Infrastructure Facilities at Panimalar Engineering College, Chennai:
Panimalar Engineering College has a state of the art infrastructure. The campus at Panimalar Engineering College has all the basic facilities required for students. The campus is spread over in an area of 52.87 acres and provides a perfect environment of teaching and learning. The campus is maintained by the building construction and maintenance staff. Some of the infrastructure facilities are listed below:
- Each department at Panimalar Engineering College has its own laboratories.
- Equipment used in the laboratories is of the latest technology and well maintained.
- All the laboratories are air-conditioned.
- The MBA lab at Panimalar Engineering College has a high-end computer center and has an air-conditioned seminar hall with a seating capacity of 550 students.
- All the rooms in the MBA laboratory are air-conditioned and have LCD monitors, overhead projectors and a VCD/VCR player.
Know More about Panimalar Engineering College Details
- Panimalar Engineering College has a 100 Mbps internet connection provided through the local area network.
- All the internet lines are connected through fiber optical cable.
- Students can access the internet from the library, administrative building for research purposes and downloading previous question paper samples, e-books, study materials, daily curricular, etc.
- The administration and functioning in the college is paperless as all the process is done online because of the high-speed internet.
- Panimalar Engineering College offers intranet and internet facilities to its students and faculties for research purposes.
- Panimalar Engineering College provides transportation facilities to its students and staff.
- Bus facility is provided from various parts of the city to the college and back home.
- The institution has a fleet of 166 buses.
- This facility is also provided on occasions like extra coaching classes, placement drive, local industrial visits, NSS camps, hospitals, etc.
- The mess hall at Panimalar Engineering College has a seating capacity of 2500 people.
- It is spread over in an area of 28,000 sq.ft.
- The mess kitchen is spread in an area of 33,000 sq ft is equipped with the latest cooking equipment which includes 11 cookers (2 milk cookers), 2 boilers, and steam cookers.
- There are separate sections allotted for vegetarian and nonvegetarian cooking.
- There are a total of 30 cooks, 14 vessel cleaners, 66 suppliers (18 ladies, 48 gents)
- Equipments like cylinders, vessels, sweets, and icecreams are all kept in different rooms.
- Workers have their separate rooms
- Both the mess and the mess hall are well ventilated and pest free.
- Unlimited food is served for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The mess is regularly cleaned and maintained by the cleaning staff.
- Apart from academics Panimalar Engineering College also encourages students to take part in sports activities.
- Volleyball, Basketball, Football, Badminton, Cricket, Chess, Carrom, are commonly played by students.
- The college provides financial help to students who have qualified in the district, state or national level in sports.
- The library at Panimalar Engineering College is known as the information center.
- It is one of the major highlights of the college.
- The central library has a total of 73,943 books, 17,837 book titles, 5,000 e-books, 11,885 e-resources.
- The library is spread over in an area of 1650 sq.m and is air-conditioned.
- It has a seating capacity of 176 students.
- It provides a peaceful environment for reading.
- The library at the institution has a wide range of books, journals, handbooks, magazines reference books, encyclopedia, and dictionaries.
- Panimalar Engineering College library also has computer facilities available for students to surf through the internet for research purposes.
- The digital library at Panimalar Engineering College serves the purpose of providing online material to students.
- It has an internet connection with 200 Mbps.
- There are 34 computers in the digital library with internet connections.
- It was established in the year 2001.
- E-journals that are published around the world can be surfed through this facility.
- The digital library also has a wide collection of CDs with video lessons related to technical background.
- There are 5 subscribed package e-journals in the digital library
- They cover more than 32,000 e-journals and magazines.
- Over 15,000 new pages are added to the journal every month.
- Access to more than two million pdf is provided which includes charts, photographs, illustration materials, diagrams, etc.
- The digital library has a separate server that contains, question paper sets, NPTEL program & webserver, e-journals, encyclopedias etc.
- Free internet of 200 Mbps is provided to students 24/ 7 days a week.
IT First Year Library:
- A separate library is dedicated to first-year students from the Information Technology background.
