The exam is conducted for the post of Primary and Post-primary Teachers in the Govt. schools of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria before filling the application form of UPTET. The UPTET eligibility varies for different categories and includes the following conditions:
UPTET Eligibility based on Age limit
The candidates who are willing to appear for this exam must be between 18-35 years. However, there's relaxation for different categories. The Table below depicts the age eligibility for different classes:
UPTET Eligibility based on Nationality:
The applicants must satisfy the citizenship conditions of India. Also, the candidates from Nepal, Bhutan and Tibet are eligible for the exam.
If any candidate willing to improve the performance can fill the application form, and the UPTET certificate is valid for a period of 5 years.
UPTET Primary Teacher Eligibility:
The applicant should satisfy the following condition in order to become a primary teacher in Govt. schools in Uttar Pradesh-
- They should have secured 50% marks in 12th standard and 4 years diploma in B.EL.ED.
- Applicant should be a graduate with 2 years of B.T.C training or,
- Candidate should graduate/post graduate degree from NCTE/RCI recognised University with 2 years D.ED Diploma or,
- Candidate should be graduate with 2 Years BTC training in Hindi or Urdu.
UPTET Post-Primary Teachers Eligibility:
The applicant should satisfy the following condition in order to become a secondary teacher in Govt. schools in Uttar Pradesh-
- Applicant should be a graduate or post-graduate from the recognized institute NCTE with 50% of marks.
- Applicant should be a graduate with 2 years in BTC training.
- Applicant should secure 50% marks from the recognized university or institute and also should have 2 years of B.Ed diploma or
- Applicant should have 50% marks in 12th and 4 years of diploma in B.EL.ED. or B.S.C.D
Who are not eligible for UPTET?
The candidates who are not eligible for the exam :
- Those who didn't secure 50% marks in 12th class or equivalent.
- Those who are neither Indian nor they belonged to the above-specified countries.
- Candidates who have not completed their Graduation
UPTET Important Instructions:
The applicants who have a diploma in special education or D.ED is provided training for 6 months.
SC/ST/OBC candidates are provided relaxation of 5% in marks.
Candidates who possess a diploma from NCTE/RCI will be given preference.
The candidates After verifying their eligibility for the exam should proceed towards filling of the form. After application filling, the candidates must go through the UPTET Syllabus and then they should plan their preparation according to the syllabus.