Ever Dreamt of joining the noble profession of Arms, protecting the country from threats. The UPSC CAPF Exam gives you the chance to lead the life of an Officer. All information and updates on CAPF 2021 are given below.
- May 12, 2021: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has opened the window for withdrawal of the application form for CAPF 2021. Applicants who do not wish to appear in the exam can cancel their candidature on or before May 18, 2021.
- April 15, 2021: The application forms for UPSC CAPF 2021 are released. Candidates who are interested to take part in the exam can apply now. For more information, visit UPSC CAPF Application Form.
- March 30, 2021: The notification and application forms for UPSC CAPF AC 2021 will be releasing on April 15, 2021. The last date to fill the application form is May 05, 2021. The exam will be held on August 08, 2021.
- February 12, 2021: UPSC has released a detailed application form for CAPF 2020 which can be filled by February 25, 2021, before 6 pm.
- What is the CAPF Exam?
- CAPF 2021 Exam Date
- CAPF 2021 Vacancy
- CAPF 2021 Recruitment Process
- CAPF 2021 Eligibility
- CAPF 2021 Syllabus
- CAPF 2021 Application Process
- CAPF 2021 Application Form
- CAPF 2021 Exam Pattern
- CAPF 2021 Admit Card
- CAPF 2021 Exam Centres
- CAPF 2021 Result
- CAPF 2021 Cut off
- CAPF 2021 Coaching Centres
- CAPF 2021 Reference Books
What is the CAPF Exam?
About CAPF Exam: Full-Form of CAPF is Central Armed Police Forces Examination. The exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment of Assistant Commandant in the Central Armed Police Forces. The post belongs to Group A (Class I Gazetted). It is a national level exam conducted by UPSC. Like all UPSC Exams, this exam is also considered tough by candidates. Every year lakhs of aspirants from all over the country apply for a few hundred seats under this exam.
Selection Process: The paper consists of 4 phases namely Written Exam, Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests, Medical Standards Tests and Interview/Personality Test. Finally, a merit list is prepared, and the candidates whose name is there in the merit list are called for training at respective service training centres.
Various Security Forces: The exam is conducted for enrollment of candidates into the seven security forces mentioned below:
- Border Security Force (BSF): Security forces that protect the land borders of the nation and prevents any kind of transitional crimes.
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police force (ITBP): As the name suggests these are the security forces that are deployed to protect the Indo-Tibetian border.
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF): These are India's largest central armed police force. Ministry of Home Affairs of the Central Government of India is the authoritative body which overlooks the functionality of CRPF.
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB): This force is deployed to protect the border and to prevent trans-border crimes like un-authorized entry.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF): They are security forces which are multi-skilled. They are deployed to protect airports, seaports, nuclear installations, highly sensitive government buildings and various space establishments.
- National Security Guard (NSF): These forces are well trained and well equipped to deal with all manifestations of anti-terrorist activities
- Assam Rifles (AR): These forces are one of the oldest paramilitary forces of the nation. They are deployed to guard the regions of Assam and check for Unruly Tribes.
CAPF Exam Highlights
The summary details regarding the UPSC CAPF exam is given below:
|Exam Name||Central Armed Police Forces Recruitment Exam|
|Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Mode||Online i.e. Computer-based Test (CBT)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Eligibility||Candidate must have completed 12th or Equivalent or be a diploma holder from any recognized institution|
|Marking Pattern(Paper-1)||125 questions, 250 marks (2 marks each)|
|Marking Pattern(Paper-2)||8 questions, 200 marks (includes essay writing and comprehension)|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking|
|Age Limit||20-25 years|
CAPF 2021 Exam Date
The notification for the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam has been released. Candidates could fill the UPSC CAPF application form from Apr 15, 2021 to May 5, 2021. The written exam is expected to be conducted on Aug 8, 2021. The UPSC CAPF 2021 exam dates are as follows:
|UPSC CAPF Events||Exam Dates|
|UPSC CAPF registration start date||Apr 15, 2021|
|Last date to register for UPSC CAPF 2021||May 5, 2021|
|Withdrawal of Online application form||May 12, 2021 to May 18, 2021|
|Availability of admit card for UPSC CAPF 2021 written exam||To be announced|
|UPSC CAPF 2021 exam date||Aug 8, 2021|
|Results of UPSC CAPF written exam||To be announced|
|UPSC CAPF physical standard/ physical efficiency test and medical standard test||To be announced|
|UPSC CAPF physical test result||To be announced|
|UPSC interview/ personality test||To be announced|
|UPSC CAPF results||To be announced|
CAPF 2021 Vacancy
A total of 206 vacancies are to be filled under the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam as per the notification released by the UPSC. The vacancies vary according to the service, with BSF having the highest and CRPF having the lowest. Reservations will be given as per government policy and 10% of the seats will be available for the Ex-servicemen. However, if the seats reserved for Ex-servicemen are not fulfilled, the vacant seats will be awarded to candidates from the Non-Servicemen category.
