Confused between DMLT vs BMLT? Get insights about the course, details, eligibility, scope, salary, and top colleges.
In any healthcare facility, lab technicians play an essential role. It is often difficult for aspirants to decide between DMLT vs BMLT when selecting a lab technician program. The DMLT is a two-year diploma program that focuses on diagnosing and treating diseases with clinical laboratory tests. At the same time, BMLT is a three-year undergraduate course dedicated to providing advanced knowledge and skills in laboratory diagnostic procedures.
This article will explain the differences between DMLT and BMLT, their benefits and drawbacks, the scope, salary, and other aspects of the courses.
Table of Contents:
- Key Highlights
- Eligibility Criteria
- Admission Procedure
- Career Scope
- Top Colleges
- Which is Better?
DMLT vs BMLT - Key Highlights
The key highlights of DMLT vs BMLT are mentioned below:
|Full-form||Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology||Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology|
|Duration||2 Years||3 Years|
|Eligibilty||50% in 10+2 Science|
|Higher Education Scope||BMLT||MLMT|
|Career Prospect||Lab Assistant, Health Care Assistant, Lab Technology Analyst, Health and Safety Assistant, Educational Consultant, etc.||R&D Contractual Lab Assistant, Junior Technical Executive, Lab Medicine Technician, X-Ray Technician, System Analyst, etc.|
DMLT vs BMLT - Overview
The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology Management (DMLT) is a diploma program that lasts two years and consists of four semesters of study. The course provides an overview of the characteristics of technology integrated into the healthcare system to increase the system's quality.
Read More: DMLT
The Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technologies (BMLT) is a new three-year study that has emerged in response to medical developments and the growing number of labs and lab technology worldwide. As medical knowledge expands, doctors require the assistance of medical laboratories to treat fast-expanding illnesses. Graduating students from the BMLT program have the opportunity to fill such a need.
Read More: BMLT
DMLT vs BMLT - Eligibility Criteria
The following sections go over the eligibility requirements for DMLT vs BMLT: both of these courses have comparable eligibility requirements. There are a few minor variances to be found.
DMLT Eligibility Criteria
Students must ensure that they meet all of the eligibility requirements for admission to the DMLT program, which are:
- A minimum of 50% in 10+2 to be eligible for the DMLT course.
- Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as subjects of study in 10+2.
BMLT Eligibility Criteria
This course's eligibility criteria is almost similar to that of DMLT. BMLT's eligibility criteria are as follows:
- A minimum of 50% in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The entrance exams for the BMLT course include MET, NEET, KEAM and AP EAMCET.
DMLT vs BMLT - Admission Procdure
Although both courses are related to medical lab technologies, there is a distinction between these courses' admission procedures. This difference between the DMLT vs BMLT admission process is further explained below:
DMLT Admission Procedure
The admission process of DMLT is:
- The institutes release a cut-off list according to their research.
- Then the candidates for the course are admitted depending on the university/cut-off/college's percentage.
BMLT Admission Procedure
The admission process of BMLT is:
- Students are admitted to colleges based on their intermediate grade point average.
- While there are no specific entrance tests for BMLT course enrollment, universities often compile a merit list of applicants and select students who have achieved higher intermediate grades.
DMLT vs BMLT - Benefits
Medical Laboratory Technology is a branch of medical science that diagnoses the human body to prevent and cure deadly diseases. On the other hand, Bachelors's in Medical Laboratory Technology is one of the health science courses that help students align themselves with the work ethics in the healthcare industry. The following are a few of the benefits of DMLT vs BMLT:
Why Choose DMLT?
The merits of pursuing DMLT are:
- DMLT provides an overview of the characteristics of the technology that is part of the healthcare system to improve its quality.
- Students learn how to use medical devices to perform medical tests and treat ailments.
- Candidates will also gain the knowledge and skills needed to operate advanced lab equipment and perform accurate medical laboratory tests as part of this program.
- The impact of technological advancements has resulted in a more extensive range of work opportunities for those interested in pursuing the degree. Candidates interested in studying the course will have plenty of work prospects once they complete it.
Why Choose BMLT?
