Eligibility for the UPTET exam is decided by the UPBEB (Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board). Eligibility for Primary and Post-Primary teachers is different. Applicants should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility of UPTET.
UPTET 2021 Eligibility
UPTET exam 2021 is conducted for the post of Primary and Post-primary Teachers in the Govt. schools of Uttar Pradesh. Candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria before filling the UPTET 2021 online form. UPTET eligibility varies for different categories and includes the following conditions
UPTET 2021 Eligibility based on Age limit
Candidates who are willing to appear for this exam must be between 18-35 years. However, there's relaxation for different categories. The table below depicts the age eligibility for different classes:
UPTET 2021 Eligibility based on Nationality
Applicants must satisfy the citizenship conditions of India. Also, the candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet are eligible for the exam.
If any candidate willing to improve the performance can fill the application form, and the UPTET certificate is valid for a period of 5 years.
UPTET 2021 Primary Teacher Eligibility (Paper 1)
The applicant should satisfy the following condition in order to become a primary teacher in Govt. schools in Uttar Pradesh-
- They should have secured 50% marks in 12th standard and 4 years diploma in B.El.Ed.
- Applicant should be a graduate with 2 years of B.T.C training or,
- Candidate should graduate/post-graduate degree from NCTE/RCI recognized University with 2 years D.ED Diploma or,
- Candidate should be graduate with 2 Years BTC training in Hindi or Urdu.
UPTET 2021 Post-Primary Teachers Eligibility (Paper 2)
The applicant should satisfy the following condition in order to become a secondary teacher in Govt. schools in Uttar Pradesh-
- Applicant should be a graduate or post-graduate from the recognized institute NCTE with 50% of marks.
- The applicant should be a graduate with 2 years in BTC training.
- Applicant should secure 50% marks from the recognized university or institute and also should have 2 years of B.Ed diploma or
- Applicant should have 50% marks in 12th and 4 years of diploma in B.E|ED. or B.S|C.D
Who are not eligible for UPTET 2021?
Candidates who are not eligible for the exam :
- Those who didn't secure 50% marks in 12th class or equivalent.
- Those who are neither Indian nor they belonged to the above-specified countries.
- Candidates who have not completed their Graduation.
UPTET 2021 Important Instructions
- Applicants who have a diploma in special education or D.Ed are provided training for 6 months.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates are provided relaxation of 5% in marks.
- Candidates who possess a diploma from NCTE/RCI will be given preference.