The vacancies for all the 5 posts in UPSC CAPF 2021 are as follows:
|Border Security Force(BSF)||78|
|Central Reserve Police Force(CRPF)||13|
|Central Industrial Security Force(CISF)||69|
|Indo-Tibetan Border Police(ITBP)||27|
|Sahastra Seema Bal(SSB)||22|
CAPF 2021 Recruitment Process
The registration for the UPSC CAPF exam marks the beginning of the recruitment process. In the application form, the candidate has to specify the service he/she wants to opt for. The candidate then proceeds for the written exam in which two papers are there. The candidates need to clear the cutoff decided by the commission to qualify for the next stage.
The second stage of the exam includes the Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Test. In this stage, the candidate is first checked against the physical standard decided by the services. If the candidate satisfies the physical standard criteria he/she moves for the Physical Efficiency test where the following tests will be there:
|100 Meters race||In 16 seconds||In 18 Seconds|
|800 Meters race||In 3 minutes 45 seconds||In 4 minutes 45 seconds|
|Long Jump||3.5 Meters(3 chances)||3 Meters(3 chances)|
|Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.)||4.5 Meters||-|
The candidates qualifying the Physical Efficiency Test will be undergoing the medical test conducted by the authorities.
The candidates who can clear the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) and medical tests, will proceed for the Interview/Personality test. The personal interview carries 150 marks. Finally, a merit list will be prepared based on marks obtained in all the stages. The candidates whose roll number is there on the merit list shall make their way towards the respective training academies of the service that they have opted for.
Note: Pregnancy at the time of the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will be a disqualification in the CAPF recruitment process and hence, the candidature of pregnant female candidates will be rejected.
CAPF 2021 Eligibility Criteria
There are some eligibility criteria that are set by the exam officials to ensure whether the candidates are meeting all the requirements or not. The eligibility criteria include nationality, age limit, age relaxation, as well as educational qualification. Some of them are discussed below:
- A candidate must either be a citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan and East African Countries of Malawi, Zaire, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Kenya, Zambia, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement.
Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam.
The candidate must hold a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.
The candidates should be within a range of 20-25 years of age. The applicant must not be born between the period of August 02, 1994 to August 01, 1999. However, some relaxation is given to the following candidates-
|Candidates who lived in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
CAPF 2021 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for the UPSC CAPF exam should have a clear idea of the syllabus. Two papers are conducted in this exam. The whole syllabus can be roughly divided into mainly three categories which are General Awareness, Aptitude and Reasoning, and English. The UPSC CAPF 2021 Syllabus for Paper I and Paper II is as follows:
UPSC CAPF Paper-1 Syllabus
Although no official division into the section is there in the paper, the paper I of the UPSC CAPF Written exam can be roughly classified into mainly two sections namely General Studies and General Mental Ability. The topics under each exam are as follows:
General Studies: Indian and World Geography, World Geography, History of India, Indian Policy, Indian Economy, General Mental ability, General Science, Current Affairs.
General Mental Ability: Analogies, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Relationship Concepts, Coding and Decoding, Arithmetical Reasoning, Ranking, Syllogisms, Figural Classification, Arithmetic Number Series, Visual Memory, Decision Making, Analysis, Statement Conclusion.
UPSC CAPF Paper-2 Syllabus
The syllabus for Paper II also can be roughly classified into two sections namely General Studies and English. The topics in each section are mentioned below:
General Studies: Science and Technology, Indian Constitution, General Policy, Environment, Heritage and Culture, Indian History, Indian National Movement, Indian Geography, Current Affairs - National and International, Celebrities and Eminent Personalities, Indian National Movement.
English Language, Comprehension, and Essay: Grammar, Vocabulary, Essay Writing, Comprehension, Counter Argument, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Communications, etc
Note: The Essay writing in Paper-II can be done either in English or Hindi Language but for Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills, the answer should only be given in the English Language.
CAPF 2021 Application Process
Candidates aspiring to be a part of CAPF must complete the application form before the last date. The application process for CAPF 2021 will commence on Apr 15, 2021 and the last date to submit the form is May 5, 2021. The candidates must follow the steps given below to apply for the exam.
- Step 1: To apply for UPSC CAPF, the candidate should visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
- Step 2: On the home page of the site, click on the 'Apply Online' tab.
- Step 3: Click on the link "Online Application for the various exam of UPSC".
