About Magna College of Engineering, [MCE] Chennai
The Magna College of Engineering, managed by the JDN Educational Trust, was founded in 1999 by Mr. J. Devadas Nayagam.
The college is recognised by the Government of Tamilnadu vide L. No. 33237/J1/97 dated 29.12.1997 and is approved by the All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi vide F.No. 732 - 52 - 151 (NDEG)/ET/99 dated 13.08.1999.
The University of Madras granted provisional affiliation to the college vide L. No. A11/RM/MCE/BE/2000/1540 dated 31.05.2000. Consequent to the GO (Ms) No. 25, Higher Education (K2) Department dated 23.01.2002 of the Government of Tamilnadu, bringing all engineering colleges in the state under Anna University, Anna University granted affiliation to the Magna College of Engineering vide Lr. No. : CEP/Affl/MCE/2001 - 2002 dated 13.08.2002.
The college is a Christian minority un - aided engineering college.
Magna College of Engineering is a profound institution with the vision of developing qualified and competent professionals.
- To plan, build and sustain infrastructural facilities including human resources, so as to provide a healthy environment of learning which would support discovery and dissemination of knowledge among the members.
- To offer academic education as well as career education.
- To guide the students to shape their capabilities for acquiring applicable knowledge and problem solving skills.
- To instil in the students an appreciation of the growing need to be part of a global work force and to meet economic competitiveness.
- To enlarge the curricular and co-curricular services by adding a cultural dimension of beliefs and values which would influence the student?s academic efforts.