Dholka town, where our college is situated, is considered one of the ancient historical towns of Gujarat. Being the ancient town the exact year of its establishment is not known. According to some historians, Dholka town was founded in the 6th century B.C. But the historical evidence of the existence of Dholka is available from the year 1024 A.D. The name of Dholka or Dhavalak is mentioned in the Sanskrit literature of this era. Some monuments of 11th and 12th century A.D. exist in Dholka today. Many Sanskrit scriptures were written in Dholka during 12th and 13th century A.D. Dholka was considered as the ‘knowledge Centre’.
Dholka is the capital town of Dholka Taluka of Ahmedabad District of Gujarat State. It is situated 65 kms South-westwards from Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat State and 40kms from Ahmedabad city. The municipality of Dholka was established in 1856 A.D. and it was among the first five Municipalities of Gujarat which were established in the year 1856 – 57.
Our college is run by Dholka Education Society which is the foremost Trust among the nine Trusts providing educational facilities to the students of Dholka and surrounding villages. It was established in 1945. Dholka Education Society is registered under societies Registration Act 1985 No.13/45 and Public Trust Act No.F/46. the Society is providing educational facilities to the students of Dholka town and surrounding villages from Kindergarten to Graduation and Post graduation level.
Our college was founded in 1963 by Dholka Education Society. The first Chief Minister of Gujarat State late Shri Jivarajbhai Mehta handed over the old Govt.Guest House and the surrounding land to the former Minister and President of Dholka Education Society to start an Arts and Commerce college in 1963. The old building was renovated and extended to start the college with the donation of Rs.75, 000/- given by Late Shri Damodardas K. Shah. Considering this big amount of donation the college was christened as ‘Smt. Rambhaben Damodardas Shah Arts and Smt Vijayaben Damodardas Shah Commerce College. The college building was inaugurated by former Minister Late Shri Ratubhai Adani. Our college is affiliated to Gujarat University which was established in 1949.
For more details about admission please contact :-
Phone : 02714- 221874
Mobile : 094290 23042 ; 07600709344 [ principal - Mr. R.B. Rai ]
Email : [email protected]
Smt. R.D. Shah Arts and Smt. V.D. Shah Commerce College is located at Kheda Bagodra Highway which is 1.5 km away from Main bus stand and 2 km from Railway Station. Our College offers an exciting array of infrastructural facilities for the students.
Our hostel building is set for the excellence of teaching. It has been set in a contemporary and environmentally-friendly building, the centre features ground and first floor of teaching space, including 29 rooms which consist of 14 classroom, computer lab, CWDC room
The campus has a well-established training and placement cell for proving the job opportunity to the eligible students. Campus invites many reputed recruiters every year for the campus recruitment.