CBSE affiliated English medium Sainik Schools prepare cadets to join the National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla (Pune), Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala and other officer training academies. At present, there are a total of 31 Sainik Schools across the country with some more schools in proposals.
Latest News on AISSEE 2021
- AISSEE 2021 Provisional Answer Key Released - Published on March 5, 2021
- March 13, 2021: The results for AISSEE 2021 have been declared. For more information, Visit the AISSEE Results page.
- March 5, 2021: The provisional answer key for AISSEE 2021 is released. Candidates can submit their objections, if any on or before March 6, 2021.
- January 11, 2021: The admit card for AISSEE 2021 is released. Candidates can download the same from today onwards. Download the admit card by logging in to the student portal.
- December 18, 2020: Today is the last date to apply for the AISSEE 2021 Exam. Register before the application portal is closed for good. The exam is scheduled to be held on February 7, 2021.
- What is AISSEE?
- AISSEE 2021 Eligibility
- AISSEE 2021 Exam Date
- AISSEE 2021 Application Form
- AISSEE 2021 Syllabus
- AISSEE 2021 Pattern
- AISSEE 2021 Results
- AISSEE Selection Process
- AISSEE Reservations
What is AISSEE?
All India Sainik School Entrance Exam is conducted by the Sainik School Society for candidates aspiring to pursue education, which would help them get into National Defence Academy (NDA), Khadakwasla (Pune), Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, and other officer training academies.
Every year, about 25% of candidates who enter the National Defense Academy happen to be from Sainik Schools. Every year National Defence Academy accepts 25% of all candidates from Sainik Schools. Under the supervision of the Ministry of Defense, Sainik School Society, being an autonomous organization has set up these schools around the country, intending to educate the students in a simulated military environment.
AISSEE 2021 Eligibility
It is important for candidates aspiring to attempt AISSEE 2021 to go through the eligibility criteria defined by the organizing authorities carefully. Following is the criteria set by the Sainik School Society for the entrance examination 2021.
Note: Only Boys are eligible for Sainik School Admission.
- Age Limit criteria for admission in Sainik School as on 31st March 2020
- Class 6 - 10 to 12 years
- Class 9 - 13 to 15 years
- The Entrance Examination will be held for admission to class VI & IX. Boys who are between the age of 10 to 12 years and 13 to 15 years respectively on 31st March of the year in which admission is sought are eligible to take the Entrance Exam.
- For admission to Class IX, the boys should be studying in Class VIII in a recognized school.
- Admission will be made strictly in order of merit only in classes VI and IX.
- Only boys’ candidates are eligible to take admission in Sainik School all over India.
- Girls candidates can also apply in the case of Sainik School Chhingchhip.
AISSEE 2021 Exam Date
Candidates planning to apply for AISSEE 2021, are advised to stay updated about the important events associated with the exam. The All India Sainik School Entrance Examination 2021 has been scheduled to take place on Oct 16, 2021. Other important exam dates for AISSEE 2021 are mentioned below:
|AISSEE 2021 Important Dates|
|1.||Online Registration of Application||August 2020|
|2.||Last Date of Online Registration of Application||May 31, 2021|
|3.||Issue of Admit Card||Oct 8, 2021|
|4.||Date of Entrance Examination||Oct 16, 2021|
|5.||Release of Answer Key||March 04, 2021|
|6.||Objections raised against the Answer Key||March 06, 2021|
|7.||Result||March 13, 2021|
AISSEE 2021 Application Form
All India Sainik Schools Entrance Exam named as AISSEE in Short which conducted all over India to provide admission to Sainik Schools. Aspirants can take admission in Class 6 and Class 9 after qualifying for the AISSEE 2021 Entrance Exam.
Candidates need to apply by entering their personal and essential information like phone number, email address, locality, basic education details, etc. The candidates also need to upload their scanned photographs and signature in the respective forms. The exam center will depend on the choice preferred by the candidate depending on his nearest exam center.
The next step for a successful application is the fees that should also be paid through online mode.
Detailed Notification is available on sainikschooladmission.in
How to Apply for AISSEE?
This year Application Form will be released in online mode only. For the online application form, the eligible candidate can apply online on the website www.sainikschooladmission.in. Candidates can apply Online Application Form as per his eligibility. Candidates applying for (VI, IX) It is suggested to candidates to carry recent testimonials, scanned photograph and signature with him while applying online, so that right information may be entered. The candidates are advised to fill information carefully.
Uploading of Photo and Signature
It is mandatory for candidates to upload their recent coloured passport size photograph and signature on the panel to complete the registration process successfully. Printing of Application form is not possible without uploading the photograph and signature. The photograph and signature must be less than 1MB in size.