- Step 4: Click on the link "New Registration" on the new page.
- Step 5: Fill all the basic details on the registration form. Those who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.
- Step 6: The application form is in two parts - Part I is to fill all the details, Part II is the payment of the fee.
- Step 7: Once the application form is filled and payment is done, the application process for the CAPF exam is complete.
- Step 8: Declaration -
- Candidates should read all the terms carefully. After agreeing with all the terms,
- Click on the Tick mark "I AGREE " to complete the application process.
- Candidates should note that no changes can be done after the application is submitted.
UPSC CAPF 2021 Application Form
Availability: The UPSC CAPF 2021 Application form is available online on the official website of UPSC from Apr 15, 2021 to May 5, 2021. The application form has two parts. Part I includes the candidate's personal and academic details and part two includes the payment procedure.
Mode of Payment: The payment can be made through both online and offline mode. In the online mode, the candidate has to pay through the Debit/Credit card or Internet Banking. In the offline mode, the candidate can pay through Bank Challan.
Application Form Fee: All the male candidates belonging to the General category are required to pay INR 200 as application fees. Female candidates and Male candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories need not pay the fees.
|Female and Reserved category||No fee|
Documents Required to apply for UPSC CAPF Exam
The candidates are required to upload the scanned images of the following documents at the time of registration:
- Candidate's recent Photograph
The candidates should upload images in a fixed format as prescribed by the conducting authority- UPSC. The format is as follows:
- The scanned photo should be clear of any discrepancies and preferably it should have a white background.
- A Black ball pen should be used on white paper for signature and the signature should be visible in the image. The file should be in JPG format.
- The size of the scanned files should be between 20KB and 300 KB.
CAPF 2021 Exam Pattern
The UPSC CAPF Exam has mainly three stages that check the candidate's potential to be an Officer in the CAPFs. These stages are written exam, Physical tests, and Interview/Personality test. The written test consists of two papers. The exam pattern for each paper is as follows:
Paper I: The paper I will be conducted offline. The paper will contain 125 Multiple Choice Questions(MCQs) in which each question carries 2 marks. Also, negative marking is there. One-third of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Paper||Subject||Pattern||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Paper-I||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective type (MCQ based)||200||250||10 a.m. to 12 p.m.|
Paper-II: Paper-II will also be conducted in Offline mode. The paper will be Descriptive and there will be 6 questions in the paper.
|Paper||Subject||Pattern||Total Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|Paper-II||General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension||Descriptive paper||6||200||2 p.m. to 5 p.m.|
CAPF 2021 Admit Card
The UPSC CAPF 2021 Admit card will be released online on the official site of UPSC. The candidate can download the admit card by entering his/her registration number and Date of birth. Candidates should note that no admit card will be sent to the candidate's address via post/courier.
The admit card has the candidate's details, roll number, and location of the exam centre. Other instructions are also there on the admit card through which a candidate must go through.
How to download the UPSC CAPF Admit Card - Step by Step Instructions
- Step 1: Candidates should visit the official UPSC website at www.upsc.gov.in and click on the 'Admit Card link' on the homepage.
- Step 2: On this page, click on 'E-Admit Cards for Various Examinations of UPSC' link.
- Step 3: A 'Click here' link will be available under the 'View Online' tab for the exam. Once you click on that link, a new window will open where another link will be available to download the admit card.
- Step 4: Once you click on the link, you will be directed to a login page. You can log in using your login credentials.
- Step 5: Review and download the admit card that will be displayed on the screen.
- Step 6: Print the admit card to show the same at the exam centre.
Note: If the candidate does not receive his/her UPSC CAPF 2021 admit card or receives any other information/ communication regarding his/her candidature for the CAPF examination three weeks before the commencement of the exam, they must contact the Commission. Candidates should also report in case of any discrepancies in the details given in the UPSC CAPF 2021 admit card. The details of the SSC below the page.
CAPF 2021 Exam Centres
There are a total of 41 exam centres for the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam all across the country. The exam centres once allotted cannot be changed afterwards under any circumstances. It might be possible that the candidate may or may not get the centre he/she selected during the application form. However, the chances of getting the exam centre other than the desired one are very less.
The exam centre will be given on 'First come first serve' basis. Candidates are advised to apply for the UPSC CAPF exam early so that they get the exam centre of their choice. The candidate can select the exam centre from the following:
|Centre of Examination for UPSC CAPF|
Documents required at the Exam Centre
The applicant must take the following documents to the exam centre on the day of the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam.
- UPSC CAPF 2021 admit card
- A valid Photo ID card such as Aadhar card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, PAN card etc.
