The university has a great infrastructure and following are some of the facilities provided to the students on the campus:
- The Central Library is housed in a two-storied building in the Golapbag campus.
- Being in the middle of the campus it is easily accessible from all departments of the university. It has a carpet area of about 12,000 sq ft.
- The library opens from 7-30 am to 6 pm except for Saturdays and Sundays when it remains open from 10 am to 5 pm.
- There are 19 departmental libraries in the Golapbag campus attached to the respective departments.
- The library provides consultation facilities to out side scholars, teachers of the affiliated colleges and students of other universities as well as ex-students of our university on the basis of the Library Rules.
2) Campuswide Fiber Optic LAN
- The University has implemented campus-wide Fiber Optic LAN with Gigabit backbone at the academic campus (Golapbag).
- All the departments and sections are connected to the Computer Centre through this LAN.
- The network is administered and managed by the Computer Centre.
3) The Internet and Related Services through Broadband Connection
- The Internet and Email facilities are being provided through high-speed connectivity under the NMEICT (National Mission on Education through ICT) Project of the Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. Also, a 2 Mbps Lease Line and a 2 Mbps Broadband connection from Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) are being subscribed the University.
- The services are provided to all the departments round the clock throughout the year.
- The services are extended to some of the residential areas like the Guest House, Teachers' Hostel, etc.
4) E-Journal Facilities under the UGC-Infonet Scheme
- The E-Journal facilities under the UGC-Infonet scheme are being provided to the academic community through the 2 Mbps Lease Line connectivity and the facility is extended to all the departments through campus-wide LAN.
5) Central Library OPAC Service
- The OPAC service of the SOUL software maintained by the Central Library is extended to all the departments through the LAN.
- Burdwan University Health Centre was started in 1965 with a view to providing health services to the students, teachers, and employees of the university.
- The Health Centre is located on the south (Chandnighat) of Krishnasayer Eco-Garden.