Eligibility Criteria For Admission
HPB (Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary) Surgery
Eligibility For Admission:
Candidates seeking admission must have an MS/DNB degree in General Surgery.
How To Apply For Admission
MD & M.Ch
Applicants seeking admissions can access the website of Institute of Liver and Biliary to submit their application form. The application fee is INR 2500/- for the courses other than Doctor of Philosophy for which the application fees is INR 500/-.
The fees can be paid through any of the modes- Net Banking/Debit/Credit cards. The bank details for which the fees needs to be deposited is given below to initiate admission process:
- Bank name- Corporate Bank
- IFSC Code- CORP0000538
Points to be noted:
- The applicants for in-service applicants seeking admissions for sponsored seats would be taken through a paper channel and the payment of fees can be made through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Cards.
- The application fees would not be refunded in any case
- The applicants seeking admissions are advised to apply for 2 courses accordingly to avoid the clash of timings of Entrance exam. So, one course of morning shift exam and one for evening shift can be applied as the timings would not be same.
MD & M.Ch
All the applications will be checked by the Institute and then eligible applicants seeking admissions would be called as per the marks obtained in the entrance exam for admission.
The selection procedure for DM/M.Ch./PDCC is mentioned below:
- First, there would be an objective type test for aptitude and merit and the weight age would be 70%. This test would be of 100 MCQ and duration will be 90 minutes. The qualifying marks would be 50%.
- Second, there would be departmental assessment and final interview of weight age 30%.
- Third, Director’s Interview will be conducted
- Then, final result will be declared
In case, any 2 or more applicants seeking admissions obtains same marks in the Entrance test then below mentioned procedure will be followed:
- The applicants seeking admission who cleared MD/MS/DNB/MBBS with minimum attempts would be given preference.
- Applicants seeking admissions who secured higher marks in MD/MD/DNB would be preferred.
- Applicants seeking admissions securing higher marks in final MBBS exam would be preferred.
- Applicants seeking admission of elder age securing higher marks in Medicine in MBBS exam in respective specialties will be preferred.
Note: The applicants seeking admissions have to submit their mark sheet of MBBS/MS/MD in the case of same marks obtained by 2 applicants seeking admissions or more.
The selection procedure for Ph.D. is given below:
- First, the entrance exam would be conducted containing 100 MCQ of 100 marks covering the syllabus relating to subjects till masters level. The applicants seeking admissions need to secure 50% marks to qualify the same.
- Secondly, the following applicants seeking admissions are called for interview of 100 marks that is distributed as:
- Students seeking admission who have cleared NET exam and possess their valid JRF fellowship (30 Marks)
- Students seeking admission with past minimum 6 months research experience (20 marks)
- Research presentation for 10 minutes (10 Marks)
- Interaction with faculty followed by Interview (40 Marks)
For any other details, applicants seeking admissions may contact the Institute:
Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences (ILBS), D-1, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070, Tel 011-46300000, Email [email protected], Website www.ilbs.in