After successful registration, the candidates have to choose the payment option. Candidate can submit the admission fee online through the Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking by using Online option.
The Registration charge will be included in the selling price of the prospectus-sum-application forms at the following rates:-
- General and Defence Category Rs 400/-
- SC/ST Rs 250/-
Note: Once the payment is done successfully candidate can edit his Application form within 72 hours.
The candidate needs to sign the Application Form at the space provided on the application form. The candidate must keep a photocopy of the Application Form for use as a reference for future correspondence.
AISSEE 2021 Exam Pattern
AISSEE is conducted offline, using the OMR sheet. Candidates are advised to understand the exam pattern for AISSEE carefully, to avoid unnecessary mistakes. The entrance exam consists of two different sections specifically Paper-I and Paper-II.
Paper-I will be held in the first day first half, Mathematical knowledge test for 100 marks and Language ability test will be conducted for 100 marks.
Paper-II will be an Intelligence test that contains 100 marks. Paper I will be held in two hours and paper II will be held in 50 minutes. The candidates should go through the medical examination where the students will be observed as per the physical standard of authority.
The entire test pattern for class VI is mentioned below:
|Exam Pattern for Class VI|
|Subject||Number of Questions and Marks||Total Marks|
|Maths||50 Questions, 3 Mark each||150|
|GK||25 Questions, 2 Mark each||50|
|Language||25 Questions, 2 Mark each||50|
|Intelligence||25 Questions, 2 Mark each||50|
The entire test pattern for class IX is mentioned below:
|Exam Pattern for Class IX|
|Subject||Number of Questions and Marks||Total Marks|
|Maths||50 Questions, 4 Mark each||200|
|Social Studies||25 Questions, 2 Mark each||50|
|English||25 Questions, 2 Mark each||50|
|Intelligence||25 Questions, 2 Mark each||50|
|General Science||25 Questions, 2 Mark each||50|
AISSEE 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for AISSEE 2021 will be nothing more difficult than the grade for which the test is taking place.
Class VI - The questions will be asked from Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, English/Hindi, and other subjects that are taught at that level. The difficulty of questions will be of that of grade VI. There will also be a section of general awareness and current affairs.
AISSEE English Syllabus
- Composition/ Paragraph Writing
- Comprehension Passages
- Make Meaningful Sentence from Jumbled Words
- Singular and Plural Forms
- Affirmative and Interrogative
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- One Word Answers/ Fill in the Blanks
- Framing Questions
- Sentence Types (Interrogative, Positive, Negative, Exclamatory)
- Constructing Sentences with Words, etc
AISSEE Mathematics Syllabus
- Number System: Place Value and Face Value of Numbers, Comparison of Numbers, Writing Greatest and Smallest numbers, Rounding off numbers, Fundamental Operations on number including BODMAS rule, Number Patterns and Series, LCM and HCF, Prime Factorisation, squares, and square roots, etc.
- Fractional and Decimals: Simplifications, Fundamental Operations Including BODMAS Rule, Lowest form and equivalent fractions, comparisons, squares and square roots, Conversion of fractions to decimals or percentages and vice versa, applications including word problems, etc.
- Commercial Mathematics: Time and work, Ration and Proportion, unitary method, percentages, profit and loss including percentages, simple interest, arithmetic mean, degree Fahrenheit, preparation of cash bills, time and distance including conversion of units, measurement of temperature in degree Celsius, etc.
- Mensuration: Conversion of Units of Area and Volume, Perimeter and areas and of Triangle – rectangle – square including given diagrams, circumference, and area of the circle, volumes of solids such as cube and cuboid, etc.
- Geometry: Basic Geometry concepts such as line, point, line segment, ray, etc, triangles, classification of angles, Circle and its parts, quadrilaterals and polygons, interior and exterior of given figures, quadrilaterals, angle sum property of triangles, angles, triangles, circles, construction of line segments, etc.
AISSEE General Knowledge (Science) Syllabus
- Living Things
- Characteristics of Living Things
- Plants and Animals
- The interdependence of living things and non-living things
- The human body
- Rocks and Minerals
- Water and weather
- Natural satellite
- simple machines
- Natural calamities, etc.
AISSEE General Knowledge (Social Studies) Syllabus
- Maps, Planets, Solar System, Satellites, Continents, Oceans, Motion of Earth, Latitudes and Longitudes, Climate.
- Freedom Fighters and great reformers, Our freedom struggle.
- Structure of Government, Fundamental rights and duties, united nation and its functions.