CAPF 2021 Result
The UPSC CAPF exam has four stages. The result of each stage will be declared by the Commission on its official website. The UPSC CAPF 2021 result will be in the form of PDF which will contain the roll numbers of the candidate who have qualified that particular stage of the exam. In the end, a merit list will be prepared which will have the roll numbers of the successful candidates who qualified the UPSC CAPF exam.
How to download the UPSC CAPF Results?
To download the UPSC CAPF 2021 result, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the UPSC.
- In the home page, find the Final Results section. Click on the link available.
- The results (merit list of UPSC CAPF 2021) will be displayed in a PDF format.
- The merit list contains the name and the roll number of the selected candidates.
- Candidates are advised to download and take a print out of the UPSC CAPF 2021 result for future reference.
CAPF 2021 Cut off
The cutoffs for each stage is declared by the UPSC after the recruitment process, based on which the result is prepared. The UPSC CAPF 2021 will be published after the final result. The cutoff for each stage depends upon the number of candidates appearing for the exam, difficulty level of the paper and the Vacancy. The cutoff for UPSC CAPF 2018 for every category is as follows:
UPSC CAPF Cutoff for Paper I
UPSC CAPF Cutoff for Written exam (Paper I + Paper-II)
UPSC CAPF Overall Cutoff
CAPF 2021 Coaching Centres
Several coaching centres in India conduct coaching classes for the UPSC CAPF exam all over the country. The leading coaching centres in the country are given below:
Coaching Centres in Delhi
- Guruvidhya Classes
- Alfa Metis Academy
- Vedanga Institute of Civil Services
Coaching Centres in Bengaluru
- Tripti Coaching Centre
- Cavalier India
- Anu Gyan Edu co
Coaching Centres in Mumbai
- Success Forum
- Pioneer Academy for Competitive Examination
- Centre for Defence Careers
Coaching Centres in Kolkata
- Eastern India Competitive class
- Rise Foundation
- The Math Mania
CAPF 2021 Reference Books
During the preparation of the UPSC CAPF exam, it is very essential for a candidate to have good reference books and study from them. The following books will be very useful for the preparation of UPSC CAPF exam.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma
- A modern approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Dr R S Aggarwal
- History Of Modern India by Bipan Chandra
- Indian polity by Laxmikanth
- Certificate Physical and Human Geography by G.C. Leong
How many vacant seats are available for the post of BSF?
There are 100 seats available for the posts of BSF.
Where to apply for the Union Public Service Commission\'s CAPF 2020?
Candidates can start registering for the UPSC CAPF 2020 when the portal is open for the candidates to apply.
Can I bring my phone with me to the CAPF Exam Centre?
Candidates are not allowed to carry their phones inside the CAPF exam hall. The other banned items include pagers, Bluetooth handsets, calculations, and other electronic devices of any sorts.
Does the CAPF exam evaluation pattern include negative marking?
Yes, the candidates should note that there will be negative marking for the wrong answers they have chosen in the exam.
How do I contact if I have queries relating to the CAPF admission process?
Contact information: 011-2338527/ 011-23381125/ 011-23098543 Timings: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What are the specifications for uploading the photograph and signature during CAPF registration?
Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature while filling in the application form, the size of the image should be between 20 and 50 KB, while the image size of the signature should be between 10 and 20 KB. The dimensions of the photo should be 200*300 pixels, while the signature should be 140*60 pixels. The format of both the images should be in JPEG format.
Is there a way to fill the UPSC CAPF Application form offline?
No, the candidate cannot fill the application form of UPSC CAPF offline. Interested candidates can apply online through their official website after they release the official notification.
I have accidentally filled some incorrect information in the CAPF application form. Is there a way to make the changes?
Unfortunately, there is not any provision for the candidates to make the changes. It is important for the applicants to be very careful while applying for the UPSC CAPF 2020. Changes can be made before they had submitted the application form using the \'edit\' option.
I have successfully submitted the CAPF application form, do I have to take a print out of it and send it to the commission\'s office?
No, it is not required for the candidate to send their application form to the conducting authority. The candidate can secure a copy of the filled application form for future references.
I am a candidate belonging to the female category. Is it necessary for me to pay the CAPF application fee?
No, the women candidates do not necessarily have to pay the application fee for UPSC CAPF. they are exempted from paying the application fee.
Do I have to submit the original documents on the CAPF exam day?
It is not necessary for the candidate to produce the original documents on the exam day. The verification of the documents will only happen once the candidate has qualified the Interview/ Personality test.
What are the details to be filled in the CAPF application form?
The candidate has to fill in the basic information such as a name of the candidate, father\'s name, mother\'s name, date of birth, gender, age and contact information such as a valid email address, contact number, and educational qualification.