Scholarships are awarded by Panjab University, Chandigarh to meritorious students from affiliated colleges, securing university positions.
Mittal–Pandey Scholarship (For Girls) is awarded by Nehru Sidhant Kender Trust on the basis of merit, to four students of 1st year BA/B. Sc./B. Com. who have secured more than 60% marks in 10+2 class and the income of their parents does not exceed Rs. 2 Lac per annum. A sum of Rs. 6,000/– is given every year as scholarship to pay the fees. For the scholarship to continue, the student has to obtain more than 60% marks in each class.
Guru Harkrishan Educational Society, Chandigarh (Regd.) awards scholarships to needy students studying in professional / vocational courses on the basis of merit, financial as well as physical disability status. Students who have obtained minimum 60% marks in the previous examination and whose parents income does not exceed Rs. 7,000/– p.m. (Exclusive of HRA and fixed medical allowance) are eligible to apply. The scholarship is valid at tuition fee+ a minimum of 25% of tuition fee subject to a maximum of Rs. 600/– per month and is available for the full term of the course subject to fulfilment of the above conditions and the student has to apply afresh each year.
Riots Victim Scholarship is awarded to students who are from riot hit families and have been issued the Red Card by Punjab State Government.
Scholarship for Backward Classes is awarded to students belonging to backward classes who have passed the previous examination with atleast 40% marks and the family income should be less than Rs. 1 lac per annum.
Scholarship for Scheduled Castes/Tribes is awarded to students from schedules castes/scheduled tribes securing atleast 40% marks in lower examination and their family income should not exceed Rs. 2.5 Lac per annum.
Freeship to students from economically weaker sections:
As per the instructions issued by Panjab University, students from economically weaker sections will get a concession in tuition fees on the basis of merit (5% of the total number). To get Freeship benefits, the student will have to fulfill the following conditions:
- She should have passed the lower examination in first attempt and secured minimum 60% marks. The copy of the passing certificate should be attached with the admission form and original certificate to be produced at the time of admission.
- Family income of the student from all sources should not exceed Rs. 2 Lac per annum. A certificate of income issued by a competent authority (Tehsildar/ SDM/Employer) should be produced as a proof. A copy of which should be attached with the application form.
- A detailed certificate showing the income from all sources duly attested by Magistrate should also be attached with the form. In case of holding or giving wrong information about income, the admission of the student will be cancelled.
- For getting benefit of Freeship in the coming academic years, a science student should get 60% marks and students from other faculties 55% marks in the Annual Examinations.
Our outstanding students were awarded a lot many scholarships in this academic session.
- Eighty-seven students of the college were awarded scholarship worth Rs. 10,544,67/- under the SC Scholarship Scheme.
- Four college students were rewarded Merit Scholarship worth 8000/- each by College Development Council, Panjab University Chandigarh on 14th August, 2014
- On the occasion of 125th Birth celebration of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru on 10th November, 2014 Mittal Pandey Scholarship worth Rs. 6000/- each was given to 12 students of the college.
- Five students were awarded scholarship worth Rs. 15,000/- each under the Senior Citizen Scholarship scheme on 12th January, 2015.