Infrastructure Facilities at Vi Institute of Technology, [VIIT] Kanchipuram:
VIIT, Kanchipuram is well equipped with state of the art infrastructure facilities and modern amenities. Mentioned below are the major facilities available at VIIT, Kanchipuram.
- The institute arranges a wide range of extra-curricular programs, facilities, services, and activities.
- Students get exposure to a variety of social, cultural, intellectual, recreational opportunities and challenges in the events.
- The institute is Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Institute is connected with high-speed internet with leased line connection.
- Internet connection is distributed to various laboratories and subnets inside each lab, departments, workshops, library, offices, and classrooms.
- High-quality food is provided in the cafeteria for both staff and students.
- Free medical treatment and check-up is provided.
- The doctor is available during the working hours.
- The institute provides various sports activities both at inter-college and intra college levels.
- They conduct annual sports week in their college which involves track and field events along with indoor games like Chess and Carroms.
- Library is the central support service for Vi Institute of Technology.
- The library is equipped with modern facilities and resources like CD-ROMs, On-line databases, books, e-journals, theses, reports, etc.
- They provide electronic access to full text & bibliographical databases & e-journals.
- The library consists of more than 10,000 volumes of books in the field of engineering science & technology and more than 25 international journals and 47 national journals.
- It also consists of more than 1500 volumes of reference books, and books for competitive exams like GATE, GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, Civil Services, etc.
- Automated systems and Bar code facility is available for library users.
- More than 2,000 e-journal and more than 500 CD-ROMs are available in their digital library.
- Library provides a good atmosphere for book readers by providing more reading space.
- VIIT provides separate hostel facility for boys and girls.
- Hostel rooms are well maintained, spacious, adequately ventilated, and furnished with necessary accessories.
- They provide facilities like common room, computer room with broadband facility, reading room, indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
- Boys hostel consists of 100 rooms which can accommodate up to 300 students whereas girls hostel consists of 20 rooms which can accommodate up to 80 students.
- Institute provides flexible & cost-effective transportation facilities to their students.
- College buses services are provided from Chennai, Guindy, Chennai Beach, Kalpakkam, Velachery and Madhuranthagam via Chengalpet.
- Transportation is provided for evening classes and also on Saturdays and Sundays for special classes, Sports, etc.
- College buses are provided for special occasions like industrial visits and social service activities.