Planning to do a Government job in the Indian Railways? The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) conducts the RRB Group D exam to appoint new employees across India for various posts in the railways. Read more about the eligibility criteria, application form dates and other information related to the RRB Group D exam below.
- September 5, 2020: The RRB Group D Exam Date is announced. The exam will be held from December 15, 2020, onwards. The detailed schedule will be announced soon.
- A total of 1,03,769 vacancies will be filled for Level 1 post through the RRB Group D examination and the selected candidates will be posted in 16 railway zones.
- RRB Group D Exam 2020 scheduled for the cities Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Sambalpur, Khurda & Berhamapur are cancelled due to the cyclone Titli.
- What is RRB Group D exam?
- RRB Group D 2020 Exam Date
- RRB Group D 2020 Eligibility
- RRB Group D 2020 Registration
- RRB Group D 2020 Application Form
- RRB Group D 2020 Admit Card
- RRB Group D 2020 Exam Centres
- RRB Group D 2020 Exam Pattern
- RRB Group D 2020 Syllabus
- RRB Group D 2020 Vacancy
- RRB Group D 2020 Recruitment
- RRB Group D 2020 Reference Books
- Contact Details
What is RRB Group D Exam?
The Railway Recruitment Board is a government organization in India that appoints new employees to work in Indian Railways. The Railway Recruitment Board has been set up based on the policies evolved over a period of time. The RRB objectives are to rationalize the work-load, to expedite the selection process, to conduct recruitment at a national level, and to bring the recruitment board nearer to the candidates. The Railway Recruitment Board is responsible for conducting the Group D exam.
About RRB Group D exam: The Railway Recruitment Board conducts the RRB Group D examination for the year 2020 on behalf of the Railway Recruitment Cell. The exam is conducted at the national level for various posts like Helper/Assistant, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Pointsman, in various departments of the Indian Government. The RRB Group D exam is likely to be held on December 15, 2020 as per the notifications from the Ministry of Railways. The entire exam comprises of two computer-based tests and a physical efficiency test. The admit card release of the RRB Group D 2020 exam will be released a while before the scheduled exam dates. All the final dates and shifts for the examination will be updated in the RRB Group D Exam Dates section post the official announcement.
There are a total of 21 Railway Recruitment Board set up in various cities in India. The RRB objectives include monitoring all the activities of RRBs, which includes expenditure incurred for recruitment. The recent notification talked about the release of the RRB Group D 2020 exam date by the Ministry of Railways on September 05, 2020.
RRB Group D Exam Highlights
The highlights for the RRB Group D exam is given in the table below
|Exam Name||Railway Recruitment Board Group D|
|Acronym||RRB Group D|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of exam||Computer-based test (Online)|
1. Computer Based Test
2. Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
3. Document Verification and Medical Examination
|Job Location||Across India|
RRB Group D 2020 Exam Date
The revised schedule for the RRB Group D 2020 exam has been released by the Ministry of Railways. The application form for the RRB Group D exam had started on March 12, 2020 and the last date to complete the application form was on April 12, 2020. The deadline to pay the exam fee was different for both online and offline payments.
The exam was postponed due to the ongoing pandemic and it is expected to be conducted from December 15, 2020, as per the latest notification from the Ministry of railways. Candidates can check the important dates given below.
|Release of Official Notification||March 12, 2020|
|RRB Group D Application Form Start Date||March 12, 2020|
|Last date of Application Form||April 12, 2020|
|Closing Date for Payment of Application Fee (Offline)||April 18, 2020|
|Closing Date for Payment of Application Fee (Online)||April 23, 2020|
|RRB Group D Admit Card Release Date||First Week of December 2020 (Tentative)|
|RRB Group D Exam Date||December 15, 2020 onwards (Tentative)|
|RRB Group D Results||To be announced|
RRB Group D 2020 Eligibility
The recruitment board has set up various parameters for the eligibility criteria for the RRB Group D 2020 exam. The aspirants must refer to the information given below and ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the RRB Group D 2020 examination.
