The Sindri College Dhanbad was established by the erstwhile Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd. (FCI) which donated Rs.1.5lakh from its Worker’s Amenities Fund for the benefit of its employees as well as their wards. The then education minister of undivided Bihar Satyendra Narain Sinha inaugurated the college on 12th July 1963. Since then the college never looked back. Students of the college earned laurels for the college both in the field of education and extracurricular activities including sports. Many of our students topped the merit list of university that earned a place of pride for the college among the colleges of earlier the Ranchi University, Ranchi and presently the Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribagh. The college was granted affiliation for teaching in Arts and commerce stream up to pre-university level in 1964 which was upgraded up to Degree Part II in consecutive years. Affiliation for teaching up to Intermediate Science was granted in 1972 and graduation in science in 1979. The college, which started as an evening college in the Rajendra High School for Boys, Shaharpura building, is presently running in two separate buildings for boys and girl students. While nearly 3000 boy students are studying in three streams of Arts, Commerce and Science up to Honours level in the main college building situated in the Manohartand locality of the town, nearly 1800 girls are pursuing their higher studies at the Women’s section building of the college in Shaharpura locality. Nearly 40percent boys and girls studying in the college belong to tribal and most backward community.
Telephone No : 0326-2245050
Email Id : email@example.com
At Sindri College the students are endowed with all convenient amenities that make their life 'go easy' in college hours, alongside make learning more interesting. Some of the facilities include well ventilated classrooms, recreational areas, hostel facility for boys and girls, indoor and outdoor games, stocked library, seamless internet/wifi connectivity, medical facilities etc.