NDA 2022 eligibility is set by UPSC. It includes different criteria right from the age of the candidate to their academic performance, stream, university/board, and more. Candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria for the exam will be disqualified and their candidature will be cancelled. Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. In this section, we will discuss eligibility for NDA 2022 exam.
Latest Updates on UPSC NDA
- Sep 20, 2022: USPC NDA II 2022 result was declared on Sep 19, 2022, on the official website. Read More
Eligibility of NDA 2022 Exam
UPSC NDA 2022 exam will be conducted in two phases. Candidates must ensure that they satisfy all the eligibility criteria for the exam before applying. NDA 2022 eligibility criteria mainly include Nationality, Age Limit, Gender, Marital Status, Educational Qualifications, and Physical Standards.
The candidates should fulfil the nationality criteria for UPSC NDA 2022.
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugees who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanent settlement in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanent settlement.
Age Limit, Gender, and Marital Status
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than July 2, 2001, and not later than July 1, 2004, are eligible to appear for NDA 2022 Examination.
NDA 2022 Educational Qualifications
The educational qualification for UPSC NDA are mentioned below:
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: Passed class 12 examination conducted by a state education board or university.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: Passed class 12 or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a state education board or university.
Candidates who are appearing in class 12 or equivalent examinations can also apply for the exam.
NDA 2022 Physical Standards
The physical standards that need to be followed by the candidates for UPSC NDA exam are:
- Candidates seeking admission to the National Defence Academy and Naval Academy examinations must be physically fit as per the physical standards set by the conducting authority.
- Candidates who have resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of the Armed Forces are not eligible to apply for NDA 2022 exam.