RRB Group D 2020 Nationality
All the interested candidate should be-
- an Indian citizen, or
- a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee (who came to India before January 01, 1962, with the intention of settling in India permanently).
RRB Group D 2020 educational qualification
- The candidate should be have passed Class X, or ITI from any institution recognized by NCVT/ SCVT/ or Equivalent, or National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT. If the candidate has completed Diploma/ Engineering, the application will not be accepted.
- Candidates who are awaiting their final examination result cannot apply for the RRB Group D 2020.
RRB Group D 2020 age limit
The age of the candidate must be between 18 to 33 years, to be eligible for the exam. The RRB Group D age relaxations given to several reserved categories are given below.
|Other Backward Caste (OBC)||3 years|
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Person with Disability(PwD)||10 years|
|Person with Disability (OBC)||13 years|
|Person with Disability (SC/ST)||15 years|
RRB Group D 2020 Medical Standards
- Candidates need to have a distance vision of 6/9, 6/12, 6/18 according to the post you are applying for.
- Candidates need to be generally fit in all physical aspects.
- These medical standards are applicable for various posts having different standards as A2, B1, B2 & C1.
RRB Group D 2020 Registration
The form for RRB Group D 2020 was available from March 12, 2020 to April 12, 2020. Given below is a walkthrough for candidates on how to register themselves for this exam successfully.
How to apply for RRB Group D 2020 Exam?
- Visit the official website of RRB of respective RRB region.
- Search for the link RRB Group D Recruitment Notification.
- Click on Apply Online button
- Select New Registration, if the candidates are applying for the first time and have not registered before.
- Fill up all the details like personal, contact and academic details.
- Upload scanned copy of photograph and signature.
- Proceed with the fee payment process
- Preview the application form and submit it.
- Take a printout of the application form for future use.
RRB Group D 2020 Application Form
To fill the application form of RRB Group D 2020 exam, candidates must go through the list of all required documents, photograph requirements as well as the application fees to avoid making any mistakes in the application form.
RRB Group D 2020 Photograph Specifications
The specifications for the photograph are given below:
|Background||White/ Light colour|
35mmX45mm with name and date printed on it
|Format||JPG/JPEG scanned with 100 DPI|
RRB Group D 2020 Application Form Fee
The RRB Group D 2020 Application Form fee is tabulated below. The application fee varies from category to category.
|Category||RRB Group D 2020 Application Fee|
|General / OBC||INR 500|
|SC/ ST/ PH||INR 250 (Refundable on appearing in the CBT exam)|
Mode of Payment: Candidates can choose their mode of payment and must take a print out of the Payment Confirmation Page for their future references. The Railway Recruitment Board has given two options to the candidates to pay for the Group D 2020 Exam. These include:
- Online - Candidates can pay the application form fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
- Offline - Candidates can also pay through the offline method by depositing the amount in any Recognized Banks in India, or any computerized Post Office in India.
NOTE: Candidates who want to make changes in the RRB Group D 2020 Application Form have to pay an amount of INR 100. Candidates must remember that under no circumstances, the RRB will refund the Application Form Fee to the candidates. The RRB has announced that they do not accept the payment fee from any other method.
RRB Group D 2020 Admit Card
The Admit Card for RRB Group D 2020 examination will be released on the official websites of the RRB. Candidates who have successfully registered and submitted the application form, and paid the application fee can download the admit card by using the login credentials. The RRB Group D admit card will contain all the important details of the candidate and the exam. Candidates are advised to check them carefully and report to the concerned authority in case of any discrepancies.
How to download the RRB Group D 2020 Admit Card?
To download the RRB Group D 2020 admit card, candidates can follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of RRB of your respective RRB region.
- Search for the link reading 'RRB Group D 2020 Admit Card.' Click on that link.
- Enter the login credentials such as application number and the date of birth.
- The screen will display the RRB Group D 2020 admit card.
- Download the admit card and take the printout of the same.
Details on the RRB Group D 2020 admit card
Candidates can find the below-mentioned details on the admit card of the RRB Group D 2020 exam.