Class IX - The subjects from where the questions shall be asked will be from the IXth standard subjects on whole. The section of current affairs and general awareness will have higher difficulty than the Class VI questions and the candidates would be required to know about political and cultural events happening in the world.
- Modern History of India and World History.
- India in the 18th Century
- The Rise and growth of British Rule in India
- Policies and Impact of British Rule
- Administrative Structure
- Revolt Against British Rule
- Changes in Economic Life
- British Policies and administration in India After 1857
- Religion and Social Reform movement
- Struggle for Swaraj
- Cultural Awakening
- Achievements of Independence
- Nationalist Movement from 1923 – 1939, etc.
- Types and developments
- Human Resources
- World Geography
- Indian Geography
- Natural Resources – Land, Water, Soil, Minerals, Energy, Plants, and wildlife.
- Manufacturing Industries
- About the United Nations
- Natural Disasters – Earthquake, Cyclone, Volcanoes, Floods, Environmental Degradation
- Development Issues
- United Nations – International Agencies
- Human Rights
- India and the United Nations
- Foreign Policy of India
- India and its Neighbors.
- Letter Writing: Formal and Informal
- Comprehension/Paragraph/Passage Writing (150 words)
- Constructing a story from the outlines
- Comprehension Passage
- Types of Sentences
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Sentence Types
- Spotting Errors
- Reported Speech
- Active and Passive Voice
- One Word Substitutes
- Adjective Forms
- Adverb Forms
- Comparative and Superlative Degrees
- Question Tags and forming sentences with words, etc.
- The Universe
- Structure of Atom
- Transformation of Substances
- Metals and Non-Metals
- Cell Structure of Function
- Common Diseases
- Refraction of light
- Food Production and Management – Basic Practices
- Source of Energy
- Electricity and Magnetism.
- Squares and square roots of large numbers
- Rational Exponents and radicals including negative powers
- Cubes and Cube roots
- Compound Interest
- Division of Polynomials
- Loss and discount with percentages
- Algebraic Identities
- Factorization of Algebraic Expressions
- Parallel lines and its properties
- Linear equations in one variable including word problems
- Perimeter and areas of Triangle
- Circumference of Circle
- Areas of Plane Figures: Triangle
- Surface areas and volumes of a cube, cone, cylinder, cuboid, sphere, and hemisphere.
AISSEE 2021 Result
For the year 2021, the results are announced on March 13, 2021. After the publication of the written merit list, the Sainik School Society invites qualified candidates through official call letters for the next process, i.e. the interview and the medicals.
The written results are live on the official website of Sainik School Admissions, and the aspirants can log in to their candidate portals to view the results. The candidates will need to give in the credentials to their account. They can then display the status of their application along with the official publication of the results.
AISSEE Selection Process
The minimum qualifying marks for general category candidates as well as children of Defense Services personnel and Ex-servicemen will be 25% in each subject with 40% in aggregate unless these qualifying standards are revised or amended by the issue of written directions by the honorary Secretary.
In the case of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes candidates, minimum qualifying standards are not required and they will be admitted on the basis of inter-se merit at the Entrance Examination within these categories. In case an SC/ST candidate comes in the general merit on his own, he would be admitted against the general seat and will not be adjusted against the reserved share of SC/ST seats.
The Sainik School Society invites the merit-qualified candidates to appear for the interview as the next round of selection process. The candidates are invited through the official call up letters sent out by the admissions department. Candidates then appear for the interview at the center as directed in the call-up letter.
The interview process is designed in a somewhat SSB pattern, where the candidate will be evaluated on a number of grounds from aptitude and knowledge to communication skills and communication skills.
The results for the interviews will be out by February or March 2021.
The candidates successful to qualify the medical examinations will receive a final call-up letter for their admissions. However, before the admissions, the candidates will be required to go through a medical examination by the military hospitals as prescribed by the Sainik School Society. The candidates will be screened for any physical ailments that would hamper their performance, as well as their health in the academy.
The final admissions list with the candidate's names and the roll numbers will be out by March 2021. The list will consist of those candidates who are on the waitlist for admissions.
- 15% of the total seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7 ½% seats for Scheduled Tribes.
- Out of the remaining, 67% of the seats will be reserved for children from the State in which the Sainik Schools are located. Balance 33% leftover of seats will be thrown open to children from other States and Union Territories in the ratio of their male population. Any unutilized seats in this category will be merged with home State seats.
- 25% of seats are reserved for children of service personnel including Ex-servicemen.
For any further queries regarding the All India Sainik School Entrance Examination (AISSEE), the contact can be made with details given below.
Admissions Helpline No.:
(+91) 7827969316, 7827969318
9 AM to 5 PM on all working days
Email: [email protected]