HSO Syllabus 2022
Humming Bird syllabus framed for the HSO exam is the prescribed syllabus of recognized education boards of India. HSO syllabus covers major concepts from biology: living and non-living organisms, cell structure, and the human body. Besides, HSO also covers physical measurements and environment-related topics.
Table of Contents
HSO 2022 Syllabus for Classes 1 to 10
The Humming Bird Science Olympiad exam is conducted for classes 1 to 12. The exam pattern is the same for all the classes. The question paper comprises 50 questions under 50 minutes in duration. Though it's multiple-choice questions, students should be more careful and precise while attempting the questions.
The table shows the syllabus for classes 1 to 10.
HSO Syllabus for Class 1
Given below is the syllabus for the class 1 science Olympiad.
- Living things around us (identification)
- Non-living things around us (identification)
- The food we eat (identification and taste)
- Clothes we wear (type and use)
- Drinking water & air (sources and uses)
- My family and relatives
- Everyday science
HSO Syllabus for Class 2
Given below is the syllabus for the class 2 science Olympiad.
- Living things around us (characteristics)
- Non-living things around us (characteristics)
- The food we eat (classification and properties)
- Clothes we wear (sources and properties)
- Drinking water & air (components and properties)
HSO Syllabus for Class 3
Given below is the syllabus for the class 3 science Olympiad.
- Characteristics of land animals
- Characteristics of aquatic animals
- Characteristics of birds
- Knowing plants
- Parts of the human body (identification)
- Our senses
- Chemicals around us (identification)
- Motion, transport, and travel
- Natural resources
- Keeping our environment clean
HSO Syllabus for Class 4
Given below is the syllabus for the class 4 science Olympiad.
- World of microorganisms
- Parts of the human body (uses and details)
- Joints and body movements
- Communication: our senses
- Chemicals around us (uses and properties)
- Forces in nature, work, and energy
- Our universe
- Our environment
HSO Syllabus for Class 5
Given below is the syllabus for the class 5 science Olympiad.
- Our eyes: a gift of God to humans
- Our heart: a life-controlling unit
- Nutrition and chemistry in everyday life
- Motion and measurement
- Work, power, and energy gravitation
- Our habitat
- Agriculture and farming
- Pollution: a global problem
HSO Syllabus for Class 6
Given below is the syllabus for the class 6 science Olympiad.
- Fibre to fabric
- Sorting materials into groups and separation of substances
- Measurement of distances, light, shadows, and reflections
- Food and components of food
- Changes around our surroundings
- Knowing plants and living organisms
- Body movements
- Water and air around us
- Garbage in and garbage out
HSO Syllabus for Class 7
Given below is the syllabus for the class 7 science Olympiad.
- Heat and light
- Physical and chemical changes
- Acids, bases, and salts
- Weather, climate, and adaptation of animals to climate, winds, storms, and cyclones
- Motion and time
- Electric current and its effects
- Soil water: a useful resource and wastewater
- Nutrition in plants and animals
- Respiration in organisms
- Transportation in animals and plants
- Reproduction in plants
HSO Syllabus for Class 8
Given below is the syllabus for the class 8 science Olympiad.
- Synthetic fibres and plastics
- Materials: metals and non-metals
- Coal and petroleum
- Combustion and flame
- Sound and light
- Force, pressure, and friction
- Chemical effects of electric current
- Some natural phenomena
- Stars and the solar system
- Crop production and its management
- Cell structure and functions
- Microorganisms: useful and harmful effects
- Animals reproduction
- Conservation of plants and animals
- Air and water pollution
HSO Syllabus for Class 9
Given below is the syllabus for the class 9 science Olympiad.
- Matter in our surroundings and matter around us in pure form
- Atoms, molecules, and structure of an atom
- The fundamental unit of life and tissues
- Diversity in living organisms
- Motion and force
- Laws of motion and gravitation
- Work, energy, and sound
- Why do we fall ill?
- Natural resources
- Improvement in food resources
HSO Syllabus for Class 10
Given below is the syllabus for the class 10 science Olympiad.
- Chemical reactions and equations
- Acid, bases, and salts
- Periodic classification of elements
- Metals and non-metals
- Carbon and its compounds
- Life processes
- Control and coordination
- How do organisms reproduce?
- Heredity and evolution
- Light-reflection, refraction, the human eye, and colourful world
- Electricity and magnetic effects of current and sources of energy
- Our environment and management of natural resources
Steps to Download HSO Syllabus
HSO syllabus for classes 11 and 12 will be the same as their academic syllabus. For classes 1 to 10, the syllabus includes topics from school boards and concepts discussed below.
Besides, students can get the syllabus book from the official website by following the steps mentioned below.
- After successful registration, students can log in to the official website or download the HummingBird learning app.
- Log in to the student's corner, using the HSO registration id as a username and password.
- Students can view the e-books, HSO workbooks, and syllabus materials.