- Candidate's name
- Date of Birth
- Roll number
- Registration Number
- Applied Post
- Photograph and signature
- Exam date and timings
- Name and address of the exam centre
- General instructions to be followed during the exam
RRB Group D 2020 Exam Centres
The different Railway Recruitment Board regions conduct the exam in various cities. The RRB Andhra Pradesh has more than thirty Exam Centres for the candidates to write the Group D exam.
The list of exam centres of RRB Group D 2020 exam is given below.
|RRB Region||Group D 2020 Exam Centres|
|Andaman and Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Andhra Pradesh||Amalapuram, Anantapur, Bhimavaram, Challapalli, Chirala, Chittoor, Eluru, Gooty, Gudivada, Gudur, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kanchikachera, Kavali, Kurnool, Nandyal, Narasapuram, Narasaraopet, Nellore, Ongole, Prodattur, Puttur, Rajahmundry, Rajam, Rajampet, Srikakulam, Surampalem, Tadipalligudem, Tekkali, Tirupathi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vuzuabagran|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun|
|Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Ara, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Bihar Sharif, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan|
|Chhattisgarh||Bilaspur, Durg, Bhilai, Nagpur, Raipur|
|Delhi/ NCR||Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, New Delhi, Noida|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Dadra, Gandhinagar, Godhra, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Mehsana, Nadiad, Navsari, Rajkot, Silvassa, Surat, Surendranagar, Vadodara, Valsad, Vapi|
|Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Gurgaon, Hisar, Jhajjar, Jind, Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Mohindergarh, Panchkula, Panipat, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat, Yamuna Nagar|
|Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamsala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Palampur, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Sunder Nagar Una|
|Jammu and Kashmir||Anantnag, Awantipora, Baramulla, Jammu, Kathau, Pulwama, Samba, Srinagar, Udhampur|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Karnataka||Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bellary, Bijapur, Chikballapur, Chikmagalpur, Davanagre, Dharwad, Gadag, Gulbarga, Hassan, Hubli, Kolar, Mangalore, Mysore, Puttur, Shimoga, Surathkal, Tumkur, Udupi, Uttara Kannada|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thrissur, Trivandrum|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Rewa, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Ahmednagar, Akola, Amaravati, Aurangabad, Beed, Bhandara, Buladena, Chandrapur, Dhule, Ghadchiroli, Gondia, Jalgaon, Latur, Madgaon, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nandurbar, Nashik, Navi Mumbai, Pandharpur, Parbhani, Pimpri, Chinchwad, Pune, Raigad, Ratnagiri, Sangamner, Sangli, Satara, Solapur, Sindhudurg, Thane, Wardha, Washim, Yavatmal|
|Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Bhubaneswar, Baripada, Berhampur- Ganjam, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jeypore, Jharsuguda, Khurda, Rayagada, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|Punjab||Abohar, Amritsar, Banur, Barnala, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh, Sahib, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Khanna, Ludhiana, Malout, Moga, Mohali, Muktasar, Nawanshahr, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Ropar, Sangrur.|
|Rajasthan||Abu Road, Ajmer, Alwar, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Chittorgarh, Dungarpur, Hanumangarh, Jaipur, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kota, Pali Marwar, Sikar, Sri Ganganagar, Tonk, Udaipur|
|Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Kanyakumari, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Namakkal, Salem, Thanjavur, Thoothukudi, Tiruchirapalli, Tiruvannamalai, Vellore, Villupuram, Virudhunagar|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kodad, Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Ranga, Reddy, Secunderabad, Siddipet, Warangal|
|Tripura||Agartala, Bisramganj, Khowai, Teliamura, Udaypur|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Amroha, Banda, Barabanki, Bareilly, Bijnor, Bulandshahr, Faizabad, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Kaushambi, Lucknow, Mathura, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Varanasi|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Nainital, Roorkee, Rudrapur, Udham Singh Nagar|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Bankura, Berhampore, Bishnupur, Burdwan, Durgapur, Haldia, Hooghly, Kalyani, Kolkata, Greater Kolkata, Krishnagar, Siliguri|
RRB Group D 2020 Exam Pattern
The RRB Group D 2020 comprises of three stages which include:
- RRB Group D CBT (Computer-Based Test)
- RRB Group D PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- RRB Group D DV (Document Verification)
RRB Group D Computer-Based Test
Candidates can check the link for the detailed view of the exam pattern.
