A well equipped library is located in a separate part of the college building. All the students of the college are expected to go through the reference and additional manuals of their syllabus and along with that they are advised to study the books and magazines from different fields for mental development, interest generation and development of mental power.
Games and Sports
- The college has two big sports grounds and an indoor stadium with the sports facilities for football, cricket, hockey, tennis, volley ball, badminton, chess, carom, etc. Various sports programmes are organised from time to time for the development of team spirit, mutual amity and competition in the students.
- As per the letter no. 345/70-2-2006-16(24)/2004 TC education department, Lucknow, dated February 07, 2006, necessary instructions have been received to conduct sports and physical education as a subject. On this basis, selection of any one of the above mentioned sports is compulsory for every student, in which passing the written as well as the practical examination like other subjects is compulsory. The interested students should get their name registered with the related sports officer. Every year sports team for the college is selected by the selection specialist committee. Captains for the various sports are selected on the basis of his/her capabilities and seniority, for which decision of the sports committee shall be final.
- It shall be compulsory for the students to come in track suit and sport shoes during the practical examination for physical education.
- No sport shall be conducted in the college premises during study hours.
- No student shall take the sports material outside the college premises individually.
To encourage writing creativity among the students, college magazine Vibha is published every year. The students, lecturers and the non-teaching staff of the college show their talent by presenting their articles in Hindi, English or Sanskrit language.
It is compulsory to present the articles for publication to the 'College Magazine Committee' by December 30 every year for its timely examination and publishing of the magazine on time. The editorial board shall take the final decision on the publication.
To provide for the curiosity of knowledge enhancement, experts on different subjects shall be invited to the college for guest lectures every month, in which attendance of all the students of that subject is compulsory. Group discussions on the topic are done for the benefit of all the students.
Canteen facility in the college premises is being planned where the students can avail the refreshments at reasonable rates. Healthy atmosphere, clean refreshments, etc. shall be taken care of at the canteen.
Aqua guard and water cooler facilities are available to provide for the cool and clean water to the students in the premises.
Constructed by the social welfare department, inside the college premises, hostel facilities for about 70 girl students is available. The girls coming from outside the city can avail the facility after getting the form from the office and completing the necessary formalities. In addition, a hostel for girl students of backward castes is being started inside the college premises at the earliest.
With the inspiration from the president Shri Swami Chinmayanand Saraswati, alumni organisation has been formed in 2003, inaugurated by the then Governor of UP, Acharya Vishnukant Shastri, on February 25, 2003.
The ex-students of the SS College, who have got their graduation or post graduation degree from the college, or the present final year students of BA, B Sc, B Com, M Com, B Ed or M Ed are eligible for its membership.
From the session 2006-2007, the university has made the physical education subject compulsory for all students pursuing graduation courses. The students shall take the written and practical examinations for the selected sport and the examination must be qualified. This subject is compulsory for all faculties at the graduation level