KVPY Scholarship 2022
KVPY is a landmark for the aspirants pursuing a career in the science & research field. Since the advantages of the KVPY exam are enormous, the exam will be difficult, so aspirants should start preparing for this exam right after the class 10 exam. Applicants can appear multiple times for the exam to secure a KVPY scholarship. All the efforts made are worth the pain after acquiring the prestige of the KVPY scholarship 2021-22.
- KVPY has been merged with INSPIRE by the Department of Science and Technology.
- The KVPY Aptitude Test will no longer be held after 2022.
Table of Contents
- KVPY Scholarship Highlights
- KVPY Scholarship Eligibility
- KVPY Scholarships and Awards
- KVPY Scholarship Renewal
- KVPY Summer Program
- Benefits of KVPY Scholarships
KVPY Scholarship Highlights
KVPY scholarships are eligible for students who clear the KVPY aptitude test and the interview. To be eligible for the KVPY fellowship, both aptitude tests and interview marks are considered.
Scholars can avail of the fellowship from August 2022. These KVPY fellowships are valid up to the pre-PhD level for selected KVPY fellows/scholars.
|Exam Name||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana|
|Conducting Authority||Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru|
|KVPY Scholarship Registration||12th July to 6th September 2021|
|KVPY Scholarship Amount (SA, SB/SX)||
|KVPY Exam Scholarship Validity||Up to Pre Ph.D. Level|
|Contact number||(080) 22932975 / 76, 23601008, 22933536|
|Helpdesk Email||[email protected]|
KVPY Scholarship Eligibility
The interview panel will recommend the provisional student list in the order of merit for the KVPY scholarship 2021-22. The merit list will be based on the marks obtained by a candidate. The minimum eligibility is 75% of the marks in the aptitude test and 25% of the marks in the interview.
The eligibility criteria to avail of the KVPY fellowship includes,
SA (11th Standard)
- General and OBC Cut-off: 44 marks out of 100
- SC/ST Cut-off: 32 marks out of 100
- PwD Cut-off: 32 marks out of 100
SX (12th Standard)
- General and OBC Cut-off: 59 marks out of 100
- SC/ST Cut-off: 43 marks out of 100
- PwD Cut-off: 43 marks out of 100
SB (First Graduate Standard)
- General and OBC Cut-off: 49 marks out of 100
- SC/ST Cut-off: 33 marks out of 100
- PwD Cut-off: 33 marks out of 100
KVPY Scholarships and Awards
KVPY offers two fellowship grants in the basic sciences field for students enrolled in various courses. Every year around 97,000 students are shortlisted to appear for the KVPY exam out of which 3.4% of the students are eligible for the interview. Out of 3.4% of students who appeared in the interview, around 2000, i.e., 77% of students are awarded KVPY fellowship/scholarship.
The table shows the monthly scholarship amount of the KVPY exam.
|Basic Sciences (SA, SX, and SB)||Monthly Fellowship|
|First to third years of B.Sc, B.Stat, BS, B.Math, Integrated MS or M.Sc||INR 5,000|
|The fourth or fifth years of Integrated MS, M.Math, M.Sc, or M.Statistics||INR 7,000|
The table shows the annual grand offered to KVPY scholars.
|Basic Sciences (SA, SX, and SB)||Annual Contingency Grant|
|First three years of B.Sc, BS, B.Stat, B.Math, Integrated M.Sc, or MS||INR 20,000|
|Fourth and fifth years of integrated M.Sc, MS, M.Math, or M.Statistics||INR 28,000|
KVPY Scholarship Renewal
The fellow continues to study basic science courses in school, junior college, or university and maintains a minimum level of first-class academic performance or 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) of marks in aggregate or equivalent grade points.
The students have to necessarily pass all the subjects prescribed for the particular academic year (two semesters in the case of the semester system). They should have obtained the above-specified percentage of marks. In each academic year, the marks should be certified by the Dean or Head of the Institution.
Details pertaining to renewal and continuation of KVPY fellowship.
The KVPY scholarship 2021-22 will be discontinued if the above marks/grade is not obtained.
- The fellow should pass all the subjects and obtain greater than 60% ((50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in the subsequent years.
- The fellowship can be renewed only from that year onwards, again with the condition that the fellow should obtain 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) of marks in aggregate every year.
The scholarship is effective from 2012 awardees onwards. The student is eligible to receive the KVPY fellowship up to Pre-PhD level or five years, whichever is earlier.
Students should have participated and given satisfactory performance in the summer camp in the first year. Besides, students should have to submit summer projects every year for the renewal of the fellowship.
Stream Required for the Scholarship
KVPY Fellows who opt out of the basic science stream at any stage will forfeit the scholarship/fellowship and contingency grant forthwith.
The fellowship for the students selected under the stream SA/SX/SB will be started after the XII standard or first-year UG, only if they pursue an undergraduate course in basic sciences, i.e., B.Sc, BS, B.Stat, B.Math, or Int. M.Sc./M.S. in different related subjects.
The different related subjects are listed in the table below.
|Molecular Biology||Applied Physics|
KVPY Summer Program
Participation and satisfactory performance in the summer program every year from the second year of B.Sc, BS, B.Math, B.Stat, integrated M.Sc, or integrated MS is mandatory for KVPY scholarship renewal. The summer program should be taken in an academic institution of national, international reputation, or a DSIR approved research labs (in case of private lab or institutions).
The award of the KVPY fellowship will be subject to verification of the required documents.
In the case of SA/SX/SB candidates, the fellowship will be effective from 1st August 2022. Provided students must pursue an undergraduate course in basic sciences, namely B.Sc, BS, B.Math, B.Stat, or integrated M.Sc/MS in different subjects mentioned before.
Benefits of KVPY Scholarships
KVPY Scholar is one of India's prestigious scholarships, which helps students get direct admission to top institutes like IISc and the various IISERs.
Some of the other benefits of the KVPY scholarship exam are,
- KVPY scholars are awarded monthly and yearly stipends throughout their academic period, which can be expected to the pre-PhD level of study.
- If a student is a JEE aspirant, then the KVPY exam is a good opportunity to test their conceptual understanding and application of logic, which is the key to clear JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Besides, KVPY scholarship syllabus is same as JEE Main and Advanced.
- Since KVPY scholars are already qualified for top Indian institutes, students in class 11 will find less pressure in class 12 or JEE/NEET preparation.
- KVPY fellows/scholars are recognized as a hard worker with strong conceptual knowledge and problem-solving ability.
- Every KVPY scholar is eligible for free entry to all National libraries and science camps conducted in India.
I wanna know that I have just passed class 12 and now I am in 1 year of BSc. Can I apply for this exam?
Asked By: Anonymous 12 Sep 2020
Check out the KVPY Eligibility Criteria and make sure you satisfy all the necessary criteria before applying for the KVPY Exam.
Answer By: Getmyuni
01 Jan 1970