Infrastructure Facilities at Dr. B R Ambedkar Open University, [BRAOU] Hyderabad:
- Located on a panoramic, elevated site of 53.63 acres in Jubilee Hills, the University has impressive buildings, green lawns and tree-lined roads that enhance the scenic beauty of the rocks all around.
- The campus has the Administrative and Support Services Block, Guesthouse, CSTD & GRADE building, Academic Branch, Science & Technology Multifunctional Labs (STML), AVPRC and Library building, Study Material House, an extensive Open Plaza, a Conference Hall, Centre for Learner Services, Vice-Chancellor’s Lodge and an Auditorium named after Late Sri Bhavanam Venkatram, Former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh who was instrumental in establishing this University.
- The KU band Earth Station is located on the University Campus.
- There are laboratories in the Science Faculty for providing hands-on training to Science Students of Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Botany, Zoology and Environmental Sciences.
- The Science Practicals are now conducted at the Science and Technology Multi-Functional Lab (STML) building on the campus.
- A new E-class room with built-in technological facilities has been added to the existing civil structures.
- The Narla Memorial Library is also housed in the Academic Building. A Multimedia Lab, Two Synergy Halls, a well-furnished Faculty Room and a Language Lab have also been set up in the Academic Building.
- Serves the teachers, non-teaching staff and research scholars of the University through its well-trained library professionals.
- It provides a variety of services like documentation, reference, lending of books to its clientele, inter-institutional loans, etc.
- Study Centres also have attached library cells to serve the needs of a widely scattered student population.
At present, the Central Library and Study Centre Libraries have a collection of:
- 1,47,225 books and non-book material in different languages.
- It subscribes to 20 newspapers( English newspapers 8, Telugu 8, Hindi 1 and Urdu 3).
- 153 journals (123 Indian and 30 foreign) for the Central Library.
- The library has acquired a gift of over 18,000 books from the late Sri Narla Venkateswara Rao, an eminent Journalist and Parliamentarian.
- 1765 books on distance education were gifted by the late Prof. G. Ram Reddy, an eminent educationist, founder Vice-Chancellor of the university.
- Prof.V.S.Prasad former Vice-chancellor of this University donated his personal collection of 700 books to Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Open University Library.
IT Enabled Services:
- All the in-house operations of the Library are computerised.
- The Library database(including the Endowment Libraries) is accessible to all the academic departments of the University through the Local Area Network(LAN).
- The Central Library has an Internet facility.
- The library is equipped with CCTV Surveillance system and Electronic Article Surveillance.
- The Computer Centre has facilities for storing, retrieving and updating all the data pertaining to the students.
- This helps in streamlining dispatch of material, the publication of results for awarding degrees, diplomas and certificates.