Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pimpri, Pune, was established as Dr. D. Y. Patil Women's College of Engineering in July 1998. The college is converted into Co-education College with a changed name as Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Engineering & Technology, Pimpri, Pune from the academic year 2002-2003. The Institute is situated in the vicinity of Pimpri-Chinchwad industrial belt, which is one of the biggest industrial belts in Asia.
All the eligible programmes have been accredited by the National Board of Accreditation(NBA). The Institute has been awarded ‘A’ grade by the Government of Maharashtra (India). The Institute is an ISO 9001:2008 certified institute.
The Institute has well-equipped laboratories with ultra modern facilities supported by highly qualified teaching faculty in all branches catered to by the institute. The Central Library is furnished with reference books, textbooks, national and international journals and internet facility as a part of informal teaching.
Training & Placement Cell headed and supported by highly qualified teaching faculty is in close liaison with industry and is operational in shaping careers and future of the students. Many star companies visit the institute for placement of eligible students. The students of this institute are continuously encouraged and motivated to participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and sports.
The alumni of this institute are conscientious in elevating the name of the institute to international levels by securing admission in reputed foreign University to pursue higher studies. DYPIET was the first institute to be selected by Wipro Mission 10X for Deeper Engagement. The Institute is the first Elite member and received Unified Teaching Learning Kits (UTLK) developed by Wipro Technologies. Also, the first Mission 10X Learning Resource Centre has been established in the institute.
DYPIET is a consortium member of Indo-US Collaboration in Engineering Education (IUCEE) and International Federation for Engineering Education (IFEES).
“Empowerment through knowledge”
- Developing human potential to serve the Nation by
- Dedicated efforts for quality education
- Yearning to promote research and development
- Persistent endeavor to imbibe moral and professional ethics
- Inculcating the concept of emotional intelligence
- Emphasizing extension work to reach out to the Society
- Treading the path to meet the future challenges
The Institute is committed to becoming the “Centre of Excellence” in Engineering & Technology with a national character, striving for international benchmarks. This shall be achieved and sustained through.
- Imparting in-depth knowledge through training in advanced technologies to the satisfaction of all the stakeholders.
- Providing world class infrastructure to create a conducive environment.
- Exposing the students to practical and industrial environment to enhance their skill.
- Motivating and guiding Students to participate in Various Research and Development activities.
- Commitment for total personality development of students through training in soft skills, a motivation for co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and ethical values.
- Establishing and maintaining Quality Management System and continually improving its effectiveness.