All aspirants must satisfy the eligibility criteria of IBPS RRB to appear for the exam. The criteria set by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) involves various factors such as educational qualification, age limit, nationality or citizenship, and work experience.
Since there are various posts such as Office Assistant, Officer Scale 1, 2 and 3, candidates must check them carefully before registering for the exam. The details regarding the eligibility are discussed below.
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility based on Nationality
The IBPS RRB Eligibility 2021 based on nationality is as follows. The candidate must be either:
- A Citizen of India
- A Citizen of Nepal
- A Citizen of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before 1962 intending to permanently settle in the country.
- A Person of Indian Origin(Having PIO Card) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam intending to permanently settle in the country.
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility based on Age Limit
The age limit set for the IBPS RRB Exam varies according to the job profile or scale of the officer post. The age limit for various officers' posts for the general category is given below.
- For Officer Scale I the minimum age that the candidate must possess is 18 years and the maximum age is 30 years. Hence, a typical candidate aspiring to give this exam must not have born before October 03, 1989 and not after September 31, 2001. (Both the dates are inclusive)
- For Officer Scale-II the minimum age that the candidate must possess is 21 years or the candidate must be below 32 years. Hence, a typical candidate aspiring to give this exam must not have born before October 3, 1987 and not after September 31, 1998. (Both the dates are inclusive)
- For Officer Scale-III the minimum age that the candidate must possess is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 40 years. Therefore, an aspiring candidate giving this exam must not have born before October 3, 1979 and not after September 31, 1998. (Both the dates are inclusive)
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) - All aspiring candidates who fall under the age group of 18 and 28 years can apply for this post.
There is age relaxation applicable for the reserved category students in their upper age limit. The details are given in the table below.
|Aspirants With Benchmark Disability as defined under “The Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016”||10 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen with and without Disability||8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|In the case of Ex-servicemen commissioned officers, including ECOs/ SSCOs, who have rendered at least 5 years military service||For the post of officers, it is 5 years.|
|Widows, Divorced women, and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||Only for the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
|Aspirants ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89||5 years|
|Aspirants affected in 1984 riots||5 Years|
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility based on Educational Qualification
As per the scale of the officer post the minimum educational qualification varies. It is broadly discussed below. One can look into it and then decide about the preparation.
IBPS RRB Eligibility - Office Assistant
Participants applying for Office Assistant Post (Multipurpose) must have a Degree in any discipline from a recognized University/Board or its equivalent degree.
Local Language: Proficiency in the local language as mentioned for the participating RRB candidates.
Desirable Skills: Knowledge of Computers and its basic skills.
IBPS RRB Eligibility 2021- Officer Scale I Post
Should have a degree in any discipline. Preferred degree criteria are Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy.
Language: Proficiency in the local language as mentioned by the candidate.
Others Required Skills: Should have Knowledge about computers and their basic skills.
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility - Officer Scale-II Post
Candidates applying for the Officer Scale-II Post (General Banking Officer) must have completed a degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Preferred degree: Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy.
Experience: Two years as an officer in a Bank or Financial Institution.
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility - Officer Scale-II (Specialist Officers) Post
Aspirants applying for the Officer Scale-II post for Specialist Officers must have a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Skills: Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP, etc.
Experience: One year of experience.
Documents: Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Experience: One year of experience.
Qualification: Degree in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Experience: Two years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period not less than two years.
Documents: Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution.
Experience: One year of experience
Degree: MBA in Marketing from a recognized university.
Experience: One year of experience.
Qualification: Degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Experience: Two years of experience.
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility - Officer Scale III Post
Qualification: Candidates must possess a degree with a minimum of 50% marks. Preferred are a Degree/ Diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics, and Accountancy.
Required Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions.
IBPS RRB Eligibility for PWD Candidates
According to section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, aspirants with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. Aspirants with the following disabilities come under reserved category.
- Blindness and low vision;
- Deaf and hard of hearing;
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy;
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness;
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disability:
Instructions for Candidates With Benchmark Disabilities using a Scribe
The visually impaired candidates and aspirants whose writing speeds are affected permanently for any particular reason can use their scribe. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following rules will apply:
- A candidate will have to arrange his / her scribe at his/her own cost.
- The scribe may be from any academic stream. But, for Specialist Officers’ posts, the scribe should be from an academic stream different from that prescribed for the post.
- Both the aspirant as well as scribe will have to confirm that the scribe fulfils all the mentioned eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above.
- But in case if later it is found that he/she did not fulfil any laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, then the candidature of that application will be cancelled.
- Those test-takers who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes.
- Only aspirants who are registered for compensatory time (at the time of online registration) will be allowed to avail such concessions since compensatory time is given to candidates shall be a system based on it. Candidates not registered for compensatory time shall not be allowed such concessions.
IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria - Significant Details
Eligibility: There are major differences between IBPS RRB Officer's eligibility criteria and IBPS RRB Office Assistant eligibility. All candidates should check the IBPS RRB Eligibility criteria for respective posts before applying.
Documents: Candidates are required to produce the relevant documents for their identity and eligibility of category, nationality, age, educational qualifications, etc. as indicated in the IBPS RRB Application Form
Educational Qualification: Educational Qualification criteria is different for each IBPS RRB Post. The required education qualification should be a degree from a University/Institution/Board recognized by Govt. of India/approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before the date of application.
Percentage: A candidate needs to mention his/her authenticate Percentage in a specified section taking marks of all subjects studied in a course while applying for IBPS RRB Exam 2021.
Who are not eligible for IBPS RRB Exam?
The candidates will be considered as ineligible for the exam if they are not able to satisfy the following condition:
- They are not able to produce their required certificates at the time of interview.
- Graduate from a university not recognised by the UGC.
IBPS RRB Eligibility FAQs
Q. Is there any age criteria to apply for this common written exam?
Ans. The conduction authority has set certain standards as the eligibility criteria for the candidate to appear for the exam. The following is the age criteria:
- For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)- The candidate should be between 18 and 30 years.
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose) - To be eligible for this post, the candidate should be between 18 years and 28 years.
Q. I have secured only 55% in my undergraduate program. Am I eligible to appear for the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can register and apply for the IBPS RRB 2021 as there is no percentage criterion. The candidate has to be a graduate.
Q. I am 19 years old. Am I eligible to write the exam?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible as you fall under the age criteria set the conducting authority. Candidates who are lesser than 18 years old will not be allowed to write the exam.