About Bimala Prasad Chaliha College, Nagaon
B. P. Chaliha College, Nagarbera was born in an auspicious moment in the year 1972 in the sylvan setting of Nagarbera, embraced by the sweet flowing river Jaljali on the eastern side and a vast expanse of green field on the western side. The College was aptly named after the Ex-Chief Minister Late Bimala Prasad Chaliha, an iIIustrious son and an architect of modern Assam. The College is situated on the south west corner of Kamrup district, presently extending its grasp over two other neighboring districts - Barpeta and Goalpara. In addition to catering to the need of higher education in Kamrup district, it also promotes knowledge and skill among the vast mass of socio-economically disadvantaged people of greater Nagarbera area. The College strives to achieve excellence in every possible human endeavour.
- Department of English
- Department of Assamese
- Department of Economics
- Department of History
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Education
- Department of Arabic
- Department of Geography
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Zoology
- Department of Botany
(i) Higher Secondary Course :A candidate must pass HSLC Examination of the Board of Secondary Education, Assam or equivalent examination recognised by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
(ii) Three Years Degree Course : A candidate must pass Higher Secondary Examination of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council or equivalent examination recognised by Gauhati University.
Free admission into TDC 1st year (Science) and HS 1st year (Science) to a few meritorious & Poor students will be given.
(i) Application for admission to the College should be made in the prescribed form within stipulated date. Prospectus and form may be collected in advance from the College Office on payment of Rs. 150/- (one hundred fifty) only
(ii)Admission will be strictly on the basis of merit. The candidates selected should get themselves admitted on the specified date of admission, failing which they will forfeit the claim.
(iii)Few seats in each class are reserved for the students belonging to SC/ST(P)/ST(H)/OBC/MOBC as per Govt. Rule.
(iv)Few seats in each class are reserved for the physically handicapped students and students having outstanding proficiency in sports, music & culture, N.C.C. etc.
(v)The following original documents should be produced at the time of interview/admission :
- Marks sheets of the qualifying examination(s).
- Character certificate from the Head of the institution last attended.
- Age proof certificate.
- Gap certificate for those who have passed the qualifying examination earlier than the current year Council/University other than AHSEC/GU.
- Migration certificate for those who are migrating from a Board.
- Transfer certificate for those who like to take transfer from other institute to this College.
- Certificate of proficiency from competent authority (where necessary). Medical certificate for physically handicapped students.
- Two copies of recent passport size photograph.
(vi) Application must be furnished along with the photostat copies of the required documents (attested by the head of the institution last attended).
(vii) Incomplete application form will be rejected.
Re-admission for students :
A Student promoted to 2nd year H.S. Class and 2nd or 3rd year TDC class shall have to take re-admission by depositing necessary fees at the Office on a date to be notified by the Principal usually within 15 days from the declaration of the result.
Admission to unsuccessful students :
1st year students of H.S. and TDC of the College who fail to get promoted to the next higher classes shall apply for admission along with the fresh candidates. They will not get any preferential treatment for the admission to the College.Students detained in a class for two consecutive years will not be admitted to the regular classes of the College. Unsuccessful candidates of H.S. (Final), TDC (Part i/ii/iii) examination will be admitted as casual students only
- Only for those students whose names are not registered in A.H.S.E.C. & G.U. are to pay registration fee.
- Excursion fees to be collected by the department as and when necessary.
- Env Studies fees applicable for H.S. 1st year and TDC 2nd year students.
- On selection, a student will be permitted to take up Major in certain subject on payment of Rs. 50/ (Subject without Practical) and Rs 100/ (Subject with Practical) in B.A. & B.Sc.
- A Student has to pay Laboratory fees (where necessary) @ Rs. 150/per subject for H.S. and @ Rs. 300/- per subject for TDC courses.
- Tuition fees for TDC (Arts) Major and TDC (Sc.) Major are Rs. 70/- & 80/ – respectively
- Students who will take computer science as a subject at degree level (General Course) have to pay anadditional fee of rupees three thousand (Rs. 3,000/-) only
- Students who will take computer science as subject at H.S. level have to pay an additional fee of rupees five hundreed (Rs 500/-) only
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : 03623-245001
Fax : 03623-245001
E-mail : [email protected]