Magadh University is the largest university in Bihar. Magadh University PG College List lists out 19 colleges providing PG courses in over 31 specializations.
Magadh University PG college list makes it easier to choose the right college for candidates applying to PG programs. There are over 19 colleges listed out in Magadh University PG college list offering 31 various courses for specialization.
Table of Contents
- Magadh University PG College List
- Courses Offered by MU PG Colleges
- Admission Criteria
- Selection Process
List of Magadh University PG Colleges
Magadh University is one of the largest universities in Bihar with its 19 constituent and about 39 affiliated colleges, 1 Engineering college, 2 Law colleges and 2 Dental colleges. Magadh University has spread its wings over the districts of Gaya, Nawada, Jehanabad, Arwal and, Aurangabad. Below mentioned is the Magadh University PG college list.
- A.M College, Gaya
- A.N.S College, Nabinagar
- Daudnagar College, Daudnagar
- Gaya College, Gaya
- Gautam Buddha Mahila College, Gaya
- Jagjiwan College, Gaya
- K.L.S College, Nawada
- Kishori Sinha Mahila College, Aurangabad
- Rajendra Memorial Womens College, Nawada
- R.L.S.Y College, Aurangabad
- S.B.A.N College, Darhatllari
- S.D. College, Kaler
- S.N.S. College, Tekari
- S.N.S. College, Jehanabad
- S.N.S College, Warisaliganj
- S.S. College, Jehanabad
- S.N. Sinha College, Aurangabad
- S.M.S.G College, Sherghati
- T.S. College, Hisua
PG Courses Offered by Magadh University
Magadh University provides post graduate programs in various specializations. Candidates need to submit the online application form mentioning the opted course for PG program. The table given below depicts all the PG courses provided by Magadh University.
- M.A. in Ancient Indian & Asian Studies
- M.A. in Buddhist Studies
- M.A. in Economics
- M.A. in English
- M.A. in Geography
- M.A. in Hindi
- M.A. in History
- M.A. in Home Science
- M.A. in Labour & Social Welfare
- M.A. in Magahi
- M.A. in Pali & Prakrit
- M.A. in Persian
- M.A. in Philosophy
- M.A. in Political Science
- M.A. in Psychology
- M.A. in Public Administration
- M.A. in Sanskrit
- M.A. in Sociology
- M.A. in Urdu
- M.A. in Women Studies
- M.Sc. in Botany
- M.Sc. in Chemistry
- M.Sc. in Mathematics
- M.Sc. in Physics
- M.Sc. in Zoology
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry
- M.Sc. in Bio-Technology
- M.Sc. in Environmental Science
- Masters in Library & Information Science
- Masters in Rural Development Management
Magadh University PG Courses Admission Criteria
Ensuring acceptability is a prerequisite for applying to various post-graduate courses offered by Magadh University. Candidates found ineligible are likely to be disqualified at any stage during or after the admission process. Given below are the eligibility criteria prescribed for Magadh University PG courses.
- The applicants must have secured at least 50% marks in their respective bachelors’ degree.
- If the applicant does not have a Bachelor Honours degree, his/her relative merit in comparison, to the applicants with an Honours degree, is judged to be 10% lesser.
- Subjects in which candidates with Honours degree / Pass are unavailable, the candidates with allied students are treated equivalent to possessing an Honours degree in the concerned subjects. The decision regarding the allied subjects rests with the equivalence committee of Magadh University.
Selection Process for Magadh University PG Admission
The admission is granted based on applicants’ performance in the graduation degree exams. Magadh University prepares a merit list of candidates based on the marks secured in concerned subjects at the graduation level. After selection, the candidates have to get admitted to the concerned course and college within the notified time. Failure to do so leads to the cancellation of the concerned candidate’s admission.