Xavier Institute of Management Facilities
XIM, Bhubaneshwar is spread on a 20-acre campus in the Institutional Area of Bhubaneswar. The campus offers ultra-modern classroom facilities, administrative buildings, hostel, executive hostel, faculty quarters, recreation club, auditorium, etc. More details regarding the XIMB infrastructure are given below.
- The XIMB hostel is made up of seven dormitory blocks with a total of over 600 rooms.
- For the convenience of the students, each XIMB Bhubaneswar hostel is equipped with amenities such as television, washing machines, water filters, geysers, and so on.
- All hostel rooms have 24-hour internet access via Wi-Fi and LAN connections, which connect them to the campus-wide internet and intranet services.
- From early morning to late at night, various food sellers serve the requirements of the students on campus.
EMBA Hostel: It is a two-storey structure built-in 1987. The EMBA hostel has about 50 single-occupancy rooms. This hostel was built for the students enrolled in the Executive MBA program.
Health and Wellness
- XIMB provides a comprehensive fitness and wellness programme for students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members, ranging from traditional gym space to racquet sports.
- The campus has floodlit facilities for volleyball, lawn tennis, basketball, badminton, and a well-equipped gymnasium and spacious playgrounds for football, cricket, and other sports.
- The campus and its surroundings provide excellent jogging and walking opportunities.
- A visiting doctor is available on campus for any health or medical concern, and an emergency ambulance service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Air-conditioned classrooms, seminar rooms, computer labs, and executive classrooms are all part of the academic classroom.
- Audio/video equipment, computers with large monitors, LCD projectors, and network connections via Wi-Fi and LAN are all available in the classrooms.
- There is a Management Development Centre (MDC), an auditorium, more state of the art classrooms, and faculty offices to help XIMB become a world-class business school that provides all facilities for faculty, staff, and students.
- The state of the art auditorium at XIMB is used for various purposes, including lectures, conferences, and entertainment for faculty, staff, and students.
- Ground floor (10,000 square feet): 2 large board rooms, 10 seminar and other rooms.
- Auditorium (12,500 square feet) on the first floor (850 seats)
- Bloomberg, a global financial information and technology company, has announced the establishment of the Bloomberg finance lab on the XIMB campus.
- With this XIMB, XIM University joins over 800 universities worldwide that have Bloomberg terminals or finance labs.
- The Bloomberg terminal service is a fully integrated solution that provides real-time and historical data, market-moving news, and analytics to assist leading business and financial professionals worldwide in making more informed investment decisions.
- The service includes execution platforms for each asset class, research, and a global network for secure and reliable communication.
- Over the years, the library has grown its resource collections, including books, periodicals, databases, e-books, e-journals, audio-visual materials, cases, company annual reports, working papers, and newspapers, by utilising cutting-edge technology.
- The XIMB library has a fantastic collection of books and journals on management and related topics. We have implemented the "open access system," allowing readers to locate and access information easily.
- In addition to print materials, the library offer access to electronic databases such as EBSCO Publishing, ELSEVIER, JSTOR, ISI Emerging Markets Databases, CMIE database, and more.
- While EBSCO publishing covers nearly 3500 journals, ISI emerging markets covers Indian business and industry in depth. The CMIE database contains information on over 24000 businesses.
- There is also an annual report database at the library, which contains information on nearly 6000 companies.
- The library has a subscription to the BLOOMBERG database, which allows users to supplement their research activities.
- To automate library information, XIMB Library has implemented a Library Information System (LIS). This system provides a searchable web interface for locating books, as well as assistance with day-to-day transactions. It responds to any query raised by a client by author, title, or subject.Over the years,
- All computers are linked to the campus LAN/Wi-Fi network, supported by a fibre optic backbone. The academic block, administrative block, classrooms, library, hostels, and faculty residences are all covered by the campus network.
- The Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar infrastructure networks stakeholders have continuous access to the internet via a redundant 600 Mbps (1:1) leased line connection. There are five computer labs connected with high configuration desktops for the evaluation of online quizzes and other analytical classes.
- More than 10 high-end print servers are catering to the faculty and the staff.