About Nagpur Veterinary College, [NVC] Nagpur
he department of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine offering undergraduate teaching programme since its establishment in the year 1998 as per V.C.I. Previously, it was combined with the Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics and Jurisprudence. Subsequently, the full fledged department of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine was established at Nagpur Veterinary College, Nagpur with implementation of VCI Education Regulation in 1997. The more impetus of Teaching, Research and Extension work was assigned after the establishment of University in 2000 and formation of new Statute w.e.f. 2002
The academic staff of the department is actively engaged in undergraduate courses in Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine and rendered post graduate courses teaching for Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics and Jurisprudence.
1. To impart education to undergraduate and Post graduate students through teaching Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine.
2. To carry out the field problem oriented research in Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine.
3. To provide need based information through various media to the farmers.
4. To carry out preventive health care activities e.g. Animal health camps, Special Animal Vaccination Campaigns.
5. Consultancy and guidance to farmers, dairy and goat industries.
Academic Programme in the Department
Under Graduate teaching of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine courses. Proposals are in progress to impart post graduate studies leading to M.V.Sc. and Ph.D. degree.
Preventive Medicine Laboratory
Computer & Internet Facility