All students eligible for IBPS PO 2021 can read the syllabus and start preparing for the exam. Syllabus becomes very important for students as it helps them to strategize accordingly and perform well for the exam. Information regarding IBPS PO Syllabus is presented in this section below.
IBPS PO 2021 Syllabus
The IBPS PO 2021 Syllabus comprises of 4 Sections - Quantitative Aptitude, English, Reasoning & General Awareness. The detailed topic-wise syllabus of each section is given below.
IBPS PO English Section consists of the following three topics under it. The section tests the grammatical knowledge and measures the comprehension skills of the candidate.
- Grammar: Spotting Errors, Active/Passive voice, Direct and Indirect speech, Phrases and idioms.
- Vocabulary: Homonyms, Synonyms Word Formation and Spelling, Antonyms.
- Reading Comprehension: Passage completion, Theme Detection, Sense Driving Conclusion.
The following topics are asked in the Quantitative Aptitude section of the IBPS PO Exam.
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and work
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Mixture and Allegation
- Stocks and Shares
- Partnership Clocks
- Volume and Surface Area
- Height and Distances
- Logarithms, Permutation, and Combinations
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Equations, Probability, Trigonometry
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Elements of Algebra
- Data Interpretation, Pie Charts, Tables, Bar & Graph, Line charts.
The IBPS PO Reasoning syllabus consists of two parts i.e. Verbal Reasoning and Non-verbal Reasoning. Important topics of each are given below.
- Word formation
- Statement and conclusions, Statement and assumptions, Statement and arguments.
- Blood Relations
- Passage and Conclusions
- Alphabet Test, Series Test
- Number, Ranking and Time Sequence
- Direct sense Test, Decision-making Test
- Figure series, Input/output
- Assertion and Reasoning
- Sitting Arrangement
- Figure the odd one out
- Series test
- Misc. Test
IBPS PO 2021 Syllabus for General Awareness
This section tests the candidate for his general knowledge. Question will be asked based on the current happenings around the world and in the country. Best way to prepare for this section is to be well-read on the topics stated below. It is possible to score well in the subject if one reads newspapers like the Hindu, Indian Express, Economic Times regularly. Candidates can also stay up to date with the latest news by using the internet.
- Current affairs related to national and international issues including recent credit and monetary policy of the Indian banking system of the last 6 months (following a good newspaper is sufficient to cover the current events).
- Overview & History of Indian Financial System and the Indian Banking System.
- An overview of National Financial institutions such as Reserve Bank of India, Securities Exchange Board of India, IRDA, FSDC, etc and of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, United Nations, etc.
- Banking Terminologies and Important Government Schemes on the capital & money market.
All candidates must know the Exam Pattern of IBPS PO along with the syllabus as it helps them to prepare strategically for the exam.