About Zulal Bhilajirao Patil College, [ZBPC] Dhule
Zulal Bhilajirao Patil College, Dhule was established by the esteemed Jai Hind Housing Society, which was established in 1951. They recognised the need of an educational institute at an accessible distance for the students and thus started the Jai Hind Educational Trust, which today runs various institutes at kindergarten, primary, secondary and college level. This college was originally affiliated to the University of Pune but was later transferred to North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. It is located in one of the remote areas of Maharashtra having a predominantly tribal population. This caters to the needs of students belonging to such backward community who aspire to complete their education and be competent enough to face the real world. Apart from being known for its academic excellence, it is also known for inculcating the students with values and ethics. This is in adherence to their aim of an all-round development of its students. It emphasises on creating a research culture for the students apart from an academic one.
The college strives to impart quality education to students enabling them to develop, excel and achieve core competencies to meet the global requirements successfully.
We aspire to mobilize student strength for the sustenance of a healthy democracy and betterment of humanity by inculcating leadership, creativity, aesthetic values, scientific temperament, citizenship and a rational, eco-friendly approach through academic excellence.
Goals and Objectives :
- To develop in-depth knowledge of the students in their selected areas of study.
- To encourage the use of advanced technological developments and modern methods of communication, specially encouraging the underprivileged and first generation learners to bring them into the main stream.
- To inculcate in the students a commitment to conservation of biodiversity, the values of appreciation of nature, beauty and the gift of life.
- To equip the students with human values to understand and appreciate differences thereby creating a healthy climate of cooperation and universal brotherhood.
- To provide opportunities to enhance different skills leading to innovations, creativity and entrepreneurship to stand in the world of competition.
- To develop human resources and build the capacity of students to cater to the needs of the society and the nation as a whole.
- To enable the students to face competitive examinations and seek employment through training and placement activities.
- To promote the faculty for research, and participation in national, international workshops and conferences.
- To encourage the faculty to participate in different training programmes to develop skills to undertake consultancy, extension activities and outreach programmes.
Why to Join Zulal Bhilajirao Patil College, Dhule?
- Extracurricular: The College promotes a rich culture of sports, music and other extra-curricular activities. It boasts excellence of its students in various sports and cultural activities. Its students have bagged various prizes in various such fields.
- Faculty: It has a prestigious and well-educated team of faculty. They ensure academic excellence of the students while in the University as well as when they graduate. They also act as mentors for the students and direct them to the path of achieving enormous success and fame in the future.
- Collaboration: It has academic collaboration with many prestigious institutions such as- Ford Foundation, New Delhi, and Foundation for Excellence, U.S.A, Maharashtra Seva Samiti, Canada, Educational Resources Centre, New Delhi, Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access, New Delhi and IIT Mumbai etc.
How to Apply ?
The admission process is published through :-
- Prospectus – Prospectus and application forms are issued to the candidates and are invited within a stipulated period of time. The prospectus provides information about the rules and regulations of the college, eligibility criteria, courses available, fee structure, scholarships and other college activities.
- Website www.jahindcollege.ac.in
- Admission to PG courses Chemistry, Computer Science and Information Technology are through centralised University Process.
- Information regarding admission to different courses is also displayed on the College Notice Board; from time to time.
- In addition to the above criteria the government reservation policy for admission is strictly followed.
- The main criteria for admissions are academic performance however some seats are reserved for students who excel in sports and cultural activities.
- The college strictly follows the government reservation policy – Various admission committees consisting of faculty members and a senior teacher as the coordinator monitored by the Principal undertake the responsibility of the entire admission process.
- In some subjects merit list of eligible candidates in displayed on the notice board – Admission registers are prepared which records information, like name of the student, Percentage of marks, Category of the students, etc. which is daily reported to the Principal and the register is open to all.
- The students from disadvantaged community are provided counseling during the admission process. They can reimburse their fees when they receive Government Scholarships. They are also assisted in getting hostel accommodation through Senior Students.
- We have a Tribal Students Development Cell, through which we provide set of books through book-bank, bicycles, remedial coaching, etc.
- Through the Pathways Project we help students to get FAEA scholarships.
- We have 62% of socially disadvantaged students.
- Women – We have 70% girls in our college. The college believes in empowerment of women through education, so we encourage and counsel for fee concession and other options of payment – like paying in installments or reimbursement from scholarships etc. Financial aid to needy girls is provided through government, university and college schemes. We have a girls hostel, and another girls hostel is under construction.
- Differently abled – We have reservations as per government rule for differently abled students. These students are also provided conselling and concessions in fees.
- Economically – Weaker sections – Tution fee of Economically Backward Class (EBC) students is reimbursed by the Government of Maharashtra.
- Students who perform well in cultural activities and students who opt for N.C.C. are also given preference in admissions.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Tel. No. : 02562 -222343
Faxl. No. : 02562 -220678
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org