Eligibility for an exam means the validation to participate in an examination. It includes different criteria right from the age of the candidate to its academic performance, stream, university/board, and more. In this section, we will discuss eligibility for the NDA 2021 exam. Candidates are advised to go thoroughly.
NDA 2021 Exam Eligibility
NDA 2021 exam will be conducted on Apr 18, 2021. NDA 2021 began accepting applications from Dec 30, 2020 and the last date to submit the application form was Jan 19, 2021. Candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility criteria for the NDA 2021 exam before applying.
Eligibility of NDA 2021 Exam
NDA 2021 eligibility criteria mainly include Nationality, Age Limit, Gender, Marital Status, Educational Qualifications, and Physical Standards.
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement.
Age Limit, Gender, and Marital Status
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than July 2, 2001, and not later than July 1, 2004, are eligible to appear for the NDA 2021 Examination.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: Passed class 12 examination conducted by a state education board or university.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 cadet entry scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Passed class 12 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a state education board or university.
- Candidates who are appearing in class 12 or equivalent examination can also apply for the exam.
- Candidates seeking admission to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy examination must be physically fit as per the physical standards set by the conducting authority.
- Candidates who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces are not eligible to apply for the NDA 2021 exam.