About Darjeeling Government College, [DGC] Darjeeling
Darjeeling Government College as it stands today since 5th August, 1948, has traversed a long way in serving the community. Darjeeling is very fortunate to have a government college of this stature and potentiality in this district town.
The college is situated at the foothills of the eastern sub-himalayan region at an altitude of 2134 meters. It stands on the Leblong Cart Road near the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park and the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute. At the place where the college stands today in its full stature, previously stood St. Michael's School. A new Science and Geography Block along with a new chamber of the Principal have been added to the existing structure without disturbing its original structural identity.
- Department of Nepali
- Department of English
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Geography
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Bengali
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
Important Notice to students seeking Admission
- Admission in Darjeeling Government College is made strictly on the basis of merit. Only those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria fixed by the college authority and the North Bengal University will be admitted. Candidates not fulfilling the eligibility criteria for admission should not apply.
Therefore candidates should not be misled by false promises of admission made by any private individual, outsider or other agency. Students need to pay only the prescribed admission fees fixed by the college. No extra money will be charged from the candidates for admission in anyway by the college. Any candidate found to tamper this rule would forfeit the admission even after being admitted. Both the candidate as well as the person indulging in such activities will be subject to legal action
- Students should not get themselves admitted simultaneously in different institutions. In such an event, they will run the risk of having their admission cancelled in all concerned institutions and their University Registration will be cancelled.
- The Candidate should retain the prospectus with them throughout the course of their study in the college.
All The Admissions Are Provisional Until The Receipt Of The Registration Certificate From The University
- For admission to the 1st Year Degree Course (honours and General) a student must have passed 10+2 recognized course of the study
- Candidate must have passed in at least five subjects with English as a compulsory subject.
- For admission to the Honours course a candidate must have obtained at least 45% marks in aggregate and 45% in the relevant subject in which Honours is sought.
- 40% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in the subject for Honours course.
- For SC/ST candidates 40% in aggregate and 40% marks in the subject concerned.
- Reservation for SC/ST candidates will be made as per the existing Government Rules.
- A Student failing to meet the eligibility criteria need not fill up the application forms.
- Having requisite qualifying marks does guarantee admission as the number of seats are limited which is fixed by the University depending on the available infrastructure of the college.
- Admissions are made strictly on the basis of merit.
- A candidate will not be allowed to take up any subject in B.Sc., if the candidate has not passed in the corresponding subject(s) in the Higher Secondary level.
- A candidate willing to take up Physics must have passed in Physics and Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
- For taking Geography as one of the subject combinations a candidate must have passed Geography in the qualifying examination.
- For Economics Honours, a candidate must have passed in Mathematics or Business Economics including Business Mathematics in the qualifying examination.
- No student will be allowed to take up more than one of the following as Elective subject.:
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. +91 0354 2254019 / 2254078 / 2254316
Fax: +91 0354 2254078
E-mail: [email protected]