The Magna College of Engineering, managed by the JDN Educational Trust, was founded in 1999 by Mr. J. Devadas Nayagam.
The college is recognised by the Government of Tamilnadu vide L. No. 33237/J1/97 dated 29.12.1997 and is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi vide F.No. 732 - 52 - 151 (NDEG)/ET/99 dated 13.08.1999.
The University of Madras granted provisional affiliation to the college vide L. No. A11/RM/MCE/BE/2000/1540 dated 31.05.2000. Consequent to the GO (Ms) No. 25, Higher Education (K2) Department dated 23.01.2002 of the Government of Tamilnadu, bringing all engineering colleges in the state under Anna University, Anna University granted affiliation to the Magna College of Engineering vide Lr. No. : CEP/Affl/MCE/2001 - 2002 dated 13.08.2002.
The college is a Christian minority un - aided engineering college.
Magna College of Engineering is a profound institution with the vision of developing qualified and competent professionals.
The main building has an imposing colonial architecture consisting of 3 floors and having a built up area of 11,165 sqm (1,20,145 sqft). The main building comprises of a twin north and south building along the east –west direction and interlinked at two positions by broad corridors. The entire main building has an impressive lush green lawn in the fore ground. The entrance to the building is through two impressive porticoes. The building has spacious verandah and has a span of 14 m (46 ft). The interlinking corridors demarca
The college has an active placement cell.