History of Mar Athanasius College
The college is one of the five pioneers in Engineering education in the undergraduate level in Kerala state since 1961, this Government Aided institution is established, owned and managed by the Mar Athanasius College Association. Mar Athanasius College Association is constituted as a Society registered under the Cochin Registration of Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Act .
The Institution is the second venture of this charitable society, the first being the Arts and science college started in 1955. The Association has Mar Athanasius International School as a third venture to its credit. The great educational visionary, late Prof. M P Varghese has been at the reins in this victory procession right from the time of founding till today.
- There is a Governing body separately for this institution consisting of representatives of the All India Council for Technical Education(AICTE), the State Government, Mahatma Gandhi University and Mar Athanasius College Association.
- Mar Athanasius College of Engineering pioneered engineering education in central Kerala in 1961. Managed by Mar Athanasius College Association, Aided by the Government of Kerala, the college was first in Asia under Christian Management.
- It was also the first engineering college to get affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University. MACE, as it is popularly known, has grown by leaps and bounds since. It now has six full fledged departments apart from the two auxiliary departments of Mathematics and Humanities &Science.
- The Patron Saint of the institution is Grace Paulose Mar Athanasius whose blessings have been instrumental in the great strides taken by the college.
- The college salute the noble and philanthropic founders whose untiring efforts have resulted in making Mar Athanasius College of Engineering a renowned centre of knowledge and technological expertise.
Application Eligibility criteria
- Candidate must have passed/appeared for the Qualifying Degree Examination and secured the prescribed Minimum Marks in the Subject(s)/course(s)concerned as mentioned in the Brochure. and
- Candidate must have qualified at the common Entrance Test conducted by the University in the Academic year for which admission is sought. For administrative reasons, the University may conduct the entrance test before the publication of the results of the qualifying degree examination concerned. But qualifying at the Entrance Test alone does not confer a right of admission into a course. In addition to being qualified at the common Entrance Test, a candidate will be eligible for admission only if he/she passes the qualifying degree examination before the commencement of counseling for admission and secures the prescribed minimum marks in the subject(s)/course(s) concerned. He/She must submit the necessary documents at the time of counseling.
How to apply
The applicants seeking admmission can follow these simple steps :
- The applicants seeking admission can apply by filling the online application form available on the website .
- The applicants seeking admission can register themselves to the Under Graduation courses by submitting the registration
- The applicants seeking admission can pay the registration fees through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking..
- The applicants seeking admission are advised to take the printout of filled-in online application form.
- The applicants seeking admission must upload the following documents along with the filled in application form
Address: Kozhippilly-College Junction Road, Kothamangalam, Kerala 686666
Phone: 0485 282 2363