Government Ramnarayan Chellaram College of Commerce and Management was established in the year 1948 in Poorna Prasad Building on Race Course Road as an Intermediate College and later shifted to the present colossal stone heritage building in the year 1952. The College having completed 67 years of existence, located on a campus area of 4 acres. It has reached many milestones through its pioneering journey aiming to be a Premiere Institution of Commerce and Management. With the launch of MBA the college was renamed as Government R.C. College of Commerce and Management in the year 2003. It is re -accredited by NAAC with B Grade and is recognized under 2(f) and 12 (b) of the UGC. It is recognized as the Centre of Excellence by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka.
1. Has excellent teaching faculty consisting of 36 dedicated Permanent faculty and 53 Guest Faculty. Of them 6 are PhD’s and 18 M.Phil’s and most of them are actively pursuing research.
2. All the departments have separate labs like Business lab, Language Lab and well equipped Computer labs, which are developed over years.
3. The college has made a name for its commitment and hence the strength of the college is regularly increasing, that has reached 3500 this year.
4. The result of the college is very rewarding. It is well above the university average and the proportion of students with distinction is quite high. The result of post graduate courses is also very impressive. Very often university toppers are from our college. This year M.Com and M.F.A. departments have bagged 5 ranks.
5. The college has emerged as a cultural center, which organizes cultural activities. These are some of the eagerly awaited events in the Bangalore city itself. A group of Stalwarts and eminent people in the respective cultural fields have participated in the programme
6. The college is struggling towards achieving the overall development of students, hence organizes many programmes like personality development programme, training students for competitive examinations and others.
The mission of the college is “Student Empowerment through equity and inclusion rooted in quality education”
To Provide Environment conducive to holistic learning where students emerge as Quality centric, socially viable, globally employable, potential growth catalysts, nurturing intrinsic values, searching relentlessly for new competencies.
Vidya- Para- Devata-
Knowledge is Supreme