The merits of pursuing BMLT are:
- Following their bachelor's degree in Master of Medical Laboratory Technology (MMLT), the professional might pursue higher education to enhance their expertise in fields connected to the degree.
- The BMLT course emphasizes the relevance of laboratories in today's society and how they contribute to a healthy world by making daily life-changing discoveries.
- Job designations at laboratory and technician levels are available to the graduates.
DMLT vs BMLT - Syllabus
Medical laboratory techniques are developed in BMLT courses to assist the growth of hospitals and other medical sectors. Both courses have different syllabuses, which may change depending on the institution. The DMLT course's syllabus includes a wide range of practical and theoretical areas on which the course might be focused. The following is a list of DMLT vs BMLT syllabus and subjects:
The syllabus of DMLT is:
- Human Anatomy
- Basic Human Science
- Basics of Clinical Biochemistry
- Human Physiology
- Basic Pathology
Read More: DMLT Sylland and Subjects
The syllabus of BMLT is:
- Human Physiology
- Human Anatomy
- Health Education and Communication
- Bio-Medical Waste Management
Read More: BMLT Syllabus and Subjects
DMLT vs BMLT - Career Scope
According to the DMLT course description, the curriculum focuses on providing a complete understanding of illness diagnosis, treatment, and prevention through clinical laboratory equipment. In comparison, the BMLT course emphasizes the importance of laboratories in today's world and how they contribute to a healthy world by making life-changing discoveries. DMLT vs BMLT courses have promising employment prospects, which are addressed further down:
Career Options after DMLT
The following are some of the career options available to graduates of the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology:
- Diagnosis Centers
- Medical Support
- Paramedical Institutes
- Paramedical Colleges
- Municipal Council
- Research and Development Companies
Graduates of the DMLT program can pick from a variety of employment prospects. The following are some of the job occupations that are accessible to DMLT graduates:
- Lab Assistant
- Health Care Assistant
- Lab Technology Analyst
- Health and Safety Assistant
- Educational Consultant
- Technical Lab Analyst
- Technical Lab Assistant
Read More: DMLT Career Scope
Career Options after BMLT
A BMLT graduate has many options waiting for them; all they have to do is seize them. Graduates of the BMLT program can work in a variety of research fields, including:
After completing the BMLT course, there are several work prospects. Some of the job positions are listed below:
- Lab Technician
- R&D Contractual Lab Assistant
- Junior Technical Executive
- Lab Medicine Technician
- X-Ray Technician
- System Analyst
Read More: BMLT Career Scope
DMLT vs BMLT - Salary
Both DMLT and BMLT pay scales vary depending on experience and skill set. The salary for some of the standard designations of DMLT vs BMLT are mentioned below:
The average salary after pursuing DMLT is:
|Pathology Technician||INR 3 LPA|
|Lab Technician||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Medical Technician||INR 3 LPA|
Read More: DMLT Salary
The average salary after pursuing BMLT is:
|Technical Analyst||INR 1.9 LPA|
|Quality Control||INR 3 LPA|
|Microbiology Technician||INR 3 LPA|
Read More: BMLT Salary
DMLT vs BMLT - Top Colleges
A student can choose from various universities that offer one or the other course. The following are the colleges that are relevant to the question of DMLT vs BMLT:
Top Colleges for DMLT in India
The top colleges to pursue DMLT are:
- Jaipur National University
- Madhav University
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute
- KVG Medical College Sulia
- Sharda University
- Sanskriti University
- PDM University
- Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Ajmer
Top Colleges for BMLT in India
The top colleges to pursue BMLT are:
- Manipal University
- Mewar University
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences
- Assam Down Town University
- Madhav University
- Sharda University
- Amity University Noida
- Galgotias University
- Noida International College
DMLT vs BMLT: Which is Better?
Suppose you're a student interested in pursuing a career in medical sciences and want to learn more about medical equipment, its applications, and medical testing. In that case, DMLT is the perfect option for you. It will assist you in discovering, investigating, and diagnosing the numerous factors associated with the disease's prevention and cure.
The BMLT course, on the other hand, is designed for students who wish to learn more about health science and the work ethics of the healthcare industry.
Ultimately, your skillset and the ability to work in a specific profession are the most important factors to choose between either course.