists and their allowances. The monthly basic pay of ISRO scientists has been increased to INR 15,600 with a grade pay of INR 6,600. Besides, the highest monthly salary for an ISRO scientist is increased to INR 80,000 with a subsequent increase in their grade pay.
The salary of all the ISRO employees after the 7th pay commission is given below:
|Posts||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SD||15,600 - 39,100||6,600|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SE||15,600 - 39,100||7,600|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SF||37,400 - 67,000||8,700|
|Scientist/ Engineer- SG (Medical Officer-SG)||37,400 - 67,000||8,900|
|Scientist/ Engineer- H||37,400 - 67,000||10,000|
|Outstanding Scientist (Additional Secretary, DOS)||67,000 - 79,000||-|
|Distinguished Scientist||75,500 - 80,000||-|
|Secretary, DOS, Member (Finance)||80,000||-|
The ISRO employee's designation details
- Scientist/ Engineer- SD (Medical Officer-SD, Technical /Library Officer- D, Junior Engineer, Sr. Officers in Administrative area, Sr. Hindi Officer Sr. Catering Manager Principal Private Secretary Station Officer-II /Fire Officer-II, Nursing Supdt)
- Scientist/ Engineer- SE (Medical Officer-SE, Assistant Engineer Technical Officer-E Library Officer-E Dy. Secretary, DOS, Head, P&GA, Joint Director (OL), Head, Catering Sr.Principal Private Secretary)
- Scientist/ Engineer- SF (Medical Officer-SF, Director-DOS, Controller, Registrar, Sr. Head, P&GA)
- Scientist/ Engineer- H (Scientist/Engineer-G, Medical Officer G, Chief Medical Officer, Joint Secretary, DOS)
Also Check: Central Government Exams 2023
ISRO Scientist Salary: Perks and Allowance
ISRO scientist salary includes many facilities and allowances; some of the allowances are offered on a monthly basis, whereas other benefits are awarded yearly. Besides, ISRO scientists can also access some of the benefits even after their service period. The allowances granted to ISRO scientists are,
- Dearness Allowance
- Travel Allowance
- Provident Fund
- Performance Related incentive scheme
- House Rent Allowance
- Medical facilities for employees, as well as dependents
Note: After the 7th pay commission, the new changes have been introduced to the allowances of an ISRO Scientist.
Below are the revised changes introduced after the 7th pay commission.
- Employees are provided with DA, Dearness allowance of 113% every month.
- HRA allowance depends on city class. The HRA, House Rent Allowance, varies from 10% - 30% of the basic pay.
- The TA, Transport Allowance varies from INR 400 to INR 3,200.
- Dearness allowance (DA) for transport allowance is also admissible.
ISRO Scientist Salary: Growth and Promotion
ISRO Scientist have a great prospects of professional growth as they are promoted based on their performance, experience, and tenure. ISRO Scientists promotion and growth aspects include:
- ISRO promotions are granted if the employees maintain exceptional performance levels on a regular basis.
- The first promotion for the ISRO Scientist Engineer position is given every two years, resulting in promotions to the other Scientist positions at different levels.
- The employees' contributions will be monitored and evaluated by the ISRO evaluation committee, and promotions will be offered based on their performance.
- If the evaluation committee is unsatisfied with an employee's performance, the next promotion or evaluation will be delayed by four years.