B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology Facilities
Infrastructure Facilities at BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai:
The campus is a longish trapezium in shape about 50 acres in extent with the axis East West and the Western side abutting the Grand Trunk Road, and the northern side abutting a 50 feet road to Kelambakkam connecting the Grand Southern Trunk Road. Campus is a sloping one from the G.S.T Road down towards the South East. Some of the facilities provided by BS Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology are mentioned below:
- The institute is located in the Seethakathi Estate, Vandalur, Chennai, on the GST Road (Chennai-Trichy National Highway NH 45), seven kilometers from Tambaram Railway Station, 30 kilometers from Chennai Moffusil Bus Terminus (Koyambedu) and 17 kilometers from the Chennai International Airport.
- It is situated right next to Anna Zoological Park (Vandalur Zoo) and is spread over 64 acres of greenery along the GST road.
- Unhindered Access To Disabled Persons
- Institute have 2 Medical Centre – 10-bed for Men’s and 6-bed for Women’s - with 24x7 residential doctors and staff nurses. Medical Centre has all Medical facility like General ward, Ambulance with a 24x7 driver, first aid kit and necessary equipment for any emergency purpose.
- Campus have 2 prayer halls, one in Men’s Hostel and another in Institute campus. For Women, we have a separate prayer hall in Hostel, Convention Centre & Community Hall.
- Solar Water heaters in Hostels and staff quarters – installed capacity 42500 liters.
- A Biogas plant of 50m3 capacity for Ladies Hostel is commissioned in June 2017. The food waste collected from the hostel mess and canteen is recycled in the biogas plant.
- The whole campus covered with 100% WIFI Facility.
- After initial treatment, the water is further treated by Reverse Osmosis (RO) plants before supplied for drinking purpose.
- The Central Library of B.S.Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology has huge collections in the field of Science, Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, Law, Management, and Humanities.
- The Library functions 16 hours in a day (08.00 am to 12.00 midnight), Saturdays and Sundays also the library is working.
- The Library is member of DELNET (Developing Library Network), MALIBNET (Madras Library Network), British Council Division, Anna University - Chennai, American Information Resource Centre and Structural Engineering Resource Centre (SERC), Chennai.
- The Library is subscribing online journals such as ASCE, ASME, IEEE, EBSCO Art & Architecture, EBSCO Business Source Complete, Royal Society of Chemistry, SAE International and SPRINGER publications. All these resources can be accessed anywhere in the world by 24x7 through INFED access.
- The Library has the facility to check plagiarism through Turnitin. Library conducts 'Annual Book Exhibition', regularly, which enable our staff, research scholars and students to go through hundreds of titles of their area of interest under one roof.
- 400 M Athletic Track with full equipment and Gallery facilities - 1
- Football ground - 1
- Hockey ground - 1
- Volley Ball Courts - 2
- Basket Ball Courts - 1 ( Floodlight facilities )
- Ball Badminton Courts - 2
- Badminton Court (Outdoor) - 2
- Tennis Courts - 2
- Cricket Practice Pitch (Concrete) - 1
- Swimming Pool (25 M Length x 12 M) - 1
- 16 station gymnasium with weight lifting Equipment) - 1
- Swimming Pool (25m length) - 1
- Indoor Halls with a facility to play Table Tennis, Carrom - 2 and Chess (for Men & Women Separately)
- Institute we have 2 Medical Centre – 10-bed for Men’s and 6-bed for Women’s - with 24x7 residential doctors and staff nurses.
- Medical Centre has all Medical facility like General ward, Ambulance with a 24x7 driver, first aid kit and necessary equipment for
any emergency purpose.
- Our Institute vehicles and laboratories also have a First Aid kit box.
- A tie-up with AG Hospital in Tambaram is in place for further treatments.
- Computing Facilities
- Hostel Facilities
- Health Centre
- Convention Centre
- Staff Quarters
- Transport Services
- Banking Facilities