About HR College of Economics and Commerce:
It was the historic day of June 20, 1960 that saw the doors of Bombay’s newest College of Commerce & Economics open wide at dawn. The city, back then, wasn’t so populated, and the Principal wondered if he would have enough students to fill his classes.It shows that classes filled up soon enough!Located on 123 Dinshaw Wachha Road, at the intersection of the road that faces the University of Mumbai, with its imposing clock tower, the College was founded on idealism.
- Affiliated to the prestigious University of Mumbai, since its inception in 1960
- H.R. College of Commerce & Economics has an enrollment of more than 6000 students in its degree as well as in its junior college, with an equal number of boys and girls.
- Emphasis on faculty development, academia-industry linkages, internationalization and on student empowerment.
- The College has achieved excellent academic standards, while simultaneously creating opportunities for the all around development of students through sports and cultural activities. By transferring the responsibility of learning on to the learner, the College empowers students and fosters young leaders.
- H.R. College was the first college in Maharashtra to be accredited ‘A’ grade with a score of 87.95% by the NAAC (National Assessment & Accreditation Council) under the revised scheme for 2002. In 2008, HR College was awarded an ‘A’ Grade by NAAC once again with a CGPA of 3.46; NAAC has awarded H.R. College with a CGPA of 3.72 on a scale of 4, the highest CGPA in India under the revised scheme and the highest score in Maharashtra till date.
- Preparing students for life and work in an information-rich, technology-driven world
- Connecting and building partnerships with the corporate sector and non-profit making communities to pursue its educational mission
- Ensuring the future success of both the college and its stakeholders.
- The College also has the unique distinction of having received autonomy in 2007 from the University Grants Commission (UGC), making it the first college in the 150-year history of the University Mumbai to have achieved this feat. The College will implement autonomy in due course.
- The college strives for excellence in teaching and learning at undergraduate / postgraduate levels.
- The college is the first among four colleges in the University of Mumbai to be sanctioned BVoc by UGC.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Commerce - Accounting & Finance (BAF)
- Bachelor of Commerce - Banking & Insurance (BBI)
- Bachelor of Commerce - Financial Markets (BFM)
- Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
- Bachelor of Vocation (BVoc)
- Master of Commerce (MCom)
- Doctorate in Commerce (PhD)
- Advanced Diploma in Advertising, Sales Promotion & Sales Management
- Advanced Diploma in Tourism & Travel Management
- Advanced Diploma in Tax Procedures & Practices
- Address:Vidyasagar Principal K.M Kundnani Chowk,123 Dinshaw Wachha Road,Churchgate Mumbai 400 020 India.
- Tel: +91 22 22876115 / 22042195,
- Fax: +91 22 22810758,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hrcollege.edu