About Nadar Mahajana Sangam S Vellaichamy Nadar College, [NMSSVNC] Madurai
Nadar Mahajana Sangam S.Vellaichamy Nadar College, a first grade college, affiliated to the Madurai Kamaraj University, is situated at the foot of the historic Nagamalai hills on the Madurai – Theni trunk road, spreading over 44 acres in a picturesque landscape.
The college was started in 1965 by the “Nadar Mahajana Sangam, Madurai ” with the encouragement of the generous donations received from philanthropic members of the sangam. Kodaivallal, kalvithanthai Thiru. S. Vellaichamy Nadar of Virudhunagar has contributed largely for the creation of this institution by his enthusiastic assistance in all ways. In order to perpetuate his pleasant memory, this college was named after him.
The college was inaugurated on 20th july 1965 by our beloved leader ‘Bharat Rathna' Thiru.K.Kamaraj. Today this co-education citadel of learning has developed into a postgraduate and research institution aiming at imparting quality education with main emphasis on conduct and character development.
Eventhough it was started by the Nadar Mahajana Sangam, the institution caters to the needs of all the members of public without any distinction of caste, creed or religion.
The college is a Co-educational, Autonomous and ISO 9001-2008 certified institution and is re-accredited with "A" grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore.
The campus consists of separate blocks accommodating 14 Regular courses and 24 Self-Finance courses including AICTE approved MBA and MCA programmes.
The college has planned its work so as to have a well integrated scheme of instruction, tutorial help and personal guidance coupled with healthy life and community activities to suit individual needs. The object is to develop in the students habits of punctuality and sense of responsibility so that they may come out as worthy citizens of India .
The Mission is to provide need-based quality education, enhance the skills, competitiveness and by Mini - Adblocker" href="http://www.nmssvncollege.in/index.php#95331912"> employability of students, shape their character and make them responsible citizens of India.
To become a premier institution of higher education and to serve the community and the nation.
Imparting Education of the highest order to students, irrespective of caste, creed, religion and sex.
Our institution aspires for global recognition through systematic and meticulous transformation of our students into highly motivated graduates enriched with professional competence, managerial skills, built-in dynamism and humanism.
We aim at continuous pursuit for excellence through short term goals and long term goals.
Short Term Goals
1. To produce cent per cent result with all first class out of which at least 25 per cent will be with distinction.
2. To arrange for placement of at least 50 per cent of the students through campus interview.
3. To introduce job oriented-socially relevant PG programmes additionally in the next two years.
4. To start R & D Department which will undertake at least 20 projects from various Government and Non-Governmental organizations within the span of next three years.
5. To enter into collaboration with Foreign Universities for mutual information and exchange of knowledge.
6. To attain the status of College with Potential for Excellence.
Long Term Goals
1. To become a center of excellence in education and attain global recognition in another ten years.
2. To become one of the best 10 colleges in the country within the next ten years.