The following functions/schemes are carried out/implemented by the directorate:
- Release of Grants to Goa University
- Establishment of Government Colleges in remote and backward areas
- Establishment of non-govt colleges
- Assistance under Higher Education Promotion Fund (HEPF)
- GEDC for implementation of Interest-Free Educational Loan Scheme
- Goa Scholars
- Annuity contribution to Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation
- Centrally sponsored scheme
- Cyberage Students scheme
The university has many scholarships offered to the students. Some of them are as follows:
- Emeritus fellowship of Rs. 20000 P.M
- Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship of Rs. 8000 P.M for 1st two years and Rs. 10000 P.M for the 3rd and the 4th year.
- JRF and SRF for foreign nationals of Rs. 12000 and Rs. 14000
- PDF for SC/ST candidates of Rs. 25000 for the 1st two years and Rs. 30000 PM after two years.
- BRF fellowships of Rs. 14000 PM and Rs. 16000 PM for GATE qualified candidates and many more scholarships.