- This library is air-conditioned and has a seating capacity of 80 students.
- A total of 38 periodicals, 4942 book titles, 19,826 book volumes, and 12,030 e-resources are present.
- The IT library at Panimala Engineering College is an excellent place to research as it provides a perfect research environment for students.
- It contains a wide variety of books, encyclopedia, and magazines.
- Students can access four books at a time and the library is open from 7:30 A.M to 8:00 pm pon weekdays and 8:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M. (Saturdays).
PG MBA library:
- A separate library is allotted for MBA students from Panimalar Engineering College.
- This library is fully air-conditioned and has a seating capacity of 64 students.
- Reference books, handbooks, encyclopedia, and dictionaries from MBA background are available in the library.
- Students can access the reading hall in the library and only four books allotted to students.
- There are 12,338 book volumes, 38,114 e-resources, 82 periodicals and 3710 book titles present in the MBA library
- The library is open from 7:30 A.M to 8:00 P.M. on Weekdays and from 8:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M on Saturdays.
PG ME Library:
- Panimalar Engineering College has a separate library for students from ME background.
- This library has a seating capacity of 40 students.
- The ME library has a total collection of 1824 book volumes, 38 periodicals, 724 book titles and 11, 775 e-resources.
- All the books, journals and magazines present here are from ME background and are arranged in periodic order.
- Students are given four books at a time.
- A rich collection of nonbook materials are also present.
- The library is open from 7:30 A.M to 8:00 P.M. (Weekdays) and 8:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M. (Saturdays).
- Panimalar Engineering College provides hostel facilities for both girls and boys.
- The institute offers hostel facilities for both day scholars and residents.
- The hostel is equipped with all the basic facilities required for students.
- Rooms have attached bathrooms with hot and cold water supply.
- Hostel also provides outdoor and indoor sports facilities like basketball, football, cricket, volleyball, chess, and carrum.
Panimalar Gents Hostel:
- The gents hostel at Panimalar Engineering College is spread over in an area of 1.18.260 sq.ft. and can accommodate up to 1000 students.
- The hostel is surrounded by an eco-friendly and green environment that helps the students to stay healthy.
- The main hostel has 148 rooms and each room has 4 students.
- The rooms are allocated to students from second and third-year B.E/ B.Tech and PG background.
- All the rooms are well furnished and have cupboards, cots, and chairs.
- There is a separate building for first-year students from B.E/B. Tech background which can accommodate 4 students in the rooms. There are 96 rooms in total in this building.
Panimalar Ladies Hostel:
- The girl's hostel at Panimalar Engineering College is spread over in an area of 1.02.400 sq.ft and can accommodate 800 students
- The hostel is surrounded by a green eco-friendly environment.
- The main hostel building has 128 rooms and can accommodate 4 students in a room that are allocated to second/ third-year students from B.E B.Tech and PG students
- Second Hostel for girls has 41 rooms and can accommodate 4 students in a room. This is for students from first year B.E/ B.Tech students.
- All the rooms are well furnished and have cupboards, cots, and chairs.
Other Facilities in Boys and Girls Hostel Include:
- The hostel buildings have state of the art computer center which helps student to pursue studies
- Students who are interested in staying fit can visit the gymnasium.
- A separate space is allocated to students to practice yoga. This space is known as the yoga center.
- The hostel buildings have a recreation room with television for students to enjoy after studies.
- Shops and beauty saloons are provided by the college in the hostel premises for students.
- Mineral water is supplied to all the rooms of the hostel building 24/ 7.
- The open-air theatre program is organized every weekend for students.
- Medical facilities are provided to the students.
- Ironing and laundry facilities are available within the premises for students.
- Solar water heating facility is available to students 24 hours.
- Panimalar Engineering College provides ATM facilities to students and staff members.
- Candidates and staff members can withdraw and access cash anytime according to their needs.
- The ATM provided by the institution is of the UCO Bank branch.
Water Sewage Treatment Plant:
- The water treatment plant at Panimalar Engineering College was established under the guidance of the civil department faculty.
- The treated water is used for irrigation purposes and gardening purposes.