Here are the details:
Duration : Three academic years - six semesters, each of 16 weeks.
Eligibility : Pass in 10 + 2 or equivalent with two Bio-Science subjects. Chemistry and Biology with any other subjects.
Attendance : 75% attendance is a must for registering for the Bengaluru University examination.
Employment Opportunities :
- Project assistants in research Institutions.
- Project trainees in research and development units.
- Quality as surance in Foodindustry / Distillery / Brewery / Pharmaceuticals / Cosmetics / Fertilizeretc.
- Member in agencies involved in health and environment surveillance and clinical research programmes.
- Self employment in Mushroom cultivation/SCP production/Food Processing/ Beverage production /Tissue culture laboratories etc.
- Can work as diagnost of genetically inherited diseases.
- Can work in forensic science laboratories employing techniques such as DNA finger printing.
- Can work as genetic counsellors