Sydenham Institute of Management Studies, Research & Entrepreneurship Education, [SIMSREE] Mumbai Infrastructure Details
Infrastructure facilities at the SIMSREE
- The college library is situated on the second floor of the building. It has a spacious hall that provides a quiet, serene environment for study.
- It has a collection of over fifty thousand classical and modern books. It subscribes to several national and international journals and periodicals of commerce and economics in addition to encyclopedias pertaining to various disciplines.
- It is one of the few college libraries in the University of Mumbai that provides an open access system to the students.
- It has a Language Lab that provides facilities to the students in order to make them proficient in English. It also provides photocopying facility to the students.
- The Library’s reading hall is kept open from 8 am to 8 pm.
- The college has two well equipped laboratories on the ground floor. In these labs the practical of various classes like S.Y.B.Com, T.Y.B.Com, B.M.S and Banking & Insurance are conducted.
- Third computer lab for B.Com in Banking & Insurance students is opened in the BBI computer lab.
- The College has set up a state of the art online exam centre for conducting internal examination and other competitive tests. This centre is equipped with 50 computers and One Server of HP with latest configuration.
- This centre will help students to appear online exams effectively and prepare themselves for various competitive exams.
- The college gymkhana also has had its share of glory and contributes a great deal to the overall development of the students.
- It offers a number of on campus amenities like a basket ball court, a volleyball court and a state-of-art multi-station Gymnasium. The Gymnasium Hall also facilitates a host of indoor games like chess, carrom, and table tennis.
- The college has a reserved space at Oval Maidan, Churchgate for other games like Cricket, Football and Handball. The College gymkhana holds its ‘annual athletic meet’ at the Mumbai University Sports Complex.
- There is a Sports Quota for admission in the Senior & Junior College as per the Mumbai University and Higher Secondary Board, Maharashtra State respectively.
- College facilitates maximum participation of the students in sports for there overall development.
- The college canteen on the ground floor is spacious and well lit. Its environs are clean and hygienic, food is sumptuous but rates are reasonable.
- It opens at 7.30 am in the morning & closes as late as 7.30 pm evening, catering also to the students of evening lectures.
Students’ common room
- The students’ common room, located on the ground floor accommodates several college societies, where office bearers and members meet and chalk out their programmes.
- There is a separate common room for girls on the second floor.
- The College has state of the art, air conditioned auditorium, which was renovated and recently inaugurated. It has a capacity of four hundred and fifty comfortable seats.
- It offers sound and light effects for budding dramatists of the college, besides it serves as the venue for other activities like co-curricular and extra-curricular programmes, seminars, symposia and golden Jubilee Lectures.
- The College has developed an air conditioned conference room with modern amenities like LCD projector, internet connectivity and smart board. It has seating capacity for 180 persons.
- This conference room is used for organizing conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops and invited lectures.
- The College provides accommodation to its bonafide male students at the Government Colleges Hostel situated right behind the college building on C-Road, Churchgate.
- Here one hundred and thirty students from Sydenham College get accommodation every year. It has a common room, library, reading room, recreation room, sports hall, a canteen and mess.
- For girls the accommodation is available at Telang Memorial Hostel, C-Road, Churchgate, and Savitribai Phule Government Girls Hostel, Marine Drive, Charni Road. However, only limited number of female students gets accommodation here.
- The students can apply to the College for hostel accommodation. Thereafter, a selection committee, comprising of the Principal and senior professor’s screen these applications, interview the candidates & recommend the most eligible candidates to the government.
- the government informs the Hostel Superintendent and accordingly admissions are made.