- Schedule Caste Scholarships
- Backward Class Scholarship
- Bad Pocket Scholarship for ALC (Actual Line of Control) and RBA (Resident of Backward Area) category students.
- Scholarship for Physically disabled Students.
- Rajan Puri Memorial Scholarship is given to 2 students who stand first in B.A./B . Sc. Part – I and III in Govt. Maulana Azad Memorial College, Jammu. These scholarships are provided out of the interest from the income annually. These Scholarships have been instituted by Prof . M. R. Puri, former Vice – Chancellor, University of Jammu in the memory of his beloved Son, Late Mr. Rajan Puri who was a student of this college.
- Suraiya Faiz Memorial Endowment : This endowment is instituted by Dr. William Riberio. The extension lectures are organized by inviting scholars in the subject of Geography . Moreover, books are also purchased out of the annual earnings of the endowment.
- Merit cum Poverty Scholarship by Sitawanti Sareen Chariable Trust (Regd.) H.NO. 108/3 Trikuta Nagar, Jammu
- UGC (University Grants Commission) Stipends for SC (Scheduled Caste), ST (Scheduled Tribe), OBC (Other Backward Class) and EB (Economic Backward) class students: The grant allocated by University Grant Commission, if any is equally divided amongst all the eligible students of these categories.
Other scholarships are National Scholarship and National Loan Scholarship. A senior faculty member is incharge of the Scholarship and financial assistance. A Separate notification is issued concerning submission of application forms.
The grant and the continuance of the Scholarship is Subject to the following conditions:
- Regular Attendence.
- Satisfactory Conduct.
- Production of Income Certificate /Other Certificate as and when required.
- Attested copy of the State Subject Certificate.
Scholarship shall be drawn only for the following periods:
- Academic Session.
- Sanctioned Holidays and Sundays
- Permissible leave
Applications for scholarships are scrutinized by a Committee of teachers who recommend the cases of deserving candidates to the Principal.
Students applying for scholarships are required to submit the following:
- Father’s / Guardian’s name and occupation.
- Attested copies of State Subject Certificate.
- Testimonials, if any
Students from distant places are advised to bring the above mentioned certificate at the time of submission of application form.
Parents/ Guardian of the student applying for any scholarship must give an undertaking that in case their ward participates in strike or any other subversive activity, he/ she will refund the amount of the scholarships received, in one installment.