A basic criterion that a student has to fulfil to attempt IBPS PO 2021 Exam is that he/she must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized institute. On the whole, the criteria are as follows: Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification.
IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To attend IBPS PO 2021 a candidate's ideal age limit is between 20-30 years. The age limit is relaxed based on the category as shown below. Candidates who want to avail age relaxation must produce valid certificates with their photocopies during the selection procedure.
|Category||Relaxation in Age|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||10 Years|
|Commissioned Officers [ECOs, SSCOs], Ex-Servicemen who have worked for a minimum of 5 years in the military and have left at the conclusion of a project||5 Years|
|People ordinarily domiciled in a state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period January 01, 1980, to December 31, 1989||5 Years|
|People affected by the 1984 riots.||5 Years|
IBPS PO 2021 Academic Qualification
As per IBPS PO 2021 notification, a candidate must possess the minimum qualification of Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University by the Central Government. A candidate should have passed with English as one of the subjects from SSC to Graduation level.
A candidate must have received it before September 5th 2021 i.e the final results must have been published before the mentioned date.
IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility Percentage
All candidates should possess the certificate of proof of passing the qualifying examination. Details of the result must be mentioned in the whole figures. So if the percentage of marks scored by the aspirant is in decimal then he or she must round the value to the nearest integer.
IBPS PO 2021 Total Mark Percentage Calculation
A candidate has to divide the marks obtained by the maximum marks and multiply it by 100 to get the exact percentage. This mode of calculation is applicable for colleges or institutes which deal with CGPA and Grade type of scores.
If only CGPA is given in the University then he or she must convert it into a percentage up to two decimal places and mention it in the application form.
Attention: Candidates can attempt this exam any number of times, provided they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
IBPS PO Nationality Criterion 2021
A candidate becomes eligible for IBPS PO Exam if he or she falls under any one of the below-mentioned criteria.
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or
- Candidates can be a subject of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibetan refugee who is settled in India. (or)
- Migrated Candidates from the Countries of Kenya, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Ethiopia, and Vietnam who have the plans to settle in India are entitled to give this exam.
IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility for PWD Candidates
Persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible to avail certain concessions as per section 34 of 'The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016'. According to it, a person with any of the following limitations is considered disabled.
- Blindness and low vision.
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness.
- Deaf and hard of hearing.
- Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy. leprosy cured dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy.
IBPS PO 2021 Eligibility For Scribes users
A PWD candidate who has a visual impairment or any limitation that prevents him or her from writing may opt to use a scribe for the test. The cost of hiring a scribe is the responsibility of that particular candidate. The following points must be kept in mind before appointing a scribe.
- A Scribe can be from any of the academic streams.
- An aspirant using a scribe is entitled to avail a compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the exam.
- That particular scribe whom the PWD candidate has appointed must not be a candidate of the IBPS Exam (CWE PO/MT-VI). If not, the candidature of the particular candidate will be canceled.
- A deserving candidate availing the option to use a scribe must mention it in the application form. Otherwise, he or she will not get a chance to mention it.
- The scribe along with the candidate has to submit an undertaking form, stating that the scribe has fulfilled all the laid down criteria.
- An aspirant availing a scribe is considered eligible only when his or her dominant (writing hand) has a disability that hampers the proper functioning by at least 40%.
- Candidates with visual impairment (with less than 40% disability) may opt to view the exam screen with the magnified font. They will also be given an extra compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour.
- But if a visually impaired candidate happens to use a scribe the magnified font size will not be made available for them.
Eligible candidates during preparation can pursue IBPS PO Syllabus and draft a learning pattern accordingly.