|Exam Name||RRB Group D Computer-Based Test|
|Mode of Exam||Computer-Based Test|
|Exam Duration||90 minutes|
|Number of Sections||4; General Awareness/Current Affairs, Mathematics, General Science, General Intelligence & Reasoning|
|Total number of questions||100|
|Negative Marking||1/3 of the marks will be deducted for every incorrect response.|
|Number of questions per section||
RRB Group D Physical Efficiency Test
The candidates who qualify the RRB Group D 2020 Computer-Based Test will be summoned for the Physical Efficiency Test. It is mandatory for the candidates to qualify the PET exam, however, the marks obtained will not be counted for the final selection.
RRB Group D 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of RRB Group D 2020 comprises the following subjects:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Science
- General Awareness and Current Affairs.
RRB Group D 2020 Mathematics Syllabus
- Number System
- Ration & Proportion
- Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Time & Work
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Elementary Statistics
- Geometry & Trigonometry
- Square Root
- Calendar & Clock
- Age Calculations
- Pipes & Cistern
RRB Group D 2020 General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus
- Coding and Decoding
- Venn Diagram
- Mathematics operations
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
- Conclusions and Decision making
- Analytical Reasoning
- Statement - Arguments & Assumptions
- Alphabetical and Number Series
- Similarities and Differences
RRB Group D 2020 General Science Syllabus
- Life Sciences
Note: The questions asked in the General Science paper would be of the grade level X or 10.
RRB Group D 2020 General Awareness Syllabus
- Indian Railways
- Indian Constitution
- Books and Authors
- Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Indian Economy
- Countries and Capitals
- Awards and Recognitions
- Countries and Currencies
- Science and Technology
- Union Budget
RRB Group D 2020 Vacancy
- The recruitment for the RRB Group D 2020 exam will fill the 1,03,769 vacancies for the Level 1 post under the Indian Railways department.
- The total number of vacancies reserved for the PWBD category is 4,326, while for the backward PWBD is 112, and for the ExSM/CCAA is 20,734.
- The total number of vacancies available are listed below:
RRB City Zone General OBC SC ST Total Vacancies Ahmedabad WR 3056 1653 901 477 6087 Ajmer NWR 2493 1198 704 360 4755 Allahabad NCR 2533 1141 736 352 4762 Bangalore SWR 1184 596 346 167 2293 Bhubaneshwar ECOR 783 346 245 158 1532 Bilaspur SECR 587 317 168 87 1159 Chandigarh NR 3955 2113 1174 590 7832 Chennai SR 1550 666 431 332 2979 Gorakhpur NER 1686 926 500 276 3388 Guwahati NFR 1304 696 284 193 2577 Kolkata ER 1155 654 355 203 2367 Mumbai CR 2321 1236 675 393 4625 Patna ECR 3016 1614 899 450 5981 Ranchi SER 1240 662 426 197 2525 Secunderabad SCR 3254 1723 1016 530 6523
RRB Group D 2020 Recruitment
- The candidates will be evaluated in two stages:
- Stage 1 - Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Stage 2 - Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- The next stages involve Document Verification and Medical Examination.
- The candidates who belong to OBC have to submit Non-Creamy Layer certificate.
- Candidates can visit RRB Group D 2020 Recruitment to know about all the documents required for verification, the medical exam standards, and the job description for the available posts.
RRB Group D 2020 Reference Books
- Candidates can refer to the books available in the RRB Group D 2020 Reference Books
- Books are available in English, Hindi, Tamil, and other vernacular languages.
- There are problem solved books as well which will guide the candidates in preparing for the Group D exam.
In case of any queries related to the RRB Group D exam, candidates can contact at the given details below
Address: Railway Recruitment Board,
Railway Colony, Near Railway Station, Chandigarh – 160002
Email: [email protected]